• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

LUMINOSITY is cool y'all may have got it from greenlight bundles and the UI and menus are shite but it plays pretty well, it's a clever take on the QIX formula where you have free mouse control over ur ship and then hit the button to send lasers out

play it, don't idle

LUMINOSITY is cool y'all may have got it from greenlight bundles and the UI and menus are shite but it plays pretty well, it's a clever take on the QIX formula where you have free mouse control over ur ship and then hit the button to send lasers out

play it, don't idle

Luminosity was in the Groupees Be Mine 12 and Indie Royale Debut 17 for those who've bought those bundles.

Also, reposting
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Old City: Leviathan -- MB-EE964596A793F81B - Taken by S1n1st3r. 46 entrants total.

t1428875100z1.png

play it, don't idle

Seconded. Really nice little game.

Sarcasm

That would be real cool, if you do I'd love to be added to the list.

Some people really want the Return Bonuses. I feel like I should go to GameStop, buy a pre-own copy of GTA V for PS3 and help you guys out.

Well if I get some a lot of people in need of help, I might just do that. I think I counted 2 so far.

Turns out my wife's cousin has both Playstation copies so I borrowed the ps3 one.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shutter -- MB-9F7D936CAD20BBC1 - Taken by xGreg. 3 entrants total.

t1428808681z1.png

horror game

Time limit's been in Dead Rising since the first one.
It's one of the things that made the game so shit. =p
Time limit is what made Dead Rising great. Kept things interesting, the game was built around being replayed with how short it is and there's multiple endings to attain so it's not as if achieving the true ending was mandatory for a first playthrough.

Time limits also extend into the third one right?
There is a 'deadline' to abide by in 3, but it's so lenient it might as well not even exist. It's sad.

bobawesome

I have come to realise there is a whole sub-culture I know absolutely nothing about. After reading that thread I'm none the wiser.

I did learn there is someone called "bobawesome," maybe my long lost brother, a casulty of the thread.

:3

The temporary ban was fair, all things considered. It wasn't a good idea to recommend a certain school-related anime to someone wanting to find out what "moe" is.

MUnited83

For you.
Fucking weaboos wasting their allowance on backgrounds.

Can't complain, they are funding my summer sale :p. Also have a 12 euro and 3 euro Nekopara backgrounds on my inventory and they have price hikes here and then(the 12 euro one has sold for several times for >15€ in the last weeks.

In other news Neptunia cards are profitable again!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I assume you still haven't upgraded your internet yet?

Yeah, I have to put up with ADSL for another six months. Maybe less if testing goes well. I'm glad the physical construction component of the rollout is over as the weather is starting to get crappy on a semi-regular basis.

From what I've been told, the railgun is pretty neat. The rest of the stuff is just fluff though.

I miss out on collectables? The horror. :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Bundledrunk. adjective. (1) that feeling when you open up a bunch of browser tabs to different turd bundles and just endlessly flip through them trying to figure out which you actually want to buy.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah, I have to put up with ADSL for another six months. Maybe less if testing goes well. I'm glad the physical construction component of the rollout is over as the weather is starting to get crappy on a semi-regular basis.

Did your internet just load my post? lol such a late reply.

JaseC

It's looking more and more likely that there's not going to be a pre-load for the ~36GB (when installed) MKX.

Did your internet just load my post? lol such a late reply.

I always search for my username after a prolonged absence.

dex3108

Three Leaf Clover and the last mission are the hardest.

And GTAV is easier thanks to checkpoints, regenerating health and very forgiving driving physics. Dying takes some serious effort.

Three Leaf Clover i finished after third try. First time Packy went wrong way and just stuck so i needed to start mission again, second time SWAT member spawned randomly behind us and lowered my health to 10% so I restarted mission and third time everything went smoothly.

Police in GTA IV is annoying and whole spawning system where police cars are spawning in front of you is simply bad. I liked police system in Watch Dogs.

Also happy Easter to all SteamGAF members who are celebrating it today :D I know that after today i won't eat egg for at least month XD

DocSeuss

I've got no problem with walking simulators, I just didn't like that the story ended up not having anything supernatural in it (my fault for the expectations I guess). Loved the 90's music from it though, glad the developer got the exposure it did.

I don't have a problem with the walking simulator genre either. I just found this particular game not to be that great, largely due to their approach to one particular character's story (both in terms of execution and actual storytelling bits).

Is there a time limit on that GTA stuff? I won't be getting the PC version till it's much cheaper, but I could rent a PS3 copy and do the prologue at least.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-AB2331A0BA257900 - Taken by Loptous

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 5 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Doom & Destiny -- MB-5C75918A70F13E1A - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Luminosity #4 -- MB-EC91FF6E8E1CD6CC - Taken by Widdly Scuds
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Cyberpunk 3776 -- MB-C6B23361BA498722 - Taken by crazyrabbits
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Luminosity -- MB-03E2E6EDEDCCF75E - Taken by Casimir
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Luminosity #3 -- MB-64488ED73D0FC7EB - Taken by titch
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Luminosity #2 -- MB-D362FF790D066E70 - Taken by NingenJanai

Register the Desura key to generate a Steam key.

Edit: Err, oops. Obviously Cyberpunk 2077 isn't on Desura, haha.

Edit edit: Since it still hasn't been taken, I suppose I should mention that Cyberpunk 3776 is Cyberpunk 3776. I just mislabeled it as Cyberpunk 2077 when creating the giveaway.

Got into the NOT A HERO beta, just played it a little, can't say anything because of NDA, sorry I can't say if it would be wise to WISHLIST it.

Dr Dogg

Bundledrunk. adjective. (1) that feeling when you open up a bunch of browser tabs to different turd bundles and just endlessly flip through them trying to figure out which you actually want to buy.

I've stopped buying bundles now unless A). it contains 3 or more games I actually want on my account and B). don't own more than 50% of the contents. As you may have gathered I haven't bought a bundle in a very, very long time. It was getting close to the point of not being the better deal financially than a regular old Steam sale, though I've got 40 odd keys in my Humble account I really should feed to ModBot sometime.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
My tabs are usually medical studies or case studies I should read. My MCAT study guide is on the keyboard tray on my desk being ignored. d'oh.

:3

The temporary ban was fair, all things considered. It wasn't a good idea to recommend a certain school-related anime to someone wanting to find out what "moe" is.

Welcome to the Steam thread brother/cousin/distant relative!

Closely followed by Bundleregret and finally Bundleacceptance?

Why is it that the Steam store page will say there are 1k+ negative reviews on a game but when I go to read 'em I only see one review followed by:

"You've read all the helpful negative reviews!"

Whereas if I look up the same game on the Steam client I can see all of the negative reviews.

wut?

Why is it that the Steam store page will say there are 1k+ negative reviews on a game but when I go to read 'em I only see one review followed by:

"You've read all the helpful negative reviews!"

Whereas if I look up the same game on the Steam client I can see all of the negative reviews.

wut?
I think its some language related stuff, it will only show reviews on your language

Seanspeed

Banned
GTA-V-returning-player-bonuses.jpg

Soo, in order to get the bonus content on GTAV PC, i must do the "Prologue" mission on either PS3 or X360.
Ah shit, I forgot about this. Cool. I have it on PS3, but I couldn't even make it through the prologue mission due to the framerate. Guess I'll have to take care of this tomorrow. Should make for a pretty awesome back-to-back once I play the PC version the next day, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom