• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
You know it's one thing to make a thread on GAF from a selection of tweets but it's another from the media who do the same thing as an article pretty much published verbatim with nothing of their own to ad or investigate. Maybe the effort to talk to a few contacts or rustle some feathers before posting that 'news' was just too great for VideoGamer.

Rolling Stone did the whole UVA rape scandal thing without even verifying if the frat party even took place the day 'Jackie' said it did. hint: it didn't

Not much 'real' journalism going around these days, let alone gaming.

Just to make sure I'm correct, For someone living in the US, if you want the steam version of GTA V, the best, cheapest way at the moment is just ordering it off steam at full price?

Dsyndrome

New Lucasarts game on GOG, Afterlife. Never got far in the game, kind of cool managing Heaven and Hell though.

GOG Link

I'll be getting this and inevitably get it again when it's on STEAM for the cards during a sale.

Maniac

Banned
Baaaah, I don't want to play Gone Home, but one of my Patreon supporters has requested itttttt.

So is having really terrible opinions a new thing for you, or have you been doing it for a while?

He's been doing it for a long time.

I nearly put him on ignore for one such terrible opinion. :p
You see it as terrible, other people might see as normal.

Nah it's as terrible as your other terrible opinions.

It's not your fault though, you're just... Norwegian.

Just be happy you're not Swedish or Finnish though.
Kojima has too much class to not go out on top. Can't wait for PP. If it is indeed his last game than it will blow everyones mind like 100x over.

Phantom Pain gonna be game of the generation no doubt.

PP is... Gonna be... Perhaps... Top 10 of the generation. But with the amazing things we're getting this year (and got last year) it's... A very, very risky prediction, man. :p

Dr Dogg

PP is... Gonna be... Perhaps... Top 10 of the generation. But with the amazing things we're getting this year (and got last year) it's... A very, very risky prediction, man. :p

Let's just put it this way. MGS4 won GAF GOTY not once but twice, MGS4! If V doesn't deliver in spades I'll be shocked.

Let's just put it this way. MGS4 won GAF GOTY not once but twice, MGS4! If V doesn't deliver in spades I'll be shocked.

wait, how did it win twice? Was it because some people hadn't finished watching the game before the first vote ended or something?

I remember really liking my watching of that game. It sometimes did a weird thing where you would game in it but I think that was just because my old PS3 was on its last legs.

Uhu, Konami is really not smart at all. I mean, if they wanted fire Kojima, they could wait at least MGSV to be out, since a lot of people cancelled their pre-order and generally there's a shitstorm on Konami right now.

people are going to buy MGSV regardless of this mess. The feeling is that they wanted Kojima out as an executive ASAP and that if they didn't do it this year they would have to wait till april of next year to do so, which if what is rumored about PP is true (that it's been content complete for some time and is just now going through its testing and polishing phase) then you might have Kojima sitting around for over a year in an executive position not doing much of anything.

fantomena

He's been doing it for a long time.

I nearly put him on ignore for one such terrible opinion. :p

Nah it's as terrible as your other terrible opinions.

It's not your fault though, you're just... Norwegian.

Just be happy you're not Swedish or Finnish though.

How cool. Disagree with others opinions and you call those opinions terrible. You must be such a democratic person.

I neither see how you can define what's a terrible opinion and a good opinion.

MGS 4....GAF GOTY...twice.....I can't...
jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png

_hekk05

Banned
people are going to buy MGSV regardless of this mess. The feeling is that they wanted Kojima out as an executive ASAP and that if they didn't do it this year they would have to wait till april of next year to do so, which if what is rumored about PP is true (that it's been content complete for some time and is just now going through it's testing and polishing faze) then you might have Kojima sitting around for over a year in an executive position not doing much of anything.

Pre-orders being cancelled en-masse is probably making some folks upstairs sweat a bit. Though I suppose the threat of a boycott would be more real if folks aren't buying a game that's already out, rather than a game that's coming.

Alternatively, maybe they think they can do this early and just wait for people to forget. Kinda like american politics.

Also we got some sort of Euro fight here. Time to grab my popcorn.

Those pics are outdated.
These days you wait for the remaster, not the goty edition.
Bloodborne remaster on PS5 running at a beautiful 60fps, you heard it here first.

Salsa

i mean it's your money to waste

dont go crying back to me when it's just as shit as the last one only a bit less shit and you could've bought it for much cheaper if you had patience like a non dumbo

edit: i mean, might actually be a good game and everything, it's just dumb to preorder stuff, specially rockstar stuff that usually goes super cheap later on. it's a year after release, there's very little hype for this game. and it's probably gonna be kinda bad since it's rockstar...

it won't hit the money im paying now till at least +6 months from now, if im being generous

im alright with that

I definetly wouldnt have gotten it at $50, tho. $15 is enough of a difference

Lomax

soo ... ummm .... LEGO Skylanders Infinity Amiibo Dimensions then ....

In a way I'm happy there's no PC version, because this would have ended up costing me a fortune.

Pre-orders being cancelled en-masse is probably making some folks upstairs sweat a bit. Though I suppose the threat of a boycott would be more real if folks aren't buying a game that's already out, rather than a game that's coming.

Alternatively, maybe they think they can do this early and just wait for people to forget. Kinda like american politics.

Also we got some sort of Euro fight here. Time to grab my popcorn.

It's exceedingly unlikely pre-orders are being cancelled en masse. Sure, if that's happening I'm sure they'd be concerned, but I'd be completely shocked if it is. The tiny portion of the market that Gaf represents is not emblematic of the masses in any stretch of the term. And think back to things like Left 4 Dead 2, where that group of "boycott this game" was full of day one players. Internet bluster does not represent actual market behavior.

_hekk05

Banned
It's exceedingly unlikely pre-orders are being cancelled en masse. Sure, if that's happening I'm sure they'd be concerned, but I'd be completely shocked if it is. The tiny portion of the market that Gaf represents is not emblematic of the masses in any stretch of the term. And think back to things like Left 4 Dead 2, where that group of "boycott this game" was full of day one players. Internet bluster does not represent actual market behavior.

You're talking as if gaf is the only group of people who talk about industry happenings.

yuraya

The best thing about MGSV is how much time they've had to make it. Not counting peacewalker they been working on it for nearly 7 years. AAA games don't get that type of treatment anymore. Most get rushed out and/or butchered by deadlines etc. I know they did a new engine and all that but 7 years is a lot for the mastermind that is Kojima. He always has some crazy stuff up his sleeve. I am most looking forward the boss fights. Especially since the game is open world. Hype!!!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think that was a CoD MW2 Steam group :p

New Lucasarts game on GOG, Afterlife. Never got far in the game, kind of cool managing Heaven and Hell though.

GOG Link

I'll be getting this and inevitably get it again when it's on STEAM for the cards during a sale.

Thats not all that great. Interesting concept for a game but the UI was ugly and didn't provide the information you needed to run heaven and hell.

Lomax

You're talking as if gaf is the only group of people who talk about industry happenings.

No, but Gaf is representative of every internet group that basically always represents the extreme, not the norm. It was discussed here when the whole news first happened that the average person probably doesn't even know who Kojima is (hell I barely do), much less are going to cancel a purchase because of this change. Now the average person may not have made a pre-order of MGSV yet (one would hope not anyway), but that's a different point. I'm not saying it's impossible, I have no idea. History just tells us over and over again that it's very unlikely.

I think that was a CoD MW2 Steam group :p

Both, actually :) which just reinforces the point.

Tizoc

people are going to buy MGSV regardless of this mess. The feeling is that they wanted Kojima out as an executive ASAP and that if they didn't do it this year they would have to wait till april of next year to do so, which if what is rumored about PP is true (that it's been content complete for some time and is just now going through it's testing and polishing faze) then you might have Kojima sitting around for over a year in an executive position not doing much of anything.

To add; for the all shit we give EA and Ubisoft because of their tactics and management what have you, we still buy their games.

Dr Dogg

While I like MGS4, I do feel it's the stepchild of the series. The locations short of the easter egg filed Shadow Mosses just don't feel up to par with what the other 3 mainline games offered. Chapter 3 during a repeat playthrough is something I never look forward to.

Jawmuncher

I liked MGSIV, but:

-you must played all Metal Gear games to fully appreciate it
-the game is full of issues

I can't think of a random dude, never played a MGS game, starting with 4 and loving it. It would be like watching last then minutes of Interstellar, maybe you can like some artistic things, but than you will as yourself: "What is this stuff".

You calling me a random dude?

rtcn63

MGS4 completely falls apart in the second half, where you're ferried from set piece to boss battle with seemingly hours of redundant (narrative-wise) cut-scenes consuming your time in-between.

And it was too easy. Since weapons you picked up were automatically sold, you could at any point hit up the shop, buy rockets and shit, and fuck up anything in your path. Money was plentiful.

yuraya

I always wonder if perhaps I played a different game.

I mean ..what other game to this date lets you roll around on the ground and throw grenades at people off your back. And that being after a grenade explosion knocked you to the ground to begin with :p

Its those little things that made guns of the patriots great and so ahead of its time. The best stealth action game of last gen imo. Haters gonna hate.

Kuroyume

Banned
MGS 4 came with a free interactive encyclopedia if you couldn't follow it. It's not ideal but what do you expect for a sequel following more than one game?

_hekk05

Banned
No, but Gaf is representative of every internet group that basically always represents the extreme, not the norm. It was discussed here when the whole news first happened that the average person probably doesn't even know who Kojima is (hell I barely do), much less are going to cancel a purchase because of this change. Now the average person may not have made a pre-order of MGSV yet (one would hope not anyway), but that's a different point. I'm not saying it's impossible, I have no idea. History just tells us over and over again that it's very unlikely.

That's some serious superiority complex. Gaf isn't the only place where gamers go to check on news. There are numerous other forums, numerous IRCs, numerous youtubers, all of whom talk about these things.

I also take it you aren't a channer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom