• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

It's been bundled before, so it's not a surprise :p

What with every Tom, Dick and Harry selling their own interpretation of bundles now combined with so many 'quality' releases on Steam these day, nothing should surprise anybody. My surprise was that 'I'm not buying anything every again' Arthea had something no one on my contact list has.

MacGameStore 10th Anniversary bundle
1$ tier
  • Deponia
  • The Night of the Rabbit
  • Edna and Harvey: Harvey New Eyes
  • 1954 Alcatraz
BTA(4.59$ at the moment of the post)
  • Cognition GOTY
  • Torchlight 2
  • realMyst: ME
  • Among the Sleep
Everything is a Steam key, and there's also a drm-free version in addition of every game except Torchlight 2.
Bundle worth it for Among the Sleep.
Interesting. Never saw a bundle from them before.

How is real realMyst ME?

Looks like my current Witcher 2 playthrough is broken. Have to create Galdwall to advance a quest and the only vendor who sells it......doesn't have it.

Loptous

hi
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Loptous, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

140 -- MB-2A2E95F01BE374DA - Taken by Whelan. 2 entrants total.

t1428693656z1.png
bye

Dr Dogg

Every monthly thread got moved here when we were to make room for more.... high quality threads about.... stuff.

Actually since this thread got moved here I've seen very little of the 'high quality' posting in Gaming due to either kicking about in Community, regular subbed threads or OT's for what I'm playing. For me it's worked a ok, well apart from the descents into madness that happen in here once in a while.

Stuff.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 35 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vanguard Princess Hilda Rize -- MB-5F1FD867CC4A8F06 - Taken by Newblade
To The Moon -- MB-7610B3DC4D25ACBA
Deponia -- MB-8E5EDA86A341A140 - Taken by Loptous
7th Legion -- MB-A082BB5D8B5EC4E1 - Taken by Mavromatis
Nihilumbra -- MB-95D0C34C8CDAAF99 - Taken by 7Sins
Pineview Drive -- MB-0675D2E467A532EF - Taken by redlacs
GunWorld -- MB-D5402A53E7BC53B3 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Contraption Maker -- MB-7A745378197C598A - Taken by Lomax
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-1FF62D7199ACDB3A - Taken by nja
Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse -- MB-2DEFEA592A71951E - Taken by freshVeggie
Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition -- MB-0949B6E31BDA6946 - Taken by dave is ok
UnEpic -- MB-20770A3DEBA97BCB - Taken by PunishedSnake
Ostrich Island -- MB-1DBF53AED12934E1 - Taken by darkchewie
Chaos Ride -- MB-1357C5EB3B5B29CF - Taken by Tesseract
Torchlight II -- MB-54707DF021C85685 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Rocketbirds: Hard Boiled Chicken -- MB-C6B90C3356416184 - Taken by Eila
Metal Dead -- MB-8D2E277C52C26005 - Taken by anastef
140 -- MB-9F9F4BC9C6EC12DA - Taken by Cozmogramma
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-EBCAB751C589B5D0 - Taken by Se7enSword
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-F01D2F4E0AC54C20 - Taken by Locke Lamora
Mirrormoon EP -- MB-DC540ADDB4400C81 - Taken by madjoki
Magicka -- MB-53BF4FCC25D8CBD0 - Taken by Belgarion
Chainsaw Warrior -- MB-5D8A4DA3BBD51156 - Taken by Lobogris
BANZAI PECAN: The Last Hope For the Young Century -- MB-7530931A7D3866C3
Potatoman Seeks the Troof -- MB-F52CFCC915FE2D81 - Taken by SSPssp
BiT Evolution -- MB-8E61B25FE535B012 - Taken by dot
ibb & obb -- MB-C42E882B0BBEFBE7 - Taken by Vlad
Vanguard Princess -- MB-0427241C348599D6 - Taken by Squirrel Killer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky -- MB-98D7AA81FCDD60AB - Taken by L.O.R.D
Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword -- MB-211A62382E7CB09D - Taken by Kuroyume
ThreadSpace: Hyperbol -- MB-D3C438DCA1865B6A - Taken by Abomination
Starlaxis Supernova Edition -- MB-62B10BF11F54BBD9 - Taken by ExoSoul
Pixel Piracy -- MB-240A3FB0B53F7BE6 - Taken by Vazduh
Gun Monkeys -- MB-4DB9A20F09F9234B
SickBrick -- MB-806993F0008C10D1 - Taken by Purkake4

MattyG

Banned
So I just booted my PC up and got an error that said "oawrapper.exe has stopped working". I googled it and apparently it's related to Geforce Experience. Anyone know specifically what the problem is or how to fix it?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
One last thing or I won't be able to sleep tonight.

I'll leave it at this because I do feel we've successfully deescalated what was a mildly contentious back-and-forth (and you're going to sleep to boot, so it's not fair in terms of giving you a chance to reply) :

I do not think a person saying, "There's no smoking in my house. End of discussion." is denying you your freedom of speech. It's their rule, and maybe they're really inconsistent with its application, but they've set forth the space and can rescind it at will. Is it unfortunate that you can't even talk to them about it? Sure, but maybe they've already had a dozen other people die on that mole hill and are just tired of it.

As an aside, it's been funny to see how many people were discomforted by this conversation. A lot of off-topic and borderline discussion happens here, guys, we can make it through this.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled anime and yerba mate.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-48EDB4DE1BFA0E18 - Taken by Bayonetta

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Also, I demand to know who edited the title of this thread.

I support the edit because it makes people feel inexplicably uncomfortable. I just need to know.

Elija2

Generally 1-3 days. Much longer during or shortly after the big sale periods.

For me, I've waited a day or two, and I've waited two weeks. What sucks is waiting for more than a few days, only to receive an automated response that is not helpful whatsoever.

There hasn't been any big sales recently, has there? I guess it's only been 4 days, but that's long enough to make me worry that I'll never get a reply.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-AA234612B24A2D6F - Taken by Dimitri2401
Glare -- MB-968A3DFE35299A46 - Taken by topyy

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Goat Simulator failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Goat Simulator failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

So much for the mystery

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There hasn't been any big sales recently, has there? I guess it's only been 4 days, but that's long enough to make me worry that I'll never get a reply.

The Ubi weekend that was held a month ago is the closest thing to a recent big sale.

derExperte

Also, I demand to know who edited the title of this thread.

I support the edit because it makes people feel inexplicably uncomfortable. I just need to know.

Whatever makes this thread stand out a little is okay for me since I don't use a subscription. Make it all bold, lower case, green, don't care.

Lomax

Looks like we're getting some sort of pseudo-sequel to Mars: War Logs called The Technomancer:

http://thetechnomancer-game.com/

The technomancy was the best part of Mars: WL for me, so I'm actually looking forward to this quite a bit. Plus by most accounts they did a good job refining Of Orcs and Men into Styx, so if this gets the same level of refinement it could be pretty great.

Spiders and Focus Home Interactive announce continued partnership for a new RPG: The Technomancer
Technomancy theme expanded and explored in new RPG

Spiders are back with The Technomancer, a new post-apocalyptic RPG set in a cyberpunk world for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC set on Mars during the War of Water, where an aspiring Technomancer faces a myriad of questions as his future grows threatened by the secrets of his past. Discover today the first official images from the game!

An RPG, The Technomancer will offer players action-oriented combat gameplay along four different skill trees, focusing on 3 different fighting styles and the destructive electric-focused powers of the Technomancers. But all situations aren't necessarily to be dealt with brute strength, with dynamic conversation dialogue playing a deep role in quests, changing the story depending on the decisions you make. Craft equipment, weapons and armor for yourself and for the companions you'll recruit along your adventure, nurturing relationships with them.

On the run from the Secret Police and confronted by the harsh realities of the Red Planet, you must undertake a quest that takes you through tribal communities, cities lost under the ice, and dystopian shanties sprawled across Mars' dusty embrace.

Faced with the cruelty of Mars' iron-fist enforcers and wild-life, can you survive long enough to uncover the truth behind The Technomancer?

A unique and thrilling science-fiction RPG experience set on the Red Planet.
Bond with numerous unique and interesting companions and reveal secrets about their past.
Manage their inventory and level up your companions.
Up to five different endings for many quests changing the conclusions and rewards - even the people you'll meet and journey with!
A dynamic crafting system that changes the visual appearance of weapon and armor.
Play as a Technomancer - a combat proficient warrior with use of cybernetically enhanced magical abilities.

The Technomancer is slated for a 2016 release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

JaseC

As an aside, it's been funny to see how many people were discomforted by this conversation. A lot of off-topic and borderline discussion happens here, guys, we can make it through this.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled anime and yerba mate.

You're misunderstanding the concern. People are uneasy about the topic because discussing how the site is moderated can and has lead to communities being temporarily closed (and particularly loud voices of dissent banned) as it's against the rules. Granted, that's unlikely to happen here as it's not the primary topic, but you can't blame people for wanting others to err on the side of caution.

I got this key from a text file named keys on my documents folder from October 2012.
As you might imagine I'm not sure if I ever gave this key. I marked other keys on said file as "Used" but not this.
So it's a dump, approach with caution.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Hitman Blood Money -- MB-0FC8464F82AED465 - Taken by Vlad
Also thanks for the game 5ElementNinja.

JaseC

Why did they add the word simulator to the title? I got a key from the dev when he posted on another site, enjoyed it for a tiny bit... But Domestic Dog is a better name than Domestic Dog Simluator.

To catch the attention of German users, of course. ;)

Dr Dogg

Why did they add the word simulator to the title? I got a key from the dev when he posted on another site, enjoyed it for a tiny bit... But Domestic Dog is a better name than Domestic Dog Simluator.

Well the Simulator craze is still very much alive. Plus it will probably get a boxed retail release in Germany now.

madjoki

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (madjoki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Cherry Tree High Complete Pack -- MB-BC624A56BD25D8AD - Taken by Widdly Scuds

JaseC

I see the folks at Juju broke the Desura client browser once more as it again takes a good 30-odd seconds for the key generation window to appear.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-DA954AEA8362559A - Taken by morningbus
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-90E1578C29106A1C - Taken by Anteater
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-C78C57AB2CDA9231 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Skyrim -- MB-A55E21A25F29CC09 - Taken by Kirosia

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of MRORANGE, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MRORANGE, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Half Life 3 -- MB-77C097772362EB4A - Taken by WinterDemons. 34 entrants total.

t1428699831z1.png

generic giveaway. no surprises. :3

ModBot said:
Instructions for TheAutomator:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheAutomator, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-1F6FA08279B4B44C - Taken by PunishedSnake

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-DDAA4EC7B6801E81 - Taken by chronomac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom