• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagemusha

Does simcity 4 still play great on modern machines ?

Thought i read somewhere that it had a few problems so thought i'd ask .

I played some of the tutorials the other day. I didn't notice anything wrong with the game. I have the GOG.com version. I think I had to change the config to get the resolution to 1440x900. I think you can also do Large Adress Aware. Steam version is similar but it may be a different build number. Not sure about mods. I'm gaming on W 8.1 i5 4670 with 770.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sim_City_4

It's basically shaved ice (not sure what they call it in your country).

Edit: I guess technically it's different. Instead of putting syrup on crushed ice, they freeze the drink, but constantly crush all the ice that forms. But similar consistency.
Ah, ok. I know that! It goes very well in hot summer days.
Speak about that. It was 20 degrees yesterday. Summer is coming and I fear it will be a scorching one.

Knurek

I can't help but be amazed that if I'd count Telltale episodes as separate games (as some people do), it'd be way over the 52games/year quota.

Barbarian

Here's a quick giveaway. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Barbarian:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Barbarian, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Splatters -- MB-AEA7C2FFBC944C9F - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.

t1428773039z1.png

DocSeuss

Welp, reviewed Gone Home (waste of time, awful game), now working on Alien Isolation, which I really liked until the gameplay started.

Yes, I realize that's a weird statement.

It's a weird game.

I like it.

Deadbeat

Banned
Welp, reviewed Gone Home (waste of time, awful game), now working on Alien Isolation, which I really liked until the gameplay started.

It's a weird game.

I like it.
Its good you are saying this now instead of a year ago because you would have had to find a bomb shelter for the fallout.

thread closed ... awwwwwwwwww
Pretty interesting to see that even without the financial advantage of being one system and this probably cheaper prices for Sony, any consumer can build a PC which performs similar with current games.
That's what I took out of it. Futureproofness etc. of course were talked a lot but I think the OP was clear that it disregards that and only focuses on current time.

Dsyndrome

It's a weird game.

I like it.

I've got no problem with walking simulators, I just didn't like that the story ended up not having anything supernatural in it (my fault for the expectations I guess). Loved the 90's music from it though, glad the developer got the exposure it did.

Benedict

It's a mediocre experience, you are not missing much, at least it was short.
To the Moon is a infinitely superior artsy game.

Haven't played To the Moon yet, but Gone Home is way better than most games I played.
FFX for example was a trainwreck compared to Gone Home.

Thank God I have good taste.

Its good you are saying this now instead of a year ago because you would have had to find a bomb shelter for the fallout.

But it was always a very polarizing game...

It's a mediocre experience, you are not missing much, at least it was short.
To the Moon is a infinitely superior artsy game.

To the Moon has a more interesting premise, but the father's story alone in GH is better realized than the entirety of the former.

Gone Home is really good at atmospheric and environmental storytelling, all without any ridiculous hooks. It's exactly what it sounds like, and is all the better for it. I liked it a lot because it told a story in a way that only a video game could - through play.

Also, Gone Home is way better than Dear Esther (through TTM is better than both). Y'all know it to be true, in your heart of hearts.

So is Valve on its annual Hawaii trip then? Something big and potentially very bad is about to go down in CS and the Vive dev kit sign-ups were planned for last week lol

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
So is Valve on its annual Hawaii trip then? Something big and potentially very bad is about to go down in CS and the Vive dev kit sign-ups were planned for last week lol

don't forget you have to take Volvo Time™ into account and adjust any dates they give out according to that ;)

Dr Dogg

It's over. After four days and some change it's finally over.

http://abload.de/img/gta5pl3o8u90.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Mine was finally finished when I got in for lunch. I dreading something silly happening at Rockstar's end and having to download the whole shebang again.

[quote="Ruruja, post: 159730765"]Omg that peak, my sympathies Jase.[/QUOTE]

That was almost twice as much of my 359kb/s peak :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That was almost twice as much of my 359kb/s peak :(

As I mentioned above, it was for a short amount of time. My overall average for the pre-load period is around 145KBps, haha. That's even slower than the connection I had a decade ago.

Maniac

Banned

Wots going down in CS? :eek:

And well, they did say that the date for the Vive sign-ups was somewhat of a loose one. :p

Anteater

so did they disable south park for family sharing?

can't play that shit from my friend's account and the game is censored in my region.

Dr Dogg

As I mentioned above, it was for a short amount of time. My overall average for the pre-load period is around 145KBps, haha. That's even slower than the connection I had a decade ago.

My phone is faster than my fixed line broadband speed, my phone!

The best SSD for gaming

Could be of interest for some.

"The Best SSD for gaming" and then proceed not to do any, you know, actual gaming tests. Don't change PC Gamer. All of Crucial's recent offerings have knocked it out the park and have a drive for every budget. Shame the MX100's didn't come in greater sizes than 512GB or I'd have bough quite a few more.

FoneBone

I bought the MacGameStore bundle for Night of the Rabbit and Among the Sleep, which had been on my wishlist for a while. Kept Harvey's New Eyes upon seeing some praise for it, but the rest I don't see myself getting around to playing, so have at it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FoneBone, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deponia -- MB-B4FDFCB17B6B28AA - Taken by Majukun. 2 entrants total.
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition -- MB-E72DAEA5343F9108 - Taken by Benedict. 24 entrants total.
Torchlight II -- MB-90A744D538504015 - Taken by Freedom = $1.05. 9 entrants total.
1954 Alcatraz -- MB-9410E766750BE7D6 - Taken by Blu(e). 3 entrants total.
Cognition Game of the Year Edition -- MB-4E15EDB7C62747AE - Taken by nightstorm. 4 entrants total.

t1428787620z1.png

Jawmuncher

Beat Pillars of Eternity. All in all I enjoyed my time with it, but I can't see myself jumping on a sequel unless some things were changed. For me difficulty and Companion Path finding are the big ones. While I was on easy I still didn't feel like it was as easy as it should be. There was more than a few big difficulty jumps that ruined the experience. Companion path finding was very annoying in areas with little room such as dungeons. people getting stuck behind each other, not attacking, or running back and forth was aggravating. Going to wait for the Divinity 2.0 patch before I right Crpgs completely, but I just don't see the genre being for me unless it's like Dragon Age Origins. Which is the mix of new and old I need.

Parsnip

"The Best SSD for gaming" and then proceed not to do any, you know, actual gaming tests. Don't change PC Gamer. All of Crucial's recent offerings have knocked it out the park and have a drive for every budget. Shame the MX100's didn't come in greater sizes than 512GB or I'd have bough quite a few more.

MX100 for life.
Or at least for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom