• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

My Bluray drive randomly stopped being recognized by Win 8.1 Sunday night and was grayed-out in Device Manager. Spent two hours figuring out what changed and doing a System Restore, restarting, etc. Then I shut the machine down completely when none of that worked, and started again to do something random and it worked fine.

Stupid optical drive I rarely use but refuse to live without... stop givin' me problems.

Annubis

so i booted up DX HR again. Stealth is the recommended way always right? cause is stocked up on Tranq Darts

Maximum experience is non-lethal takedowns on everyone with double takedowns whenever possible.
Also, never get seen or heard for the ghost bonus.

Aaron D.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 53 Steam keys.

Blackbay Asylum -- MB-822EDC3403B2114B - Taken by Aaron D.

So this game...is actually kinda great?!

It's amateurish in production. Stupid offensive. Obtuse in design.

Yet it's charming in a Deadly Premonition kind of way. The writing is genuinely hilarious.

Fascinating stuff.

Grief.exe

My Bluray drive randomly stopped being recognized by Win 8.1 Sunday night and was grayed-out in Device Manager. Spent two hours figuring out what changed and doing a System Restore, restarting, etc. Then I shut the machine down completely when none of that worked, and started again to do something random and it worked fine.

Stupid optical drive I rarely use but refuse to live without... stop givin' me problems.

You mean turn it off and on again wasn't your first option?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
i2WedXDORzQwi.png

this should work right

dex3108

Finally hooked up our revamped PC rig to play the #RainbowSixSiege alpha and been updating and installing files for the last hour...

https://twitter.com/andrearene/status/585882554894422016

EXACTLY why I have been predominantly a console gamer since the early 2000s

https://twitter.com/andrearene/status/585882680555737088

that's a fair point but at least it's easy, you don't have to go to an external website and get in the business of shady downloads

https://twitter.com/andrearene/status/585883571946041344

Dsyndrome

You mean turn it off and on again wasn't your first option?

I blame travel fatigue or my dog, he's a good scapegoat for my ineptitude.

Started it from a totally off state, and was looking for some quick fix so I could get some PoE in before going to bed. I didn't follow step 1 in every computer troubleshooting guide for fuck-knows what reason.

Salsa

I realized $50 is my sweet spot where if I just reach that sitting on paypal I actively look for something to buy

what a dipshit

Arkham Knight on nuuvem needs to show up

Maniac

Banned
Hey, hey ya'll

uPlay updates are shady and so is Steam

(Okay, uPlay updates are fucking awful, but not really shady)

Vibranium

Banned
that's a cool ass trailer

looks actiony but actiony trailers are cool so w/e

in spite of how disappointing is to have the same style with the same protagonist, i have good hopes for this one

Maybe after Mankind Divided Eidos Montreal will be confident enough to go farther in the future. I am super excited for MD but yeah, after this one I would like a new game either a couple of years before the first game or after Invisible War.

Nanolocks, skills and swimming, all that good stuff.

LevelNth

Banned
Not sure if this is right thread to ask this, but has anyone here used CrossOver on a mac to play Windows Steam games?

I'm thinking of doing that for FFVII and FFVIII on my Air.

Tizoc

Should get Commandos collection from Steam or GOG....
Or should I wait for humblebundle to offer it for cheap again...

Maniac

Banned
Should get Commandos collection from Steam or GOG....
Or should I wait for humblebundle to offer it for cheap again...

Get yer hippie-GOG talk outta muh Steam thread

... I just remembered how much I used to love Commandos. I played hundreds of hours when I was younger :/

I should really get them on Steam, shouldn't I?...

Dr Dogg

Haha, I bought a BD-R drive a few years ago but didn't bother reinstalling it when I switched cases on Christmas. All I did BD-wise was rip my physical BD collection shortly after I bought the drive, however the backups didn't last long as I deleted them to make some space.

I did exactly the same thing with the 360 HD DVD drive. Picked one up for dirt cheap when it was considered dead tech, bought loads of HD DVD's for penny's, ripped them and dumped them on my NAS drive and haven't looked at the disc's or player since.

Preload for GTA5 started. Hopefully it'll be done before the game comes out.

Race ya! I've got a day and 2 hours to go but my router keeps crapping out on me so it will probably be 3.

Dr Dogg

That seems 7 days late.

Anywho seeing as you can create your own radio station in GTA V and that I own the Vice City and San Andreas soundtracks I think I know what I'll be doing when the game unlocks.

I've spent more time updating my PS4 in the last couple weeks than I have on my PC in years, every single time I turn it on there's a 30+ minute update.

PS3 was the same thing.

the ps4 updates when on standby/rest. stop turning off you ps4, yo

Yep. Salsa's thread on the matter is also not going to end well. I was going to post that tweet there but after reading some comments I decided to stay away, strange things happen outside steamgaf.
in the GTAV 60 FPS PC trailer thread, there were people trying to downplay how good the game looked because they though they saw tearing in the trailer. FFS, it's a PC game, tearing aint a thang on this platform

Phinor

the ps4 updates when on standby/rest. stop turning off you ps4, yo

As I/we move our PS4 constantly between two spots in the house, standby isn't an option. So in this case, PS4 updates are pretty bad compared to PC. Same with Xbox One actually, it feels like every time I start a game, there's a new update for the game and it takes 10-30 minutes to update. And another half an hour to update the Xbox One itself, they seem to push out updates constantly as well.

It's a bit unfair comparison because I don't have to move this PC so it updates in the background, but then blaming PC for Ubisoft and Uplay isn't really fault of the platform either.

Generally disliked Andrea when she was a guest on Weekend Confirmed. Anyone who listened to shows with her wouldn't be surprised by her comments. She always had strong opinions about things she didn't have much experience with.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kagemusha:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Survivor Squad -- MB-5A453BC878675D39 - Taken by Sendou
Real Boxing -- MB-6517B119123F7C37 - Taken by anastef
Sinister City -- MB-548E466188CDB984 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Purkake4
xheRJRF.gif
Damnation City of Death -- MB-3A0CF5B52D06017B - Taken by FiveElementNinja
t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold 3 Gold -- MB-1C3989527D090745 - Taken by nightstorm
Cargo Commander -- MB-96B92EBDF7588117 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Legendary -- MB-43EFF5993058AC99 - Taken by Blu(e)
Home -- MB-021987DD58681285 - Taken by zychi - Taken by Naked Snake
The Detail -- MB-A59AEFAFA4F40456 - Taken by chronomac
Velvet Assassin -- MB-BF70469878A3EC47 - Taken by lindarasta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom