• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Maybe I somehow misinterpreted the scenario where I walked up to you with my group in order to thank you in person for the E3 offer, said hi, made eye contact, went in for a handshake, and then you took my hand but immediately spun a 180 while the handshake was still in progress to directly put your back to me, to gasps and aghast facial expressions from the people I was with. A little bit '60s comic book villain, but charming in its forthrightness, I will say.

Its as if they're in a drama. *grabs popcorn*

ive been meaning to finish ds2. i started it but the audio keeps making me anxious. maybe when i stop being a big babby

Say what you will about the series, the Audio design is top notch. The sound the bomb carriers make and even worse, those guys with the arms stuck to the walls that spit out other guys. Nightmare inducing!

Edit: Looks like Little Devil Inside has launched a kickstarter. Already has something like 26k votes on greenlight, so no probs there, asking for 250k, pretty serious cash, hope they make it!

Anyone knows when AMD and Nvidia plan to release their next GPUs? I want to upgrade in the next few month, but I dont think if I buy a 970 now it would be worth it if the new ones would come out soon.

Jeebus, I haven't followed console wars in a while....arguments against PC remains the same. It's a like GMO battle.

I think one problem with a lot of console-only gamers that first built a PC is that they expect a middle-ware PC to last them for 6 years.
When the first games after maybe 1 year wont run on high settings anymore, they complain even though they still look better than console-games.

Edit: Damn. The Slaughtering Grounds got cards :D

Chariot

Also who on earth still buys consoles for graphics? Obviously people buy it for either the exclusives or the convenience.
Somehow a lot of people. Just look in some The Order threads *chuckle*

You can play with me ;)
Let's do a B team, we should get Milamber and Chariot on our team
Not at home atm. And when I'm at home The Secret World needs me. And Adventure Capitalist.

Sounds like the beginning of a coup xD
Waifus will take it all.

The pure hatred some of those people have against PC is kind of hilarious.
ikr?
I got to laugh how deeps they try to dig to find counter arguments.

didamangi

Anyone knows when AMD and Nvidia plan to release their next GPUs? I want to upgrade in the next few month, but I dont think if I buy a 970 now it would be worth it if the new ones would come out soon.

Personally gonna wait until DX12 and maybe 100% hardware level DX12 cards are out.

_hekk05

Banned
Personally gonna wait until DX12 and maybe 100% hardware level DX12 cards are out.

Might as well also wait for more games to jump on the DX12 train. So maybe in 5-6 2-3 years for manufacturers to catch up?

I can see most AAAs moving when both consoles move to support DX12

derExperte

Might as well also wait for more games to jump on the DX12 train. So maybe in 5-6 years?

The next Deus Ex will already utilize DX12 and I predict it becoming such a big buzzword that few devs can get away with not supporting it around the end of next year. Especially when in-game benchmarks will show noticeable improvements and the X1 has support too.

didamangi

Might as well also wait for more games to jump on the DX12 train. So maybe in [stike]5-6[/s] 2-3 years?

I can see AAAs moving when both consoles move to support DX12/

Probably in 1-2 years. Windows 10 update free for a year probably going to help the base to move up faster. I guess. Maybe. Either way, gonna wait and see since if I'm not mistaken, the 9xx series cards only support software level dx12.

edit: Oh, yeah. X1 has support too, huh. Great news then.

Milamber

New animu season, 3DS Harvest Moon and new delivery of my light novels off Book Depository has been keeping me away from PC gaming this entire week. I doubt I'll ever have the time to buy and play GTAV now.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
that thread is basically a platform for console wars. people just going in circles.

aaaaaaaand we have a winner:
Bloodborne, THE LAST OF US, 30fps is fine, drivers, upgrades, viruses, the cost of cables and antistatic wrist bands, PC has no exclusives except RTS, I've never heard of Pillars of Eternity, plug'n'play, I can't rearrange my living room now I have $400 of amiibo's, nvidia salt, Mark Cerny optimization, the PC won't last 5 years, XBL/PSN is better than steam, I can't build a PC, I like form factors that are as small as PS4 but Alienware alpha is too small, Steam is anti-consumer, I only play niche jrpgs of which there are 3 a year, I can't max everything on a $300 PC, the human eye can only detect graphical differences between PS4 and XBONE.

:p

New animu season, 3DS Harvest Moon and new delivery of my light novels off Book Depository has been keeping me away from PC gaming this entire week. I doubt I'll ever have the time to buy and play GTAV now.

Are you playing the one they called Harvest Moon, or are you playing Story of Seasons, which is the actual successor to the HM titles? I'm doing the latter. Good artwork in it - they actually have (a couple of ) women who look over 18.

derExperte

Got nothing on this.

What I would give to take a look at the PCs of those people. To devastate a modern Windows OS so badly that it can't even run DOTA is an impressive achievement worth studying. But beyond all the snark I'm still all for helping them and improving their experience because they're clearly doing something very wrong. Unfortunately over the years I've learned that many don't want help, they just want to keep on bitching.

Milamber

Are you playing the one they called Harvest Moon, or are you playing Story of Seasons, which is the actual successor to the HM titles? I'm doing the latter. Good artwork in it - they actually have (a couple of ) women who look over 18.

SoS of course. That is until the next RF comes. If ever.

SoS of course. That is until the next RF comes. If ever.

Who are you going for? I'm currently going for Iris. She's easily the best-looking one but it's like "bitch stop writing your novel so I can give you this damn firefly already" - she's too busy a lot of the time. Hopefully it'll be worth it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom