• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

Well fellow SteamGAFfers, I finally got my own desktop PC thingy (alienware alpha). This'll be my first computer that can run at resolutions above 768p, I don't think my body will be able to handle this new future.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-DA954AEA8362559A - Taken by morningbus
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-90E1578C29106A1C - Taken by Anteater
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-C78C57AB2CDA9231 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Skyrim -- MB-A55E21A25F29CC09 - Taken by Kirosia

Got Two Brothers off this. I already own it, so here it is as a free for all: C8E8D-54HC9-DZ09I

Kirosia, you now need to spend two days modding Skyrim before playing it. It's the only way to go.
The Phishing friend requests are getting ridiculous. I'm getting 1-4 every single day now.

Will you join me in glorious friendship, comrade? Riches.

Awaiting your reply,

[UNASSIGNED]

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The beta should be RC for the real one but I am not seeing anything either. mind = blown

I think you're confusing overhauled client with overhauled browser engine, the latter of which a Valve employee very recently confirmed will be in an upcoming beta update.

madjoki

The beta should be RC for the real one but I am not seeing anything either. mind = blown

Maybe they finally release android/ios app updates after beta gets released. (Too bad I'm using Windows Phone now)
I believe beta client added support for two factor logins (SMS/Mobile App Auth).

I think you're confusing overhauled client with overhauled browser engine, the latter of which a Valve employee very recently confirmed will be in an upcoming beta update.

This probably. I don't think they are overhauling whole client, even if it needs it.
Sure they changed colors, but that's it.

Weird, the "Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack" doesn't include Ballad of Gay Tony

It does, it's in Episodes from Liberty City. But it doesn't have GTA V.

Well yeah, I am quite drunk at the moment but the post did say that:

This update is a candidate for a full Steam Client release later today. Thanks to all our beta testers for their continued feedback and their willingness to help us catch critical bugs and crashes.

which confused me after seeing the browser engine update tweet. Anyhoo, the client itself has been lightning fast for me since the last major upgrade few months ago. Is the client webkit based?

bakeray

Got my Rainbow 6: Siege Alpha invite. anyone else? Really hoping it's a good squad based shooter, it has been too long.

my body is ready.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Point and Click

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Torchlight 2 -- MB-2D4B3975F7880B61 - Taken by freshVeggie
Cognition -- MB-7029F314986A40EB - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
The Night of the Rabbit -- MB-09CABF478DF6CB35 - Taken by didamangi
1954 Alcatraz -- MB-A3EFDD72D5813EBA - Taken by drakaenae
Deponia -- MB-43DD2D24D017DDAB - Taken by Belgarion
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-C91258565CC1B5DA - Taken by Darth Kupi

Also buy Bully, it's only 2 bucks!

I think I now own the catalog sans GTA1 and 2

Hey now I am getting phishing friend requests too. I finally made it!

chronomac

Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Room -- MB-FF58B15C560ED9FD - Taken by L.O.R.D. 5 entrants total.
Boson X -- MB-8731E40484E9B902 - Taken by ViviOggi. 4 entrants total.
Waves -- MB-69DE3AFC079F6B01 - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.

t1428699236z1.png

chronomac

Reposting for the new page.

I should have planned that better.

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Room -- MB-FF58B15C560ED9FD - Taken by L.O.R.D. 5 entrants total.
Boson X -- MB-8731E40484E9B902 - Taken by ViviOggi. 4 entrants total.
Waves -- MB-69DE3AFC079F6B01 - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.

t1428699236z1.png

If anyone is worried about buying Manhunt because the steam page says it doesn't run on Windows 7/8.1 don't be. Runs without issues at 60 FPS and looks pretty nice given the era.
I'm sure he sells the formula.
Given the one other person who has mentioned it on the internet it seems like it is a combat rebalance mod issue. Downloaded the updated version so hopefully that fixes the issue.

Dsyndrome

This AMA thread's magical, Major Nelson's responding to Evilore now.
I'll just say I take issue with your choice of the word "bribe."

At no time did I ever imply or otherwise infer that I would expect coverage - let alone dictate the tone or tenor of said coverage.

What ever you choose to say or write or otherwise do to cover the event (or not at all) was entirely up to you. I said it then, and I"ll say it again: This was a 100% no strings attached professional courtesy I was extending to anther member of the community. No expectations were implied or inferred.

I wanted to make sure you could see, in person, the Xbox briefing so you could draw your own conclusions. How or if you shared them was entirely up to you.

That was it.

No strings attached. Period.

Assuming that I would expect anything in return is just flat out wrong and misrepresents my intention. It's also incorrect to assume that I would somehow use this to create an uncomfortable situation when we would meet at E3. I think I have conducted myself in a much more professional and upstanding manner both online and in person that you would have understood that.

Thanks.

Larry

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well yeah, I am quite drunk at the moment but the post did say that:

which confused me after seeing the browser engine update tweet. Anyhoo, the client itself has been lightning fast for me since the last major upgrade few months ago. Is the client webkit based?

Yeah, has been since OSX support was added.

Dr Dogg

So in the EviLore Kotaku AMA thread EviLore was asked about offers from the industry and such which he mentioned something about Microsoft getting GAF into E3 after that ESA hoohah last year. All of a sudden Major Nelson pops into the thread taking issue with that. Could be interesting to watch this unfold.

It's a masterpiece of noodle western cinema.
The trailer doesn't really do it justice, because it's an international trailer and it's basically BOOMSPLOSIONSFIGHTSLOOK.

I'll have to have a look see if the super awesome video/dvd rental shop here has a copy.

ANyone have a countdowner for GTA release?

Well as you might have noticed there isn't a release time on Steam so no one really know. But if we're going by the 6pm GMT store update time then...

t1429034400z0.png

So in the EviLore Kotaku AMA thread EviLore was asked about offers from the industry and such which he mentioned something about Microsoft getting GAF into E3 after that ESA hoohah last year. All of a sudden Major Nelson pops into the thread taking issue with that. Could be interesting to watch this unfold.

The responses so far have been a ton of michaeljacksoneatingpopcorn.gifs, but they're probably not wrong.

Did you see this quote in the AMA:

Obviously the PC is Best Platform

Phawx

Don't know if this was mentioned previously, Domestic Dog Simulator steam key is available in BAGB10 on Groupees.

Dr Dogg

The responses so far have been a ton of michaeljacksoneatingpopcorn.gifs, but they're probably not wrong.

Did you see this quote in the AMA:

Well that's generally what most will do as their 'contribution' (which reminds me of the Jeff Bell AMasterNinja incident).

And yeah of course EL is going to say that, Pillars is only on PC natch :p

Here's what Rockstar Support said on their twitter:

https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport/status/586548154918645761

Ah top stuff cheers. So...

t1428969600z0.png

Sooo I'm playing this at 800x600 and everything at lowest of the low and bouncing between 20-30 fps for 2 days now until my GPU kerfuffle is finally sorted.

I played a bit Contagion.
Not gonna beat around the bush. I got scared.

For being a Source-Engine game, it really looks nice. The lighting or better very well put lack thereof is so good. The howling of the zombies and the ambient sounds are so immersive, I found myself doing quick 180s every now and then.

The devs really made a Zombie Survival game. Very different than Left 4 Dead. You have to calculate your every move as stamina depletes very fast and zombies get attracted by your running noises. Add in the same for gunshots and you quickly adapt a new playstyle: Zombie tiptoeing. I tried staying far away and in the shadows but the levels have many small pathways which can get really tense.

About weapons. You start of with only one. Mine was a pistol. Throughout the level new weapons and ammo is scattered but unlike L4D they are mostly not on the direct route to the next part but in side buildings etc. Given the felt real threat by zombies you have to carefully wage rummaging for better weapons or staying safe. It really gets tense. Ammo itself is also very scarce. So you better be sure to land some headshots. But then again, one shot will attract at least four others. In the end I was mostly running away when followed and used my weapon only when absolutely needed.

The levels are greatly detailed and bring a lot of atmosphere. I wasn't expecting the game to be that tense and scary to be honest but I can imagine others to have great fun with this. Good teamwork is absolutely advised.

Here some screens I took before getting scared.

Well fellow SteamGAFfers, I finally got my own desktop PC thingy (alienware alpha). This'll be my first computer that can run at resolutions above 768p, I don't think my body will be able to handle this new future.
Nice! Put your new rig through some hoops by playing Crysis, the firs tone of course :)
Lol might as well make it ficial!!
Hahaha! This is awesome! :D

EDIT: Noooo! You deleted it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for TheAutomator:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheAutomator, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-1F6FA08279B4B44C - Taken by PunishedSnake

someone please just take this game
jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom