• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

xezuru

God damn, I'm still waiting so hard on Kentucky Route Zero Act 3, and Broken Age, but then shit like Witcher 3 and Titan Souls is around the corner as well, all these games this year.

kudoboi

什麼他媽的你他媽的剛才說我,你這小婊子?我會讓你知道我畢業了班裡的第一名,在​​海豹突擊隊,我已經參與了許多秘密襲擊的基地組織,我有超過300證實殺死。我接受了大猩猩戰,我在整個美軍的頂級狙擊手。你對我什麼都不是,但只是一個目標。我擦,你他媽的出來與精確喜歡其中以前從來沒有見過這個地球上,記住我的話他媽的。你以為你可以逃脫說狗屎我在互聯網上?再想想,笨蛋。在我們發言,我聯繫我的秘密橫跨美國和您的IP間諜網絡被跟踪,現在讓你更好的風暴做好準備,蛆。該打掉你打電話給你的生活可憐的小東西的風暴。你他媽的死了,孩子。我可以在任何地方,任何時候,我可以殺了你超過七百方式,這只是我的赤手。我不僅廣泛地接受了徒手格鬥,但我必須獲得美國的海軍陸戰隊的整個阿森納,我會用它來充分程度為你擦去慘屁股大陸的臉,你的小狗屎。只要你能知道什麼邪惡的報復你的小“聰明”的評論是關於在你帶下來,也許你會認為你他媽的舌頭。但你不能,你沒有,現在你付出了代價,你該死的白痴。我會拉屎憤怒遍布你,你會在裡面淹死。你他媽的死了,小子。

im chinese and i cant even read the first sentence. :(

Lomax

Which is stupid as hell. Valve needs to change the hiddens to actually at least show a description for them or something in the personal page.

Wouldn't that completely ruin the point of hidden achievements? While not every game designer uses them well, some do, to avoid spoilers or to make them something unique to find for people who want them to be. It's not like it's hard to figure out what the hidden achievements are with a quick Google search (or even just comparing to the global stats), but that's a personal choice for each person to make. Just because hidden achievements serve no purpose for you doesn't mean they should be done away with completely.

Now if we're going to request changes to the achievement system, I wish DLC achievements were linked to the DLC itself and not just added to the base game. This would allow more extensive achievement setups for games designed around DLC like Pinball FX2 and mean you could 100% a base game independently from the DLC. But lord knows the chance Valve will ever do anything more with achievements is basically zero.

Arthea

holy smoke, I thought nobody could beat Gone Home in b/s (where b is boredom and s second) but Make it indie! does it, and it crashes to boot. I took screenshot of only one slightly interesting thing in this game, here it is
01B1E5D9382474412F96A05B018459C6B5237D0F

stay away like it is plague or something, so now you don't need to watch it, glad to help

derExperte

Daily Deal: All old GTAs.

holy smoke, I thought nobody could beat Gone Home in b/s (where b is boredom and s second) but Make it indie! does it, and it crashes to boot. I took screenshot of only one slightly interesting thing in this game, here it is

stay away like it is plague or something, so now you don't need to watch it, glad to help

So it's the GOTY for Gone Home fans? On my wishlist it goes.
No.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

*hi five*

Ruruja

Jesus, this team is terrible, I could piss out better players.

34-year-olds on free transfers is the way to go!

I opened it, clicked "work on game" and it crashed. Awful experience.

Arthea

34-year-olds on free transfers is the way to go!

I opened it, clicked "work on game" and it crashed. Awful experience.

You can make it work by not clicking on work on game or trying clicking on everything until it works (><)
but trust me, it's not worth it, I wish I just uninstalled it first time it crashed
Funny thing that "work on game" is only "game" part in this "game" and even that is boring like hell.

Dr Dogg

Started a Football Manager unemployment challenge save, general idea is start at the bottom and work your way up to one of the top teams. Right now I've not found a job, so it's just a case of watching the clock turn.

How bottom? Are we talking Area Conference here? I once tried to do one of the achievements where you have to start in the bottom division and then win the top league but fuck that noise unless you plan that out meticulously or you'll be playing 20-30 seasons and with how bloated FM has got that would probably be 20-30 years to boot.

Speaking of FM I bet there's enough of us in here and on GAF to actually set up a proper full network league. Though that's a monumental time commitment.

Copons

I took screenshot of only one slightly interesting thing in this game, here it is

Damn, if that's what it takes to make an indie game nowadays, I'm gonna become the next Johnatan Blow in no time (except I'm too lazy to stand up code, so maybe not him but likely one of those devs involved in some PR shitstorm).

Long time no see, SteamGAF!

Not even two weeks after buying a new gaming laptop, the AC adapter suddenly stops working, just after arriving to a new country and when I'm actively looking for a job that I desperately need (Got an offer anyways, not sure if I'll take it but yay!). Fun times! Thankfully my mom sent me by mail my trustworthy 2008 MacBook, while I wait for Medion to send me a replacement charger…

Anyways, I'm looking for recommendations on stealth games or similar (where you can kill people from time to time, but doesn't get to run-of-the-mill-shooter levels) that can run on a laptop without discrete GPU. I've been starting playing games with my GF and she has loved Lucius, Velvet Assassin and Hitman: Blood Money the most. Any suggestions?

Copons

Brodzilla 2: Braidzilla

That's... that's actually... not... bad!

I could do some kind of lame ass classic jrpg where you go backward in time until at some point I don't know what to do for the second part of the game or give it a proper closure, so I just throw in a bunch of cute kitten pics and then a week after release I anonimously upload a "Brodzilla 2: Braidzilla ending theories and explanation" essay on GameFAQs where I say that cats are a metaphor for the atomic bomb (also because Brodzilla->Godzilla, get it? GET IT?) or something -> ??? -> profit or at least some spare change from Kickstarter

Anyways, I'm looking for recommendations on stealth games or similar (where you can kill people from time to time, but doesn't get to run-of-the-mill-shooter levels) that can run on a laptop without discrete GPU. I've been starting playing games with my GF and she has loved Lucius, Velvet Assassin and Hitman: Blood Money the most. Any suggestions?

How about Dishonored? Or is that too GPU-intensive?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
That's... that's actually... not... bad!

I could do some kind of lame ass classic jrpg where you go backward in time until at some point I don't know what to do for the second part of the game or give it a proper closure, so I just throw in a bunch of cute kitten pics and then a week after release I anonimously upload a "Brodzilla 2: Braidzilla ending theories and explanation" essay on GameFAQs where I say that cats are a metaphor for the atomic bomb (also because Brodzilla->Godzilla, get it? GET IT?) or something -> ??? -> profit or at least some spare change from Kickstarter

you're a genius ... do it!! :p

How bottom? Are we talking Area Conference here? I once tried to do one of the achievements where you have to start in the bottom division and then win the top league but fuck that noise unless you plan that out meticulously or you'll be playing 20-30 seasons and with how bloated FM has got that would probably be 20-30 years to boot.

Speaking of FM I bet there's enough of us in here and on GAF to actually set up a proper full network league. Though that's a monumental time commitment.

St Albans, the team I ended up with is in the Conference South league, so yeah, a bit of a tough one. Odds are I'm not gonna end up actually going anywhere substantial with the save of course, but I'm interested in seeing where this goes, so after I've won 2 and lost 1 is a bit of a step in the right direction.

Javier23

Banned
Long time no see, SteamGAF!

Not even two weeks after buying a new gaming laptop, the AC adapter suddenly stops working, just after arriving to a new country and when I'm actively looking for a job that I desperately need (Got an offer anyways, not sure if I'll take it but yay!). Fun times! Thankfully my mom sent me by mail my trustworthy 2008 MacBook, while I wait for Medion to send me a replacement charger&#8230;

Thief 1 and 2 are the landmarks of PC stealth games. I would never end rambling on if I had to explain their utter brilliance. The original Deus Ex expands a bit on their formula, and is an amazing game too. There's also the first few Splinter Cells, the two Death to Spies (if you can run Hitman BM you should be able to run this), MGS series (you could emulate the first one, I guess)... Intruder is an AMAZING MP stealth game. Mark of the Ninja is supposed to be pretty cool too (haven't played it though), and you can play Monaco with your gf on coop.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I interacted with the door, I tried all options too, killed all enemies, talked with all spirits again but nothing.
I hope this is a bug :S

I'll try later, meanwhile I'll do do some other side-quests.

You have to progress through the main story a bit to unlock that door, it confused me too.

Basically, during the main quest you'll go to Heritage Hill and learn a new language.
You'll then be able to unlock that door.

Dr Dogg

making a thread is so much work

can somebody make a gurumin thread where i could respond with a few one liner posts

Here you go here's a titled post that looks somewhat official and here's a title pic, details and release date for you to mull over.

Platforms: Steam and PSP I guess
Release Date: 30 Mar, 2015 and some other date a long long time ago

Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure is a fantastic Action-RPG from leading Japanese developer Falcom (Developers of “Ys” and “Zwei” among other classics) featuring real-time combat, stunning 3D graphics, tons of fully voiced characters and mini-games , 90+ items, multiple endings, a rocking soundtrack, 35+ hours of playtime, and more.

Originally released outside Japan on Sony’s PSP®, Mastiff is proud to bring a fully localized and updated version of Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure to Windows and to offer it through Steam with a full set of Steam specific features including Achievements, Trading Cards, Big Picture and Cloud Save.

The Story

GuruminBanner2.jpg

Gurumin stars Parin, a strong-willed girl sent to live with her grandfather in a small mining town. Parin soon discovers an invisible monster village hidden behind her home. She is quickly drawn into a fight between the village’s friendly monster residents and the Phantoms, evil monsters that want to destroy them. Learning of a weapon hidden underneath the village that she alone is fit to wield, Parin embarks on a quest to stop the Phantoms and make the world right.

Play From Your Couch

Steam_controller_support.jpg

Features

• 30 stages of non-linear game play
  • 23 non-player characters, 48 unique enemies, and more than 90 items to collect
  • Brilliantly diabolical dungeons, traps, puzzles and boss encounters
  • Mini-games galore!
  • 5 difficulty levels
  • Hidden characters, modes, and other secrets
  • Supports Windows XP, 7 and 8 at high resolution (up to 1920x1080) and with modern Anti-aliasing (up to 8X MSAA)
  • Full Steam support including: Achievements, Steam Cloud, Big Picture mode, and...
  • Beautiful Steam Trading Cards
An All Star Cast

• Amber Hood as Parin
  • Tara Strong – Cream/Mosby
  • Justin Shenkarow as Puku/Prince
  • Dee (Bradley) Baker as Rocko/Digby
  • Robin Atkin Downes – Pierre/Doug
  • Michael Gough – Hyperbolic/Giga
  • Steve Blum – Motoro/Bob
  • Quinton Flynn – Roger/Poco

Copons

you're a genius ... do it!! :p

I dunno, I fear that after the great reception I got with Brodzilla (IIRC I scored over 98 on Metacritic, that granted me a significant production bonus from the publisher, also me) I could too easily screw everything up, losing all the street cred I piled until now. :(

Man, internet kerps loosing connectivity today for several minutes. Sadly enough for Dark Souls 2 to boot me into offline-mode.

Have to quit and restart the game frequently thus. Don't like the game not going into online-mode "on the fly".

Dr Dogg

St Albans, the team I ended up with is in the Conference South league, so yeah, a bit of a tough one. Odds are I'm not gonna end up actually going anywhere substantial with the save of course, but I'm interested in seeing where this goes, so after I've won 2 and lost 1 is a bit of a step in the right direction.

I've usually tried to do those challenges with either German of French teams as I know fuck all about their lower leagues, the leagues themselves aren't that deep on FM and financially they're all quite balanced on the way up. An easier way way to do a Scottish challenge as they only had the four division but I think as of 14 the Highland, Lowland and regional leagues got added and it's now the most amount of games to play!

That's damn nice OP DrDoggie, as it made me want to play a game (><)
a very nice banner too!

Well the 'banner' was about my only bit of effort :p

Saying that OT's here really don't need to be anything fancy, the thread itself is meant to be the discussion point and focus with peeps talking about the experience of playing. Sure it's nice to have the first post updated with hints, tips and tricks as thy are discovered or memorable and unless stuff for those whole might just stick their head in briefly to get them to participate. Though the trend does seem to be who can claim the AAAA title the fastest and use as a platform to show off their fancy (self taught) Photoshop 'skills' and load them up with PR and marketing materials. A snap shot of info and stuff to hit the ground running is good enough for me. I mean after the thread is open and there's a see of hype posts all that work was pretty much wasted (unless the author gets gratification for their work themselves).

I've usually tried to do those challenges with either German of French teams as I know fuck all about their lower leagues, the leagues themselves aren't that deep on FM and financially they're all quite balanced on the way up. An easier way way to do a Scottish challenge as they only had the four division but I think as of 14 the Highland, Lowland and regional leagues got added and it's now the most amount of games to play!

I loaded a ton of leagues for this, to give me flexibility, but still ended up in the shithole of the Conference, knocked out the FA Cup in 3rd Qualifying Round, which is a bit of a bummer.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, thanks. Luckily it's not a bug!
A curiosity: is Act 3 long as Act 2?
I'm around 25 hours in the game, I still need to touch side-missions (except a couple I completed) and main mission of Act 2.
But I did all available tasks, I think.

Act 3 is shorter, and feels like it was rushed a bit, though there are still some sidequests available.

Act 2 has a major hub and a minor hub in the form of Dyrford Village. Act 3 has a major hub that is made up of three districts and a few areas nearby.

Dr Dogg

I loaded a ton of leagues for this, to give me flexibility, but still ended up in the shithole of the Conference, knocked out the FA Cup in 3rd Qualifying Round, which is a bit of a bummer.

It used to be a bit close to home as a couple of the local teams used to be in the Conference South (one year someone I went to school with was still playing for one of them). Though it does bring back memories of the Premier Manager series where you had to start at he bottom. Kettering Town were always my go to team there. It's just getting a good team together that isn't comprised of a bunch of kids or 40 year olds that I lost patience with let alone trying anything advanced tactics wise that didn't resort to hoofing it up the pitch route one.

It used to be a bit close to home as a couple of the local teams used to be in the Conference South (one year someone I went to school with was still playing for one of them). Though it does bring back memories of the Premier Manager series where you had to start at he bottom. Kettering Town were always my go to team there. It's just getting a good team together that isn't comprised of a bunch of kids or 40 year olds that I lost patience with let alone trying anything advanced tactics wise that didn't resort to hoofing it up the pitch route one.

Aye I get you, basically a case of weathering the storm until you get the chance to jump ship. Stenhousemuir rejected me after I had an interview with them, woulda been much easier to handle.

Ruruja

Though it does bring back memories of the Premier Manager series where you had to start at he bottom. Kettering Town were always my go to team there. It's just getting a good team together that isn't comprised of a bunch of kids or 40 year olds that I lost patience with let alone trying anything advanced tactics wise that didn't resort to hoofing it up the pitch route one.

Choose your 4 pre-season friendlies against Juventus or Barcelona, wahey I'm rich! Good times.

Dr Dogg

Choose your 4 pre-season friendlies against Juventus or Barcelona, wahey I'm rich! Good times.

Then it's just trying to convince players to turn out for Ebbsfleet on a cold Tuesday evening in a LDV Van's Southern League match for £150 a week. Bloody footballers, even the virtual ones have delusions of grandeur.

Uzzy

Then it's just trying to convince players to turn out for Ebbsfleet on a cold Tuesday evening in a LDV Van's Southern League match for £150 a week. Bloody footballers, even the virtual ones have delusions of grandeur.

Thankfully, Messi could never perform on a cold wet Tuesday night, so your fans will still be delirious from your 3-0 thrashing of Barca in the pre-season friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom