• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

$h@d0w

Ugh, debating between GTA5 and Mortal Kombat (with or without the season pass). Only have enough for one this month (comfortably) and I'm really struggling to decide. I'm a huge huge MK fan (have the first 3 arcades at my parents' place) but GTA5 would be a new experience for me.

Sigh. Suggestions? Points that I may not have considered?

Out of the two, I'd say MKX has the biggest chance of being discounted first - so go with GTA V.

Coldsun

Banned
Out of the two, I'd say MKX has the biggest chance of being discounted first - so go with GTA V.

Any idea on when the Goro DLC will be made available for non-preorders of MK? Thats the only reason I'm still considering the pre-order instead of waiting as you suggested.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
It's a Trap!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Battleplan: American Civil War -- MB-973A0E33DD9E6C26 - Taken by nja
Sometimes Success requires sacrifice -- MB-224C84530B25F002 - Taken by Loptous
Chaos Ride -- MB-0AE814C979692D15 - Taken by bluechox2
Chip -- MB-D0B3ADB7AC1BB4D0 - Taken by XDDX

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
iB41tJxAZ0ZE6.gif

I need details of the gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm not really into superheroes.

You have chosen poorly.

I'm not saying it'll change your mind, but it's worth checking out sometime. At least be prepared for the deluge of threads we're going to get when people discover it on Netflix in about 6 months.

Exuro

Injustice is pretty cool. Played up to aquaman's part. Didn't realize how story driven it was going to be. Really enjoying it, other than the cutscenes being low res which is annoying.

Injustice is pretty cool. Played up to aquaman's part. Didn't realize how story driven it was going to be. Really enjoying it, other than the cutscenes being low res which is annoying.

Yeah, the low-res cutscenes were really distracting initially... well still kinda was, but less so.Too bad I accidentally got my save wiped at around ~1 hour point before the story mode ends. Lesson was, don't be a flip-flopper on skipping the login process of dumb optional accounts.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-48069D32E09C050E - Taken by Kanokare
Hitman: Absolution -- MB-090479B12934D4FB - Taken by Blu(e)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-5E43464904D0D392 - Taken by Se7enSword
Supreme Commander 2 -- MB-66FF43B13A131E4A - Taken by Sendou

morningbus

Not exactly chomping at the bit to watch a super hero show on The CW.

What makes it so compelling?

In general? Great characters with nuance and depth. A pitch perfect tone that can go from easy and light-hearted to insane and dark in moments. A wonderful sci-fi premise that genuinely feels like it could go anywhere. And, most importantly, a pace that is breakneck, giving you plot that would play out over seasons on other shows in single episodes.

It's very easy to call it the best superhero show ever, but even that's under selling it. It's easily the best superhero adaptation ever.

Coldsun

Banned
I've had Injustice for ages but never got around to actually playing it. After reading that it is actually somewhat story driven, I'm compelled to. Installing it now.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Grand Theft Auto V -- MB-1E7B6BA68313FD23 - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 69 entrants total.

t1428738178z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
The Flash is really well written tbh. Morningbus did a great job at explaining why its great. (I'm terrible at stuff like that)

The only weak or subpar thing about the show is the romance, but that can be easily look over.

Btw, if you haven't. You guys need to watch that new Daredevil show on Netflix. Just watched the first episode.

Amazing. Probably the 2nd best superhero pilot, I've ever seen. After the Flash.

And I really enjoyed Smallville and Arrow pilot episodes.

Speaking of which. Flash and Arrow probably wouldn't have happen if it wasn't due to the longevity success of Smallville. It has it up and down. But it did paved ways to the superhero genre on TV.

-Deimos

Not exactly chomping at the bit to watch a super hero show on The CW.

What makes it so compelling?

In general? Great characters with nuance and depth. A pitch perfect tone that can go from easy and light-hearted to insane and dark in moments. A wonderful sci-fi premise that genuinely feels like it could go anywhere. And, most importantly, a pace that is breakneck, giving you plot that would play out over seasons on other shows in single episodes.

It's very easy to call it the best superhero show ever, but even that's under selling it. It's easily the best superhero adaptation ever.

Can't put it better than that. The show is just amazing, especially after the first few episodes when the story is properly established. The pacing really is one of the strongest qualities of the show, so much happens in the span of just one season and we're not even done yet. The special effects are top-notch considering it's a tv show and the confrontations are really satisfying to watch. Not to mention a certain arch-nemesis that has one of the most menacing portrayals of a villain I've ever seen.

SeZMehK

The Flash is really well written tbh. Morningbus did a great job at explaining why its great. (I'm terrible at stuff like that)

The only weak or subpar thing about the show is the romance, but that can be easily look over.

Btw, if you haven't. You guys need to watch that new Daredevil show on Netflix. Just watched the first episode.

Amazing. Probably the 2nd best superhero pilot, I've ever seen. After the Flash.

And I really enjoyed Smallville and Arrow pilot episodes.

Speaking of which. Flash and Arrow probably wouldn't have happen if it wasn't due to the longevity success of Smallville. It has it up and down. But it did paved ways to the superhero genre on TV.

flash has been the more intriguing one, but arrow has a better story in my opinion

Miguel81

I'm still waiting for the Blu ray to get released so that I can tackle that show. I've enjoyed Arrow, so I hope to this one resonates with me.

dot

You can't really go wrong with either Flash or Arrow. Both shows are really good.

I'm more of an Arrow fan though.

Now i wanna play Injustice but it's like 30 gb to download. :(

SeZMehK

You can't really go wrong with either Flash or Arrow. Both shows are really good.

I'm more of an Arrow fan though.

ive kept up with both, and the crossover between both is a nice twist

Shadownet

Banned
flash has been the more intriguing one, but arrow has a better story in my opinion
Ive only seen like 8 episodes of Arrow. People tell me season 1-2 were great. 3 is a bit disappointing.

So I guess almost by default I'm a Flash fan. I hope the new Supergirl and later on Teen Titans TV show will be good as well.
Or you can just download another 29GB with GTA V instead (;

morningbus

The Flash is currently $25 on iTunes and Amazon Instant, by the way. You'll get all the episodes so far, plus the remaining as they're released.

SeZMehK

Ive only seen like 8 episodes of Arrow. People tell me season 1-2 were great. 3 is a bit disappointing.

So I guess almost by default I'm a Flash fan. I hope the new Supergirl and later on Teen Titans TV show will be good as well.

Or you can just download another 29GB with GTA V instead (;

season 3 isnt all that bad

dex3108

The Flash is currently $25 on iTunes and Amazon Instant, by the way. You'll get all the episodes so far, plus the remaining as they're released.

When they decide to support my country i will buy it :D These regional restrictions for digital content is getting ridiculous. I hope that Steam Videos will go somewhere.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-7BD7C88899DFC000 - Taken by $h@d0w

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Mystery Gift failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

Deception

I need to start reading giveaway rules before I enter. Will modbot detect if I don't meet the criteria for a giveaway? I don't want to get in trouble.

SeZMehK

amazon should send you the bluray disc at the end of the season for those who purchace a digital service that costs them nothing but the fee they payed to distribute it , the right thing to do

Shadownet

Banned
I need to start reading giveaway rules before I enter. Will modbot defect if I don't meet the criteria for a giveaway? I don't want to get in trouble.
You'll get ban if you enter a giveaway and don't meet the requirement. Its a new rule to discourage people that don't read the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom