• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain to me, why Taiwan doesnt get all games?

I mean Dragon Ball Xenoverse isnt available in Taiwan on Steam for whatever reason. Then I try to open the Page for:
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH

and it shows its not available. When I turn off my VPN (Taiwan) though, I can see it.

Dunno if anyone still play Evolve or even care about it,
but there's another event going on, all you need to do is play one round, and if the goal is reached, you'll get a free skin for Goliath (THE GOLIATH VOODOO SKIN)

I am sad, that 2Ks DLC strategy "killed" or lowered the community pretty quick though.

_hekk05

Banned

I mean Dragon Ball Xenoverse isnt available in Taiwan on Steam for whatever reason. Then I try to open the Page for:

and it shows its not available. When I turn off my VPN (Taiwan) though, I can see it.

Kind of like how some asian countries don't get Metal Gear Rising.

Suck it up and buy it from elsewhere

If your actual question is "Why do some publishers selectively make games available in Taiwan?", then, well, that's something only the publishers can answer.

It just doesnt make sense to me. I mean they are available when I use the HK server on my VPN or no server (mainland China).
I just dont get why they wouldnt release them in Taiwan.

Kind of like how some asian countries don't get Metal Gear Rising.

Suck it up and buy it from elsewhere

I can buy it, since I am living in Mainland China now. I just noticed when I use the Taiwan server on my VPN that some games arent available there.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Some of the bad feelings from the 1980s and arcade machines still cause Japanese publishers to act this way.

_hekk05

Banned
It just doesnt make sense to me. I mean they are available when I use the HK server on my VPN or no server (mainland China).
I just dont get why they wouldnt release them in Taiwan.

I can buy it, since I am living in Mainland China now. I just noticed when I use the Taiwan server on my VPN that some games arent available there.

Cross-region licensing is some confusing business. So we all pretend to be from somewhere else and they look the other way since we're giving them money still

Win-Win!!

titch

From Tuesday's episode:

Agreed. Watching it this moment.

What prog is this?

Someone posted this:

crunchie.jpg

Is that the sponge candy from the general upstate NY area (buffalo, etc)? And if so, can someone send me some? thanks!

Nah it was this!!!

I am sad, that 2Ks DLC strategy "killed" or lowered the community pretty quick though.
I can see Dragonball just fine, but to answer your question, Japnese publishers are stupid.

Dr Dogg

I'm sure the big publisher cabal has an official list of tier 2 countries.

Destined to end in tears before bed time. What's more you could do a lot better than that when you factor in the stupid UK prices. For the same outlay you could swap out that 750Ti for a 760 (or seeing as they're EOL a 960 with it's hideous 128bit bus) if you go by German or US prices.

Those threads are pointless. Why chase a console price point and therefore rob yourself of most of the advantages of PC gaming? Pay more to get more and enjoy the savings of PC games with the better graphics and frame rates, to say the least.

Anyway, as soon as I saw it, I could taste the salt.
Choices, you still have choices, even on low end PCs.

And console warriors are just the worst!

_hekk05

Banned

You're doing it wrong. Its supposed to be in the title

Also who on earth still buys consoles for graphics? Obviously people buy it for either the exclusives or the convenience.

A newcomer will still have to put the PC together, do cable management, troubleshooting, etc. That's pretty hard on someone new to this.

Someone who already knows about these things will just blow 500 more bucks to get a high-mid grid.

So really, the point is entirely moot.

Can we do it? obviously.

Is it worth it? lolno

Choices, you still have choices, even on low end PCs.

And console warriors are just the worst!

That's true. I guess that I'd just prefer to wait and spend more money to start with something better. I'd at least want to get a good i5 so that I wouldn't have to upgrade the CPU and mobo for a while.

Console warriors have a perpetual case of Stockholm Syndrome and need to defend their crap PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom