• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deep Dungeons Of Doom -- MB-CAD4838704D0E46E - Taken by Boss Doggie. 6 entrants total.
Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-7967DC395900A45E - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Motorama -- MB-CC3B7EC2D3468BB5 - Taken by Naked Snake. 5 entrants total.
The Old City: Leviathan -- MB-DF54D8FEBAF5E007 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 14 entrants total.
The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight -- MB-21D71EEAA445C461 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Last Knight: Rogue Rider Edition -- MB-7388D8C015652150 - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.
Down To One -- MB-7D74A60C51861312 - Taken by SSPssp. 4 entrants total.
BlazeRush -- MB-BD7A6DFDB1D9E1A7 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 3 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity: Deluxe Atonement Edition -- MB-74A622637D4A4C2A - Taken by titch. 3 entrants total.

t1428572149z1.png

xBladeM6x

Is it even possible to get into that Rainbow Six Siege Closed Alpha, or is it just a ton of streamers on Twitch with invites? Lol

zkylon

zkylewd
KgFu0XN.png

fuck you zkylon YEAHHHHH

so, I hadnt figured this out but the game takes brazil and uruguay as same region. there's no region/gifting lock between those countries, and the game is $35 in Brazil (whereas its $50 here), and i'll pay $5 more for a Steam key (club social key for $30 on nuuvem) so:
38fx38f

now I just gotta kiss my 2gig 680

i mean it's your money to waste

dont go crying back to me when it's just as shit as the last one only a bit less shit and you could've bought it for much cheaper if you had patience like a non dumbo

edit: i mean, might actually be a good game and everything, it's just dumb to preorder stuff, specially rockstar stuff that usually goes super cheap later on. it's a year after release, there's very little hype for this game. and it's probably gonna be kinda bad since it's rockstar...

Zeknurn

Someone on the great Steam forums said that PCGamer is doing a KF2 beta key giveaway at 1400GMT+1. First come, first serve.

Is it even possible to get into that Rainbow Six Siege Closed Alpha, or is it just a ton of streamers on Twitch with invites? Lol

I signed up for the alpha and got in, but I wouldn't worry, you're not missing much.

Has anyone played The Old City? Looks like an interesting walking sim.

I've been meaning to pick it up and see. There's been some mixed reports about it being more verbose and obtusely flowery with its language than even Dear Esther, but it's hard to tell if this is coming from people who were able to enjoy DE or not which will probably color their opinion pretty heavily.

I posted some thoughts on the game after playing it. I didn't enjoy the psychobabble at all but I think the game is worth playing now that it's bundled. For what it's worth, I didn't like Dear Esther either but I do enjoy the 'walking simulator' genre of games. I linked a video at the bottom of that post which should let you sample the writing.

It's a gorgeous game though. Absolutely wonderful artwork.

Dr Dogg

With the year barely 3 months old , 2 kickstarter projects backed, 1 belatedly bought into via Early Access and the grand daddy out and delivered. Granted Torement is in no way making a 2015 release date but this year seems to be shaping up nicely. Pah! Who needs AAA?
Well I do until someone crowdfunds an AssCreed, Dead Space or Mass Effect clone

milena87

Who needs AAA?

**raises hand**

I need The Witcher 3, Deux Ex MD and Just Cause 3 in my life!
Well, the AC games as well, but I can wait for a sale on those :p

However, I do agree that I'm having a lot of fun with indie / non-AAA games lately. And there are so many more I'd like to play (like Darkest Dungeon and Hand of Fate), but the available time is what it is :/

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm decided to play a bit of pls don't touch anything before going to bed

kind of interesting game, you click on stuff and stuff happens and you get an ending. kind of like mcpixel crossed with papers please or something like that.

second thing i tried crashed the game in which i guess is like a "scripted" crash which is pretty bizarre
sorry

gonna try some more later, feel like i'm gonna have to pull out the notepad for this one

Arthea

Have you guys thought how amazing 2015 is for steam?
We have Trails SC, PoE, Witcher 3, Stardew Valley, Wild Season, Skylines, WotS4, DoA and Nep Nep all the same year, even Higurashi! Not to mention that Lightning will return at some point soon, for better or worse. and even more, MK, Dragonball Xeno, new Dungeon Keeper, well not in name, but still. It's almost overwhelming!
ya, I omitted GTA, kiwiBatman and MGS on purpose, sue me (><)

hmm decided to play a bit of pls don't touch anything before going to bed

kind of interesting game, you click on stuff and stuff happens and you get an ending. kind of like mcpixel crossed with papers please or something like that.

gonna try some more later, feel like i'm gonna have to pull out the notepad for this one

hey! no spoilers! I plan to play it

Maniac

Banned
**raises hand**

I need The Witcher 3, Deux Ex MD and Just Cause 3 in my life!
Well, the AC games as well, but I can wait for a sale on those :p

However, I do agree that I'm having a lot of fun with indie / non-AAA games lately. And there are so many more I'd like to play (like Darkest Dungeon and Hand of Fate), but the available time is what it is :/

TW3 isn't AAA, it's indie ;)
With the year barely 3 months old , 2 kickstarter projects backed, 1 belatedly bought into via Early Access and the grand daddy out and delivered. Granted Torement is in no way making a 2015 release date but this year seems to be shaping up nicely. Pah! Who needs AAA?

Dead Space is dead, Mass Effect is in the gutter and AssCreed... Well, the same goes for Ass Crud, it's in the gutter, drunk and confused and worse than ever before.
Your three options are:
- 1Password: Expensive as heck yo
- LastPass: Free except for mobile, subscription $1/month
- KeePass: Free, but I personally don't like what mobile options are like

Which would you say is the better option? I take it you use LastPass? How're the features compared to KeePass?
Keepass2android has gotten some pretty good updates as of late. Definitely worth checking out for the price of free ninety-nine.

Is it good enough that you, the bus of early mornings, use it? :p

I need me some feedback yo

Kickstarter has had something for us all, which is great.

I love beautiful RPGs with good melee combat, especially in first-person. I haven't got a new one of those in years... But now Kingdom Come is shaping up nicely ;'D

Accoun

second thing i tried crashed the game in which i guess is like a "scripted" crash which is pretty bizarre
sorry
Scripted crash
? Reminds me of
the achievement for crashing the game
in Dungeons Of Dredmor. Or the
fake Windows error
which was in one of the I Wanna Be The Guy games (I think. I remember watching a run during one of the Games Done Quick events - never played any of them myself). Kinda cool in games that don't take themselves too seriously.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

There was a thread awhile back that basically devolved into what the term AAA meant. My conclusion was that it's one of those charged industry buzzwords that's effectively meaningless in any objective sense. And the Witcher 3 is in that pre-release hype phase in which it's all things to all people. An indie open world title. An epic AAA cinematic tale.

Which would you say is the better option? I take it you use LastPass? How're the features compared to KeePass?

I believe Stump uses 1Pass because he got a lifetime subscription through an old job or something.

Personally, I use LastPass because it's free and I don't have any need for mobile capabilities. Which could bite me in the ass some day come to think of it. I'd recommend giving it a spin, because did I mention it's free? And easy enough to install on either Firefox or Chrome.

Arthea

by this point only meaning of AAA term is advertising budget, if it's huge, it's AAA. So term isn't entirely useless, but close.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I think that the indie = a game developed without publisher backing definition doesn't apply in cases where the marketing budget is $10m more expensive than the development budget and is being split between two publishers. ;) It's entirely possible that if CDPR had to handle marketing itself then TW3 wouldn't quite be the game that it is.

_hekk05

Banned
Posted in the ESA vs EFF thread, asking people to stop feels > reals and read the legal aruguments and comments made by the ESA on proposed exemptions. Obviously it gets ignored, people going fuck the police and you can't stop me.

This is why these proposals will continue to fail. They're written too wide and present too many opportunities for misuse unless worded properly, and all the EFF is doing is demamgoguery.

Unless you present a good case for an exemption, publishers are always going to win in the courts. You can't make a good legal argument if your proposed exemptions can be exploited for actual misuse.

I also can't tell if lashman is just trying to shed more light on the issue or just posting blog-esque stuff and watching the world burn.

Tomb Raider is complete shit in most ways, only the diaries made the game go from shit to mediocre.

No, Tomb Raider was a good game, it just was not a very good Tomb Raider at all, it lacked most of what made the Tomb Raider franchise what it is, but it was a very good game nontheless.

Arthea

why do you hate me so much? ; _ ;

she's talking not about you, but about iashman
also you ask for it (><)

Tomb Raider is complete shit in most ways, only the diaries made the game go from shit to mediocre.

I wish to the depths of my soul for hate-adoration and nothing in between gaming attitude go away, it helps nobody, it's not even hyperbole at this point, it just extremely annoying.

really, can we at least stop doing it in steam thread, pretty please?

fantomena

No, Tomb Raider was a good game, it just was not a very good Tomb Raider at all, it lacked most of what made the Tomb Raider franchise what it is, but it was a very good game nontheless.

I disagree, I found the game to be boring, repetive and shit and i was happy when the credits rolled.

_hekk05

Banned
you do understand that I call everybody she from time to time, for the heck of it, just checking.
It happened after our little discussion who is who in the steam thread. I decided to call everybody she on Mondays, but then I tend to forget when is Monday (><)

Noo my zkylewd status is gone

Dr Dogg

Deus as in 'day-us' not deuce like in tennis or that stupid Keighley Dews Ex shop that is more laughable because of rhyming error than the intent.

First of all, no, second of all, that's a flimsy proof.
you mean the site being in portuguese? They say of presenting new stuff at the Brazilian Campus Party this year. Besides that, the default of the site is portuguese, and english is just automatically translated with google translate.

Oh, and the Contact page shows a brazilian adress too :)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
you mean the site being in portuguese? They say of presenting new stuff at the Brazilian Campus Party this year. Besides that, the default of the site is portuguese, and english is just automatically translated with google translate.

circumstantial evidence ... this proves NOTHING!!
;)

Accoun

I think he understood it as the developers being from BrazilGAF?
Because when I read it for the first time, I actually did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom