• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

just tried it again and i still don't see south park in my library

let's all blame it on ubisoft

at least i got deus ex dc backc

Eila

I bought the MacGameStore bundle for Night of the Rabbit and Among the Sleep, which had been on my wishlist for a while. Kept Harvey's New Eyes upon seeing some praise for it, but the rest I don't see myself getting around to playing, so have at it:

Personally I liked Deponia better than Edna and Harvey. Doesn't help Edna and Harvey gave me like 2 creepy BSOD on my playthrough.

Dr Dogg

MX100 for life.
Or at least for a very long time.

As much as I bang on about Samsung's SSD's Micron/Crucial certainly haven't rested on their laurels (hi there OCZ!). What I find quite funny is, that for Micron's mainstream budget drive, MX100's are stupidly fast and ridiculously priced too in a good way. Granted the MX200's that replaced them might be a tad more expensive and only marginally quicker in synths let alone real world use (although the 1TB version looks tempting come Black Friday), the even more budget tier BX100's aren't that much slower are even more crazily priced.

Tizoc

Man I wish I could get MKX Komplete for less than USD 81 for PS4 =/

Until then though
t1434484800z4.png

Time until E3.
Yes I am that bored and looking forward to the internet meltdown.

For reals though stuff I'd like to see in E3
Darksiders 3 teaser
First Look or extended footage of Battle Chaser
STREET FIGHTER 5
JoJo Eyes of Heaven and Digimon Localizations (Former getting a Steam release)

Jawmuncher

Man I wish I could get MKX Komplete for less than USD 81 for PS4 =/

Until then though
t1434484800z4.png

Time until E3.
Yes I am that bored and looking forward to the internet meltdown.

For reals though stuff I'd like to see in E3
Darksiders 3 teaser
First Look or extended footage of Battle Chaser
STREET FIGHTER 5
JoJo Eyes of Heaven and Digimon Localizations (Former getting a Steam release)

If I don't get Dino Crisis you don't get Darksiders 3. Everyone suffers with me.

Teggy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deponia -- MB-40BC4489C2E52189 - Taken by Patison. 1 entrants total.
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- MB-76EC596958540F98 - Taken by 7Sins. 2 entrants total.
The Night of the Rabbit -- MB-1E4FE6ACF59E975C - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 9 entrants total.
Torchlight II -- MB-22604C59F2D2B754 - Taken by Annubis. 8 entrants total.

t1428791820z1.png

dex3108

13 more missions left until i finish GTA IV and i died 3 or 4 times and none of those were in battle XD those were accidental deaths. Does that mean GTA IV is too easy?

Dsyndrome

Beat Pillars of Eternity. All in all I enjoyed my time with it, but I can't see myself jumping on a sequel unless some things were changed. For me difficulty and Companion Path finding are the big ones. While I was on easy I still didn't feel like it was as easy as it should be. There was more than a few big difficulty jumps that ruined the experience. Companion path finding was very annoying in areas with little room such as dungeons. people getting stuck behind each other, not attacking, or running back and forth was aggravating. Going to wait for the Divinity 2.0 patch before I right Crpgs completely, but I just don't see the genre being for me unless it's like Dragon Age Origins. Which is the mix of new and old I need.

Have you tried Planescape: Torment? Not too difficult (outside the end if you don't choose a side for Dialogue and Combat), and the story's the best of all the IE games I've played. Also, Arcanum's a fun one.

Jawmuncher

Have you tried Planescape: Torment? Not too difficult (outside the end if you don't choose a side for Dialogue and Combat), and the story's the best of all the IE games I've played. Also, Arcanum's a fun one.
I'm interested in Planescape since everyone says that is the best one, will get to it sooner or later perhaps.

I can't even remember who ended up acquiring Virgil's rotting carcass. I doubt they are in any position to make a decent DS3.

It's Nordic games. Only way they could do it is if they outsource it, but even then i'm not quite sure they have the funds to do so with a competent team.

Pakkidis

Question

I have Steam installed on one of my hard drives. When I install games it stays on that hard drive. However I recently discovered that some game files (save files, ini etc.) are also installed on my main SSD drive. Why is that?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Question

I have Steam installed on one of my hard drives. When I install games it stays on that hard drive. However I recently discovered that some game files (save files, ini etc.) are also installed on my main SSD drive. Why is that?

Unfortunately, there's no universal standard about where it's appropriate for software to store save and configuration files, so a lot of them default to your Documents folder and the like. Nothing you can do about via Steam. If it's a game that tends to have a lot of really big save files (Fallout and Elder Scrolls for instance) you can always use Symbolic Links to move the folder to a different drive.

Sendou

Just Google Missing Sentries bug, I searched for it one hor ago or so, there are people claiming on a guide is written it's possible to solve this peacefully, dunno if it's the official guide.

Sounds like it's a conversation path they forgot to add in the final game or something? Pretty weird stuff.

Pakkidis

Unfortunately, there's no universal standard about where it's appropriate for software to store save and configuration files, so a lot of them default to your Documents folder and the like. Nothing you can do about via Steam. If it's a game that tends to have a lot of really big save files (Fallout and Elder Scrolls for instance) you can always use Symbolic Links to move the folder to a different drive.

My documents folder is also on my hard drive

Im talking about files buried deep into my ssd i.e

C:\users\name of user\app data\local\

I'm just frustrated its not all under one place.

Turfster

My documents folder is also on my hard drive

Im talking about files buried deep into my ssd i.e

C:\users\name of user\app data\local\

I'm just frustrated its not all under one place.

Blame Microsoft, ca 2000ish.
"Gotta store program data somewhere we specify, no longer in the program directory itself."

Dsyndrome

Sounds like it's a conversation path they forgot to add in the final game or something? Pretty weird stuff.

Yeah, that situation is weird because if you talk with the ghost it seems there's something you can do, but all resolve in a bloodbath.

It is possible according to the guide; it says:
■ [Resolve 13] Continue the conversation, offering the Clever answer
and asking her how long she’s been stuck here, waiting for orders. She
realizes she’s dead and fades from existence, freeing the enthralled
men without bloodshed.
■ Telling her she’s a ghost and luring Crucible Knights to their deaths
results in violent refusal to believe you, and she starts to attack.
■ [Attack] Vow to slay this Spectre. A fight commences.

Bugs suck if that's what this is, did you have enough resolve?

Ricker

Streaming my game so a friend can watch...it works great and all but there is like a 7 second delay for him seeing what I do,which is annoying...is this normal...? we tried to lower the resolution to 480p even but theres still that 6 to 8 second delay...

Dr Dogg

Streaming my game so a friend can watch...it works great and all but there is like a 7 second delay for him seeing what I do,which is annoying...is this normal...? we tried to lower the resolution to 480p even but theres still that 6 to 8 second delay...

I'd say a 7 second delay whilst streaming is pretty flipping good to be fair.

So I got a job now. Gonna start working soon. RIP Game time.

Congratz and commiserations. Well unless you've landed a cushty number where you can dick about whilst at work.

wilflare

that The Flash discount :/ but I need a discount on The Arrow Season 3 to watch them side-by-side (didn't manage to catch it on my Hulu Plus...)

arghhhh decisions or should I just wait

----
any good bundle recently from Bundlestairs, etc?
I just bought the $5 from MacGameStore for Among the Sleep

Turfster

The Old City:Leviathan is incredibly pretty, has amazing music and... I'm afraid that's pretty much it.
Unfortunately, it's a philosophy delivering mechanism that on the scale of walking simulators lies closer to Dear Esther than something like Gone Home.
Yes, it's all pretty, but it's all static (apart from doors and
a collectible thingy
). You don't really interact with the fascinating world of the game, at all.

Also, for a walking simulator, the basic game mechanic - walking - can fail as you get hung up on small pieces of geometry way too easily...

Worth exploring and experiencing? Yes.
Worth the 10€ base price? Eeeeh...

I pay the cost. You play the game. Enjoy~
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Old City: Leviathan -- MB-EE964596A793F81B - Taken by S1n1st3r. 46 entrants total.

t1428875100z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
It's of interest to me :)
But I always assumed SSDs don't bring much on gaming front?

This is incorrect, especially for PC gaming. You will see shortened load times both in game and when using/starting up the computer. There was a period during the seventh console generation where due to the financials of SSDs and the limitations of the PS3 hardware, relating to similarities in hybrid vs SSD performance, that purchasing a hybrid drive was the wise choice.

13 more missions left until i finish GTA IV and i died 3 or 4 times and none of those were in battle XD those were accidental deaths. Does that mean GTA IV is too easy?

GTA, including GTAV, as a series has never been hard.

Hotline Miami wishes it had music as great as Shatter does

Soundodger+ has a soundtrack that rivals Shatter. Those two games are some of the best to come out in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom