• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Look if you want a good Uncharted clone, from a gameplay perspective, Tomb Raider 2013 fits that role.

I don't remember MUCH from its story, but I thought it was 'eh whatever man' from what little I do remember.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
We're all female here.
tumblr_m4v4faABwS1qbw7q9o1_r1_250.gif

More to the point, where the fuck is Bad Rats 2?

They'd get quite a few pre-orders for that game from this thread alone. That would probably cover the dev costs in it's entirety.

Or they could just do a Kickstarter and end up getting more money than Obsidian did.

So many possibilities...

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I wish to the depths of my soul for hate-adoration and nothing in between gaming attitude go away, it helps nobody, it's not even hyperbole at this point, it just extremely annoying.

really, can we at least stop doing it in steam thread, pretty please?

I'm with you there, no nuance at all.

And people should really stop stating there opinion as if it's a fact. That stuff annoys me to :/

For what it's worth, I had a great time with the new Tomb Raider and even played it from start to finish, which doesn't happen often these days. The only thing that annoyed me a bit where the "open field semi stealth" parts.

DocSeuss

Baaaah, I don't want to play Gone Home, but one of my Patreon supporters has requested itttttt.

Tomb Raider is complete shit in most ways, only the diaries made the game go from shit to mediocre.

So is having really terrible opinions a new thing for you, or have you been doing it for a while?

Wow, and it's not a mod that they're charging for, too.

For what it's worth, I had a great time with the new Tomb Raider and even played it from start to finish, which doesn't happen often these days. The only thing that annoyed me a bit where the "open field semi stealth" parts.

I enjoyed the Tomb Raider reboot a lot as well. It didn't click with me until later, but I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did by the end.

Just to let everyone know about the StarDew Valley situation:

Wild Season would be the first Harvest Moon-a-like on PC, right?

Followed by whenever StarDelay Valley releases.

Wish we had something at the level of Rune Factory on PC.

I played Wild Season demo/alpha/whateveritwas and I disliked it, the controls felt strange and I wasn't care about the npc's.

omg, just discovered on the BrazilGAF thread that Bad Rats was created by brazilian devs.
mind-blown-2.gif

Wow.

Tizoc

Ys Origin's good but so far the one track remix I dislike is Dreaming, the Origin ver. just doesn't hold up to Yukihiro Jindo's rendition.
Non the less it is now tied with Seven as my 2nd fav. Ys game.

Once I'm done with Yunica, gonna try the next character.

These 2 First tbh.

I would be OK with them being first too.

didamangi

Triple A releases on steam used to be S$60. Now they're S$75 (similar to physical).

The dreaded equalisation has begun. RIP steam.

jlxoyw.PNG

You can always ask your fellow SEA region friends to get you games on steam since any SEA countries except SG have a fairly lower prices ;)

Arthea

Meanwhile another rumor regarding Uncharted Trilogy Remastered appeared.
Hell, those PS4 players should really buy a PS3 if all they want is the entire PS3 catalogue.

what are you even talking about? We live in age of remasters, reboots and reimaginings, also clones to the lesser extent. That's like 90% of announcements these times.
OK, maybe not 90%, but making new games is hard and risky (><)

Tizoc

Meanwhile another rumor regarding Uncharted Trilogy Remastered appeared.
Hell, those PS4 players should really buy a PS3 if all they want is the entire PS3 catalogue.

Jigga, Konami could announce MGS HD Collection re-mastered for PS4 and you'll buy it day 1.

ubhfrk.PNG

Se7enSword I almost blocked you lol

lol

In the end you didn't! :)
Ys Origin's good but so far the one track remix I dislike is Dreaming, the Origin ver. just doesn't hold up to Yukihiro Jindo's rendition.
Non the less it is now tied with Seven as my 2nd fav. Ys game.

Once I'm done with Yunica, gonna try the next character.

I would be OK with them being first too.
Hugo's gameplay isn't much fun, but the 3rd character is loads of fun.

Dr Dogg

You know when we used to complain that games were becoming so homogenised that companies were effectively making the same games over and over again. Well now there are making exactly the same games over and over again.

I don't have a problem with PS3 remasters. Consoles are a closed platform so the only way to ever play Uncharted at 60 FPS won't be on its original system. If you aren't interested it's easy to ignore them and most of the time third party studios take care of them and when it's not(a la Tomb Raider) the team is testing out things they plan on using in the next game.

I'd much rather be playing the Last of Us on the PS4 and 50-60 FPS than at 20-25(30) on the PS3.

Arthea

You know when we used to complain that games were becoming so homogenised that companies were making the same games over and over again. Well now there are making exactly the same games over and over again.

yeah and as I keep repeating that can't end well
except very similar situation is in movie industry and even literature.
humanity is doomed and all that morbid stuff
... or we all need to catch amnesia, alternatively

Tenrius

So they STILL haven't fixed controller support in Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty? They keep saying that the only controller they officially support is the wired official 360 one, no wireless or third-party, and yet the store page says "full controller support". Here's what their rep had to say.

I'm actually not sure what "full controller support" supposed to mean, but I usually expect games with this feature to be plug and play, which is not the case here (my Logitech F710 didn't work properly with it at launch, I'm downloading the game now to try again, but I understand that it still won't).

_hekk05

Banned
That one rules mostly because of how rambling it is. We need to make one with a giant Absalom, Absalom!-style sentence that covers the general ins and outs of Steam life.

Let me check my pictures folder for characters looking off into the distance. Anyone wanna work on the text?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom