• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Back to the Future LEGO game? Yes please.

I doubt it ... looks like The LEGO Movie 2 - look at those three character silhouettes ... sure - there might be some BTTF in there, why not ... but still - I say it's The LEGO Movie 2

Backlogger

I doubt it ... looks like The LEGO Movie 2 - look at those three character silhouettes ... sure - there might be some BTTF in there, why not ... but still - I say it's The LEGO Movie 2

Perhaps, but not sure LEGO Movie 1 was that popular not sure why they would make a second one.

Parsnip

Perhaps, but not sure LEGO Movie 1 was that popular not sure why they would make a second one.

Are you talking about the movie movie, or the movie the game? Because the movie made a shit ton of money, but that movie sequel isn't coming in a few more years.

It would be weird if they made the game sequel before the movie sequel, so I doubt it's a Lego Movie 2.
But obviously some kind of crossover.

The sequel's on track for 2017/2018, so not that. I say LEGO Universe or something like that. A crossover game basically, somehow involving BTTF.

That's pretty much how I feel about the Tomb Raider reboot, too. Going from Thief to it is hardly a step up.

The Tomb Raider Reboot still played like an Uncharted or a modern Action Adventure and had levels that made sense.

Thi4f wanted to be a stealth game, gives you almost no real opportunities and often just linear corridors without much space to hide and has a horrible hubworld.

I guess one could say Tomb Raider is a nice game, but a really bad TB game that doesnt even do justice to it's title.
To clarify, i liked the game. just hated the plot and lack of tombs :p

Tomb Raider is a GREAT game. Possibly THE best action adventure game of the past few years. Love dat bow.
The bow is really that satisfying, i'll give you that.
Now, i'm actually interested to read your opinion on it, game design wise, if you're serious.

Tomb Raider has fun traversal and satisfying bowplay.
You can't even fucking jump where you want in Thi4f, and every 5th step is a mash-a-button-loading screen =p
Traversal felt too dumbed down and magnetic, like an Uncharted game. The reboot also liked to beat you over the head as to which direction you should be heading with on-screen prompts and anything-but-subtle visual clues, on top of it being overly narrow with very little in the way of actual exploration. It's the exact opposite of an legitimate Tomb Raider game. The bow was passable; other, older games had more satisfying mechanics to me, and the rest of the gameplay wasn't anything of note either.

The Tomb Raider Reboot still played like an Uncharted or a modern Action Adventure and had levels that made sense.
You say this as if being an Uncharted / modern action adventure is a compliment. And levels making sense is also a bit of a stretch with how an abundance of 'conveniences' were scattered about (as is par of the course with big-budget AAA games) to fit narrative progression in the most hamfisted ways, or jarring visual hints like select pieces of the environments being painted white.

Hugstable

Banned
Been playing some Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin recently and have been enjoying the hell out of it. About to finish off Lost Bastille and this is going much smoother for me than my intial time spent with the Vanilla version did. Really liking the new enemy placements, and I seem to be doing much better with aggroing only single enemies unlike Vanilla where I got group ganked so much. Maybe I just got better with the formula since then, I'm not sure, but I'm doing way better this time and enjoying it much more.

MUnited83

For you.
Tomb Raider is a GREAT game. Possibly THE best action adventure game of the past few years. Love dat bow.

tumblr_inline_nlqzn9IJVs1syqgv2.gif

played about 2 and a half hours of DA:I. its a very pretty game @_@ lots of eye candy. very overwhelming too, theres a new quest like every 2 steps you take. really don't like that theres no healing class, only having 8 potions is a bummer :/ stupid ass choice. I went with a Qunari 2 handed warrior. :D

Turfster

played about 2 and a half hours of DA:I. its a very pretty game @_@ lots of eye candy. very overwhelming too, theres a new quest like every 2 steps you take. really don't like that theres no healing class, only having 8 potions is a bummer :/ stupid ass choice. I went with a Qunari 2 handed warrior. :D

From what I've heard, you basically have to ignore most of the quests in the first area or you'll be burned out before you even get to the meat of the main story.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Been playing some Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin recently and have been enjoying the hell out of it. About to finish off Lost Bastille and this is going much smoother for me than my intial time spent with the Vanilla version did. Really liking the new enemy placements, and I seem to be doing much better with aggroing only single enemies unlike Vanilla where I got group ganked so much. Maybe I just got better with the formula since then, I'm not sure, but I'm doing way better this time and enjoying it much more.

It's a really great game. I beat Vanilla twice and it's still taken my friend and me ~20 hours to get back to the Shrine of Winter point. We are heading into the DLC areas now and I'm pretty pumped since I only played one of the three.

From what I've heard, you basically have to ignore most of the quests in the first area or you'll be burned out before you even get to the meat of the main story.

yea thats what i was gonna do, was doing 1 quest and ended up adding another 6 or 7. and they're all little shitty mmo style quest. for all the shit DA2 got the side quest were solid as hell, just 2 and a half hours into this game and i can already tell the side quest are going to be shit.

It is.
Despite its flaws in quest design, it's a beautiful game. Each zones has its own characteristics as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yeah, it's excellent combat-wise. I just wish the enemy encounters were more challenging as the enemies do nothing but move forward and attack (sometimes not even the former) and the precision of the mouse makes achieving headshots almost insultingly easy. Once I unlocked the various "Kill x enemies with y" achievements, the bow is more or less all I used.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Has anyone played The Old City? Looks like an interesting walking sim.

I've been meaning to pick it up and see. There's been some mixed reports about it being more verbose and obtusely flowery with its language than even Dear Esther, but it's hard to tell if this is coming from people who were able to enjoy DE or not which will probably color their opinion pretty heavily.

Backlogger

Are you talking about the movie movie, or the movie the game? Because the movie made a shit ton of money, but that movie sequel isn't coming in a few more years.

It would be weird if they made the game sequel before the movie sequel, so I doubt it's a Lego Movie 2.
But obviously some kind of crossover.

I meant the game. I know my son doesn't like the game that much but loved the movie.

Milamber

Ugh, the delivery guy might have misplaced my copy of Harvest Moon if it is taking this long. What's currently the cheapest way to get GTA V on Steam?

I've been meaning to pick it up and see. There's been some mixed reports about it being more verbose and obtusely flowery with its language than even Dear Esther, but it's hard to tell if this is coming from people who were able to enjoy DE or not which will probably color their opinion pretty heavily.

Hm, that's not terribly encouraging as the language of DE has put me off both times I've tried to get into it. If only it was in the $1 IndieGala tier and not $6.11.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LUFTRAUSERS -- MB-BF404718E1A5F9F8 - Taken by Milamber. 7 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-4B95FEA4588F31FE - Taken by Grimm Fandango. 1 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-B73AD79145760DB2 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-83FD70F3AE72CC63 - Taken by Last Baron. 2 entrants total.
Race the Sun -- MB-E219D35D97035C52 - Taken by Natty1. 2 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-C306CEA56CE078F5 - Taken by Lobogris. 1 entrants total.

t1428555349z1.png

Once you spend more time on the game, you'll notice how underwhelming everything is.
I think Chinese copies are ROW but I'm not sure.
No longer tradable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom