• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
8rzbbuD.png

I just tried out Crysis Wars for the first time ever... and it didn't work -_-
GameSpy servers were apparently handling this game as well.

But thank God I found a super easy Guide on how to Patch the game to regain Online capabilites!

Here is the Steam Guide: How to: Crysis Wars Multiplayer Mod

It is super easy. You only need to install two files (450MB in total) and bam, online works again without the need of a GameSpy-ID.

Sadly there are only very few servers alive and even less palyers. I started a map alone and got lucky. Four others joined slowly. I got demolished pretty bad though, haha. My K/D was >50 death to 3 kills.

It was a lot of fun though! So much fun really.

We didn't have a GafGameNight in the last months and I think Crysis Wars could be pretty neat.

What you think people?

Oh here the best moment I had in the game. I shot an enemy VTOL out of the air with a tank!

ExoSoul

Banned
Playing FTL:
Got the crystal stasis pod quest; got the slug ship quest

"I'll just go this way now" - Dead end
3 federations cruiser fights only to die at the exit

T_T

L.O.R.D

hmm , black ops 3 ?
i bought BO2 , played zombie foe 3-4 matches and i like it
next day i found my self banned from multiplayer

to this day i don't know why

after that i uninstalled the game and never played the single player game...is it fun ?
what about BO1 ?

hmm , black ops 3 ?
i bought BO2 , played zombie foe 3-4 matches and i like it
next day i found my self banned from multiplayer

to this day i don't know why

after that i uninstalled the game and never played the single player game...is it fun ?
what about BO1 ?

BLOPS series actually starts with World at War, so you might need to go back a bit more.

Blops1 is considered one of the best COD campaigns and Blops2 does some interesting things with branching paths but isn't as good as the first.

Dr Dogg

After AW and it's bullshit hybrid servers Treyarch should show peeps how it's done.

I have a long flight at the end of June which I will tap Xenoblade for.

Where the fuck are you flying to? The moon? Even a 13 hour flight will barely make a dent. Still in Colony 9 and the aliasing is rough, draw distance is there but the resolution does take away from the games vista a bit. Still the major benefit is you have one, if not the best JRPG in your pocket.

Grief.exe

Where the fuck are you flying to? The moon? Even a 13 hour flight will barely make a dent. Still in Colony 9 and the aliasing is rough, draw distance is there but the resolution does take away from the games vista a bit. Still the major benefit is you have one, if not the best JRPG in your pocket.

Hawaii.

Super long flight, long wait times at the terminal, perfect opportunity to make that dent in a 3DS game when I can't be playing Killing Floor.

Turfster

Humble Tabletops bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Small World 2
  • Magnifico
  • Talisman Digital Edition + Frostmarch
TIER 2: 7$
  • Catan
  • Ticket to Ride Complete
  • 100% Orange Juice + Syura & Nanako
TIER 3: 32$
  • Humble Tabletop Box

Arthea

Anybody knows, was Catan ever fixed? I never bought it because people had constant crashes, but maybe it was fixed already?

Lomax

Isn't this a repeat bundle?

Not at all, Small World has never been bundled and neither has the complete Ticket to Ride or Catan. And Ticket to Ride for some odd reason never seems to go on sale any more. It's a hell of a bundle at the $7 level honestly (assuming those type of board games in digital format appeal to you), though it's a shame it's a static price. I'll probably end up buying copies both for myself and my girlfriend.

Sell me on Talisman GAF.

I really enjoy it as a single player board game experience where it's basically you against the board. Never tried the multiplayer but apparently it has a long time following as a board game.

fantomena

Yay!

The New 3DS XL has been sendt to me.

Ive so far only had the original first 3DS model, so it will be nice to have one with bigger screen.

Sad thing is I have Xenoblade already in the house staring at me.

MUnited83

For you.
That's actually a pretty nice bundle. Suck that it's fixed tier instead of BTA though. I'm interested in Catan and the complete pack of Ticket to Ride but 7$ is too much.

Arthea

It pains me to say this after being a fan of series for so long, but thanks to uplay problems with previous game, I'm not buying this one, not only on release but most likely never.
Well... never say never, but for a long time for sure.
This will be first HoMM game I'm not buying btw

That's actually a pretty nice bundle. Suck that it's fixed tier instead of BTA though. I'm interested in Catan and the complete pack of Ticket to Ride but 7$ is too much.

yeah, fixed tier sucks... not tier itself, but why they had to set price so high?

Tizoc

Not at all, Small World has never been bundled and neither has the complete Ticket to Ride or Catan. And Ticket to Ride for some odd reason never seems to go on sale any more. It's a hell of a bundle at the $7 level honestly (assuming those type of board games in digital format appeal to you), though it's a shame it's a static price. I'll probably end up buying copies both for myself and my girlfriend.

I really enjoy it as a single player board game experience where it's basically you against the board. Never tried the multiplayer but apparently it has a long time following as a board game.

Don't you get DRM-free downloadables in this case?

Arthea

It's weird that steamgaf being large as it is and with varied tastes is so not into board games, why I even ask anything board games related?
so how about that Catan, anybody?

Shadownet

Banned

thanks for telling me. pulled the trigger. i was waiting like an idiot wondering why the BTA isn't changing at all :p
It's weird that steamgaf being large as it is and with varied tastes is so not into board games, why I even ask anything board games related?

i love board games and Catan is my favorite of all time. I'm with you.

louiedog

I'm sure they are, but there's a much larger contingent of people who want to complain about every single bundle that ever gets listed. Don't try to take that joy away from them.

Only board game I'd be interested in playing with steamgaf would be Twister since we all are females.

Accoun

Sell me on Talisman GAF.

If you have too much time, then dunno. TotalBiscuit and the rest of Co-Optional Podcast played a single game for over 6 hours (although in 3 sessions around 2 hours each) and still haven't finished before dropping it in the end.
Also, he says it's shit but it could be kinda Interesting with friends for its shitness (like those z-tier movies) if not for the length.

BTW: Didn't someone here wanted Catan long ago?

I'd like to know if the Catan game in the Humble Weekly supports online play. The reviews suggest that it doesn't but it might have been patched.

Failing that, SteamGAF should play Catan in Tabletop Simulator. There's a mod for that, right?

Humble Tabletops bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Small World 2
  • Magnifico
  • Talisman Digital Edition + Frostmarch
TIER 2: 7$
  • Catan
  • Ticket to Ride Complete
  • 100% Orange Juice + Syura & Nanako
TIER 3: 32$
  • Humble Tabletop Box

Great bundle. Small World 2 and Ticket to Ride were previously in PC & Android bundles (though this bundle doesn't include the Android versions), but the former only included the KS bonus content and the latter only included the 1910 and Europe DLC. So it's nice to have complete bundles of each this time. It's also worth noting that the DLC for those two are cross-buy, so once you connect your Steam account to your Days of Wonder account, you can access the DLC on any other (Android, PC DRM-Free) version of SW2 and TTR.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Board games are fun but are a little more niche than videogames, so it doesn't surprise me that they're not often talked about in here. It's hard to share screenshots or videos of something cool that happened in one!

I'd love for a video game assisted version of, say, Fiasco. Which isn't a board game and more of an assisted roleplay/generate-a-movie-script system, but I have never had as much fun with a meatspace game as I did the time my group and I played that.

tmarg

The base game of Catan is pretty fun. The expansions make the game last too long, and by the end there is always someone trying to lose intentionally, which ruins it. I've never played the digital versions though.

Arthea

YOLO, pulled the trigger, I'll be mad as iashman if Catan is still unplayable (><)

The base game of Catan is pretty fun. The expansions make the game last too long, and by the end there is always someone trying to lose intentionally, which ruins it. I've never played the digital versions though.

I actually wanted to know if devs fixed it, but thanks anyway

Only board game I'd be interested in playing with steamgaf would be Twister since we all are females.

oh you.jpg

Arthea

I did it again... I had Small world 2, but accidentally redeemed it again. I wonder why steam keeps letting me do that and why I keep doing that (._.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom