• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
So EviLore is salty because Major Nelson didn't shake his hand properly.

looks like it

Yeah, professional courtesy and doing your job as PR guy was how I had interpreted it, since I had no reason to think otherwise, and I declined politely (as far as I'm aware) and thought nothing of it at the time.

Until a flagrantly disrespectful encounter at that E3 afterwards, which colored my perceptions of how you had taken the exchange in retrospect, hence the harsh commentary over at Kotaku.

Maybe I somehow misinterpreted the scenario where I walked up to you with my group in order to thank you in person for the E3 offer, said hi, made eye contact, went in for a handshake, and then you took my hand but immediately spun a 180 while the handshake was still in progress to directly put your back to me, to gasps and aghast facial expressions from the people I was with. A little bit '60s comic book villain, but charming in its forthrightness, I will say.

But, you know, maybe somehow it's all a misunderstanding, as unlikely as that seems, and I shouldn't have spoken harshly on Kotaku in case it was, leading to this silly public drama we have on our hands now. But had there been any room for interpretation I would have given the benefit of the doubt.

Ain't internet drama fun? At least this isn't on Twitter.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I don't know how much the rest of you know about ritualistic greetings (I'm an expert) but...

7Y4ujn5.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-9FB5FFBB7F839089 - Taken by Mr. Doop

Was trying to resize it lol
Nice pic you found!
The bigger news should be that Major Nelson is looking forward to the Bethesda E3 conference the most. What could it mean?
Yep, can't imagine a PR figure wasting an opportunity to create a bit excitement & hype. So that Bethesda comment is interesting. Timed-exclusive at worst though.

Some (almost all) of the thread reminds me of highschool drama. Lots of talk for nothing.

Surely kotaku welcomes the non-existent-scandal-clicks.

Dr Dogg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, understood.

I did something similar myself 2-3 years ago (promised to buy everybody who'd ever gifted me something a copy of the game), but I'll probably instead start working through the list here and there after this year's Summer Sale so I don't run the risk of waiting until HL3 is actually purchaseable only to find that I don't have the money (and on that note I hope more than a few people opt for something that's available on Nuuvem, haha).

Danj

Ugh, the spammers have started with level 1 Steam profiles now.

*ups the filter level in the new spam filter app*

Phawx

Since we're removed from the thread, I've met Major N in person and he does come off like Evil said.

Dude comes off cold as ice.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And it never will exists, until EA buys Half-Life rights and resurrects it as free-to-wait clicker game.
:(

Incidentally, EA did try to by Valve at one point. That would be an interesting alternate timeline to visit.

ExoSoul

Banned
Friend request from a level one private profile named "yourcousin" (female) in Portuguese, pic is also above your average bot level. Skynet grows closer with each passing day.

Since we're removed from the thread, I've met Major N in person and he does come off like Evil said.

Dude comes off cold as ice.

"I said: What's cooler than being cool?!"

Phawx

Weird, I've met him twice and he was really cool. He even remembered me the second time.

I met him twice as well, once was at a Q&A just before PAX East and he was very chummy and we talked for a bit. Then later that weekend I saw him at the convention and he was like "Hello" /shun

Edit: to clarify, I walked up to him to ask him how his PAX was going. He wasn't having it.

Arthea

I actually get so many phishing requests, that I no longer will accept any, unless profile is not private, I know a person or it is a steamgafer.
It really got this bad...
What's even more sadder, I haven't got a real friend request in weeks, only those nasty ones.

What with every Tom, Dick and Harry selling their own interpretation of bundles now combined with so many 'quality' releases on Steam these day, nothing should surprise anybody. My surprise was that 'I'm not buying anything every again' Arthea had something no one on my contact list has.

Hey, I'm not buying new games, but that is not extended to all bundles which I buy there and here sometimes just not to go insane.
technically that's cheating, I know, but nobody is perfect, even me (><)

Asgaro

telling you, you're going to be able to get GTAV for dirt cheap before the year is over. I'm going to keep my wallet locked up until then

Same.

G2Hjx5x.png

Maybe not that excessive but I'll wait until the very first price drop on Steam.
Only 10% off would already do it for me.
Summer Sale probably?

ExoSoul

Banned
I actually get so many phishing requests, that I no longer will accept any, unless profile is not private, I know a person or it is a steamgafer.
What's even more sadder, I haven't got a real friend request in weeks, only those nasty ones.

I'd friend you but we're already friends...

Dr Dogg

Hey, I'm not buying new games, but that is not extended to all bundles which I buy there and here sometimes just not to go insane.
technically that's cheating, I know, but nobody is perfect, even me (><)

Well I'm one to talk. Remember my bold claims of only buying 5 games this entire year? Yeah well I don't think 6 weeks is quite a year :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Request sent. Now pay me.

Yeah I get several a day now. About one every few hours. I'd make my profile private, but I do too much card trading through Steam Trade Matcher.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Alone in the Dark: Illumination Beta -- MB-70F2A52C06861ACB - Taken by Bayonetta

Arthea

Well I'm one to talk. Remember my bold claims of only buying 5 games this entire year? Yeah well I don't think 6 weeks is quite a year :p

well, I'm sure you can find planet in this universe where a year is 6 weeks and move there. But then again, I'm not sure you'll have any internet connection there, even that pitiful as yours... but your word would be kept (><)

Request sent. Now pay me.

Accepted, I'll pay you in anime gifs, that's acceptable I think?
I kid, I kid, relax everyone

Yeah I get several a day now. About one every few hours. I'd make my profile private, but I do too much card trading through Steam Trade Matcher.

kindly tell me, what's steam trade matcher?

edited: just noticed that zky got powers to change steam thread titles now. It's strange he stopped after decapitalizing s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom