• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Just to let everyone know about the StarDew Valley situation:
Dev Update #26
April 4, 2015​

Hi everyone,

Just want to give you a quick update on Stardew Valley. I’m still working hard on the game, nearly every day. I know there’s been some discussion as to a release date, so I’d like to touch on that.

As soon as I know when the game is to be released, I’ll announce it. I don’t have any intention of being deceptive or secretive. The reason I haven’t given a release date yet is that it’s extremely difficult to make an accurate prediction when it comes to finishing something like this. What I really don’t want is to throw a date out there and then have to disappoint people by pushing it back. I also don’t want to build hype prematurely… that already happened to some degree when Stardew Valley was Greenlit, and the resulting attention (and disappointment that the game wasn’t already available) was a bit overwhelming for me. I’d like to earn my reputation by releasing a great game, rather than creating buzz over screenshots and speculation well before the game is available. There’s definitely a proper time to start promoting a release, but I don’t feel like that moment has arrived yet.

I’ve been working on Stardew for years and I want it to be released as much as anyone. However, I’m not willing to do that until the game is not only complete, but also in a state I’m happy with. It simply could not be released in its current form… It’s not a finished game yet. It’s tantalizingly close to being a finished game, but it’s also a huge project and I’m just one guy. I truly believe it will be released this year, but there’s still months of work to be done.

I know I’ve said this before, but I’m really lucky to have such positive, supportive people interested in the development of Stardew Valley. I really do appreciate it, and the last thing I want is to let anyone down. The best I can do is to keep working hard until the game is finished and in your hands. And that’s what I’ll continue to do, no matter what.

Here’s what I’ve been working on lately:

id7LJSs.png

Finishing the mines. I’ve shifted some things away from being randomly-generated, instead
designing them by hand. My aim is to ensure that gameplay is focused and that the pacing is
enjoyable. I want players to really feel like they are making progress as they advance deeper into
underground, and earning proper rewards for their troubles. Previous versions of the mines never felt
quite right to me, but I’m very happy with it now.

Thanks for reading!
-Ape

baterism

i live in vietnam and GTA V price change 44.99$ to 49.99$ now :v

Ouch. I live in Indonesia and it's $42. I wonder why Vietnam not just grouped together with other SEA reg.

I kinda want GTAV. I never click with the series, but now I kinda want it. Is this the power of Hype™? Scary.

Just to let everyone know about the StarDew Valley situation:

I remember being interest in this a couple years ago. I suspect I'll be disappointed when it's not Harvest Moon.

Was Stardew Valley the game with a massive rift between its chibi artstyle and grimdark writing? (I could be thinking of a different, yet similar, game.)

Hugstable

Banned
It's a really great game. I beat Vanilla twice and it's still taken my friend and me ~20 hours to get back to the Shrine of Winter point. We are heading into the DLC areas now and I'm pretty pumped since I only played one of the three.

The Pursuer changes are amazing, he actually feels like he's Pursuing you this time. He shows up at the most random times

Wild Season would be the first Harvest Moon-a-like on PC, right?

Followed by whenever StarDelay Valley releases.

Wish we had something at the level of Rune Factory on PC.

There's one thing that made Japanese Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games stand out, the waifus.
By the looks of it, the heroine designs seem alright, but I think they should've hired a better artist.
This might be an interesting title nevertheless.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am still wondering will they do some kind of block on release day when you start game for the first time.

I think it's safe to say that if there were a runtime-level restriction then the keys wouldn't have worked for international users at all.

not all are region free, they tell you if they are or not on the side, i came across some games that were locked on nuuvem

The matter of GTA5 being region-locked is the context here. I was referring specifically to GTA5 keys with "Nuuvem's keys".

I think it's safe to say that if there were a runtime-level restriction then the keys wouldn't have worked for international users at all.

Yeah, but the game is probably using Securom, Denuvo, GFWL, Social club and whatever new evil DRM rockstar can come up with >_<

dex3108

Context. I was referring specifically to GTA5 keys with "Nuuvem's keys".

We live in a time where we can see web pages that are region locked (i am looking at you Gameinformer) so nothing is safe :D And i just want to get confirmation for people who are still on edge.

bluechox2

already played gta v, so ima wait for all the bugs to get fixed on pc and the price to drop a bit to buy it again..gta iv was a biotch and still is

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am just saying that R* could allow us to activate kay and download game but on release day do some shenanigans just because. :D

Sure, it's theoretically possible, but the finer details of region locking keys are something that would have been decided on months ago. That being said, I wouldn't be completely surprised to learn that BR keys are locked at the runtime level despite not being locked at the activation level seeing as GTAV's pre-load data on Social Club isn't encrypted. ;)

Salsa

KgFu0XN.png

fuck you zkylon YEAHHHHH

so, I hadnt figured this out but the game takes brazil and uruguay as same region. there's no region/gifting lock between those countries, and the game is $35 in Brazil (whereas its $50 here), and i'll pay $5 more for a Steam key (club social key for $30 on nuuvem) so:
38fx38f

now I just gotta kiss my 2gig 680

I love you guys. Maybe.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deep Dungeons Of Doom -- MB-CAD4838704D0E46E - Taken by Boss Doggie. 6 entrants total.
Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-7967DC395900A45E - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Motorama -- MB-CC3B7EC2D3468BB5 - Taken by Naked Snake. 5 entrants total.
The Old City: Leviathan -- MB-DF54D8FEBAF5E007 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 14 entrants total.
The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight -- MB-21D71EEAA445C461 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Last Knight: Rogue Rider Edition -- MB-7388D8C015652150 - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.
Down To One -- MB-7D74A60C51861312 - Taken by SSPssp. 4 entrants total.
BlazeRush -- MB-BD7A6DFDB1D9E1A7 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 3 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity: Deluxe Atonement Edition -- MB-74A622637D4A4C2A - Taken by titch. 3 entrants total.

t1428572149z1.png

Salsa

dude

the game is 59gigs to preload and needs an extra 60gigs for unpacking

even if I deleted everything on my 120gb I could not install the game

dex3108

KgFu0XN.png

fuck you zkylon YEAHHHHH

so, I hadnt figured this out but the game takes brazil and uruguay as same region. there's no region/gifting lock between those countries, and the game is $35 in Brazil (whereas its $50 here), and i'll pay $5 more for a Steam key (club social key for $30 on nuuvem) so:
38fx38f

now I just gotta kiss my 2gig 680

Well R* made GTA IV and main protagonist was from my geographical region so i suppose R* knows thing or two about situation here but they still decide to sell games at full price here XD That is why i need to go to Brazilian sloth :D

Arthea

had a good laugh at Sansa, thanks

My best sale of steam emoticon was neogaf emoticon and I'm not telling who bought it, but you all know this person (><)

edited: my motivational poster seemingly had no effect, unexpectedly

demented

Well R* made GTA IV and main protagonist was from my geographical region so i suppose R* knows thing or two about situation here but they still decide to sell games at full price here XD That is why i need to go to Brazilian sloth :D
Where are you from ro&#273;a&#269;e?

this could be fun - jetpack deathmatch with lasers and missile swarms in the desert, trailer is funny at times too

Which will be dead in 2 days ;)

I think there are a lot of cool MP games, but sadly 99% can not build up a proper community.

GTAV be damnded

greenlight is on fire

this game shows potential of greatness

this could be fun - jetpack deathmatch with lasers and missile swarms in the desert,
trailer is funny at times too

Damn, that one looks amazing and it's still in Alpha.

Are they saying its going to be a regular daily deal that lasts 48 hours or is there going to be a bigger steam sale? If so why not let it run through the weekend? Why limited?

It is strangely worded, it reads like steam is having a 48 hour sale and KOF will be 50% off during it.

I imagine it will just be a daily though as they always last 48 hours and Thursday-Friday would be a strange time for a steam sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom