• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I just learned about the drama from last year when Valve pulled Paranautical Activity from Steam after company head (what a douche) tweeted death threats to Gaben... But I see the Deluxe Atonement Edition on Steam now, so I'm wondering how did they make up in the end?

The developers sold the rights to another party, who published the game.

derExperte

From what I understand (from a post on CAG a couple days ago), this bundle has 5 games that haven't been bundled before, and it's being overseen directly by Carlmundo (the guy who runs WGN), not the group that did the previous bundle.

The games are listed right in the Reddit thread because an image leaked.

Supreme League Of Patriots, Fortunes Tavern, Voice Of Pripyat, The Defenders: Second Wave, Monument Builders

Anyone here who played Xenoblade via dolphin picking up the 3DS version? Want to support the game again, especially now that it's not being given a gamestop exclusive release in the US but it's going to be hard to face that kind of graphical difference. Still, the downscale actually makes the environments look kind of cute based on the screens.

And lol at vent simulator being a better stealth game than MGS 4. Cutscenes aside the Metal Gear series, and especially 3/4, is unparalleled in the freedom it gives you in the stealth encounters. Which combined with the extremely intricate mechanics really sets the series aside. If you skip every cutscene in MGS4 you still have just as much gameplay as 1 and 2.

derExperte

http://www.funstockdigital.co.uk/

Is this site legit? They have a pretty good price on Dark Souls 2: Scholar of The First Sin

Yes.

Germans can check this site for an even better deal: http://www.gamesrocket.de/download/Dark-Souls-II-Scholar-of-the-First-Sin.html

will wait for 10 bucks

I'll get the game eventually but I've had run-ins with one of the CEOs on a German forum and imo he ain't the kind of person who I want to support financially (to put it very mildly and avoid expletives). So ModBot or HB $1 with 0% going to the dev.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pff.

I was being sarcastic anyway but... Marketing budget... $10m... More expensive than the budget?

What was their budget, $2000? õ.õ'

(I've literally seen no ads for it as of yet ;_;)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586441, although that $15m development budget figure would be slightly higher now due to the delays

But it is a vastly different situation than the "usual" situation of having a publisher fund everything, with the marketing deals in place with MS and... Who is it, Namco? Both parties get something. CDPR gets marketing, Namco & MS gets, I assume, a slice of the pie. Namco is also in charge of the physical distribution, right?

I presume the console marketing deal would have been made between Scamco and MS. Scamco is handling marketing and distribution in Europe while WB is doing the same in the Americas, IIRC.

M.D

Yes.

Germans can check this site for an even better deal: http://www.gamesrocket.de/download/Dark-Souls-II-Scholar-of-the-First-Sin.html

I'll get the game eventually but I've had run-ins with one of the CEOs on a German forum and imo he ain't a nice person (to put it very mildly and avoid expletives) who I want to support financially. So ModBot or HB $1 with 0% going to the dev.

Damn, they had a 20% code a couple of days ago :(
Is the German region locked? are they selling an international version or a German version?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
No joke, Supreme League of Patriots sounds like a group that banned posters from the South Carolina police shooting thread belong to.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Spoiler Alert -- MB-8446CDB7A416A6B5 - Taken by Purkake4
Eron -- MB-4BA48698F43F019C - Taken by provista
Rooks Keep -- MB-798C0519ADD1C4F6 - Taken by swx
Terra Incognita -- MB-104351B2179491D6 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Platypus -- MB-73F9CC985AF841F6 - Taken by fantomena
Train Town -- MB-F8CBC7EBA91308E6 - Taken by madjoki
Probably Archery -- MB-666293BABF2570FF - Taken by Eila
Millennium 2: Take Me Higher -- MB-3F4B440859E57848 - Taken by topyy
Trainz Trouble -- MB-3953671E722D20DA - Taken by Knurek

Turfster

Daily King of Fighters franchise 50% off
Weekend
  • Plague Inc Evolved 33% off
  • Mortal Kombat Komplete 75% off
  • Injustice 75% off

derExperte

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bund...tm_medium=social&utm_campaign=bundle+factions

Guns of Icarus Online
Pool Nation
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages
The Ship: Murder Party
Eador: Masters of the Broken World
Orbital Gear
Murder Miners
Dino D-Day
Super Toy Cars

New Daedalic adventure released today:

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/325520

Anteater

Finished Never Alone, it's kind of meh, didn't find the platforming that fun to do since there are a lot of collision problems and switching character/moving them is kind of a chore especially when they kind of have AIs that would move them slightly when you are not controlling them, the flying kid would get stuck because he floats into some stupid place and I have to get him out sometimes.

Not really much freedom to the puzzles. Pretty simplistic game but it's short enough.

Turfster

Luminosity keys are now available via Desura for Groupees Be Mine 12

Ghost Encounter Deadwood keys are now available for Groupees BAGB 11

Tower of Eglathia keys are now avialable via Shiny Loot for Groupees Shiny Loot 3

DAT KOF TRIPLE PACK!
SOMEONE MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT!

it's not $10, dont fall for it like myself and many others did. It's +$17.

also, who decided to have the guns in Tower of Guns have little to no feedback whatsoever? It's a whole game about guns, you can't fuck up the guns when that's what the whole game is about

You're the only cool one here, Veg.
Haha. nah.

With all the Deus Ex reveal and the easter thingy many posts have sadly been gone overlooked.
You are a pretty liked poster here and I personally learned about many great games only by your impression posts and let's plays.
I ma sure many others are in the same boat.

JaseC

Looks like Ubi finally got around to adding AssCreed Chronicles: China to Unity's Season Pass-related subs.

Jawmuncher

I never did play Black Ops 2 campaign. Probably never will until I can get it cheap. Wish the WiiUversion crashed in price.

Grief.exe

Anyone here who played Xenoblade via dolphin picking up the 3DS version? Want to support the game again, especially now that it's not being given a gamestop exclusive release in the US but it's going to be hard to face that kind of graphical difference. Still, the downscale actually makes the environments look kind of cute based on the screens.

I'm too busy with PC games currently, and April is looking to be just as packed as March. I think I will wait for now.

I have a long flight at the end of June which I will tap Xenoblade for.

zkylon

zkylewd
Scripted crash
? Reminds me of
the achievement for crashing the game
in Dungeons Of Dredmor. Or the
fake Windows error
which was in one of the I Wanna Be The Guy games (I think. I remember watching a run during one of the Games Done Quick events - never played any of them myself). Kinda cool in games that don't take themselves too seriously.
not sure if it doesn't take itself seriously, tho it is kind of a silly game

just a nice "fucking with you" moment

Yay I'm a she now. Finally reached zkylewd tier forum status.

wth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom