• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Thankfully, Messi could never perform on a cold wet Tuesday night, so your fans will still be delirious from your 3-0 thrashing of Barca in the pre-season friendly.

godfather-o.gif

Right fuck it you bastards, I though my days of obsessing over FM were in the past. Time to take the mighty Bath City to Champions League glory!

Arthea

insanity at its best, FM that is. I really wish I had time and will to play it, but it's probably slowest game one can think of.

Dr Dogg

I'm looking forward to hearing Dr Dogg's story in the next version of Football Manager Stole My Life.

TotalFootball did some cracking articles on the break downs of peoples relationships over Champ/Footy Man. Sad that they bit the dust.

insanity at its best, FM that is. I really wish I had time and will to play it, but it's probably slowest game one can think of.

That's why there's the stripped down Classic Mode. It's even got microtransactions in the form of magic sponges!

That's... that's actually... not... bad!

I could do some kind of lame ass classic jrpg where you go backward in time until at some point I don't know what to do for the second part of the game or give it a proper closure, so I just throw in a bunch of cute kitten pics and then a week after release I anonimously upload a "Brodzilla 2: Braidzilla ending theories and explanation" essay on GameFAQs where I say that cats are a metaphor for the atomic bomb (also because Brodzilla->Godzilla, get it? GET IT?) or something -> ??? -> profit or at least some spare change from Kickstarter

Backed!

In for minimum price to get the game

Anteater

Here you go here's a titled post that looks somewhat official and here's a title pic, details and release date for you to mull over.

oh man thanks

I posted my thread
with your information

I was wondering if I should use your title when I was half way through correcting my own while posted the thread accidentally, I only had enough time to correct mine, haha

Dr Dogg

oh man thanks

I posted my thread
with your information

I was wondering if I should use your title when I was half way through correcting my own while posted the thread accidentally, I only had enough time to correct mine, haha

Hahaha you do realise I pretty much straight up ripped that out of the Steam storepage? Hence why it took me all of 10 mins to respond to your post. Though as I said a couple of posts bellow I don't think an OT doesn't need to be some over long, meticulously though out work of art, just a place for peeps to chat about said game. Although my title was rifting off the strange way I posted it in here instead of it's own thread but hey it did its trick so it's all gravy.

Anteater

Hahaha you do realise I pretty much straight up ripped that out of the Steam storepage? Hence why it took me all of 10 mins to respond to your post. Though as I said a couple of posts bellow I don't think an OT doesn't need to be some over long, meticulously though out work of art, just a place for peeps to chat about said game. Although my title was rifting off the strange way I posted it in here instead of it's own thread but hey it did its trick so it's all gravy.

It's more than what I was willing to work on for an OT but yeah it just needs a thread for people to talk about the game.

I hope some of the fans will wake up and post before my thread gets buried >_> because oh god look at it it's already close to the bottom of the page

Arthea

oh man thanks

I posted my thread
with your information

I actually subscribed, even if I don't know when I'll get to playing it, seeing as I still have to finish Transistor and Talos, to play PoE and replay W2 before W3 comes out.
That totally sounds ridiculously impossible, I need a better plan

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Looking at the names of the team members, they are definitively French Canadians.
Almost feel like supporting them just for that.

Although, that really doesn't look like a KS that would fully succeed =/

well they did already make one game, so ... maybe ;)

Anteater

I actually subscribed, even if I don't know when I'll get to playing it, seeing as I still have to finish Transistor and Talos, to play PoE and replay W2 before W3 comes out.

just hop from game to game like you always do ;)

Looking at the names of the team members, they are definitively French Canadians.
Almost feel like supporting them just for that.

Although, that really doesn't look like a KS that would fully succeed =/

Well if it doesn't they can just pull a Silicon Knights and get the taxpayers to back it. :)

Dr Dogg

It's more than what I was willing to work on for an OT but yeah it just needs a thread for people to talk about the game.

I hope some of the fans will wake up and post before my thread gets buried >_> because oh god look at it it's already close to the bottom of the page

Well I'm sure it will gain as bit of traction. Plus if you're still in the process of playing through, posting impressions and/or pics inbetween other peeps posts could keep it alive and informative for a bit.

Playing games? Ha ha haha hahaha hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Arthea

just hop from game to game like you always do ;)

That's the problem, I'm trying not to, that I can finish some games at last :)

Well I'm sure it will gain as bit of traction. Plus if you're still in the process of playing through, posting impressions and/or pics inbetween other peeps posts could keep it alive and informative for a bit.

Playing games? Ha ha haha hahaha hahahahahahahahaha!!!

that isn't helping, just sayin

The insane map size for Galactic Civilizations III is absurd. It just goes and goes and goes. Must take thousands of hours to come to a conclusion. Look at the mini map to see how small that amount of space is in the grand scale.

Turfster

IndieGameStand daily: Rush for Glory PWYW over 1$

WinGameStore has Endless Legend Emperor 66% off (pcgames5off)

DarkBase 01 keys now available for DIG Desura Bundle 3

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh boy, I finally got a booster that's worth more than $0.25! Surely I'll be able to sell it at a good pri-

After doublechecking, the last one I sold was $0.15, so at least this is a bit more.

Although fuck undercutting by that much.

NEO0MJ

Strange question, but is there anyway to limit a game to 30 FPS? I'm trying to play Alien Isolation but I can't get sold 60 FPS and the game often drops framerate wildly in certain parts. Unfortunately it doesn't have the option to do that in the graphical settings. My laptop uses an AMD card.

When I was in college I had a friend who literally wasted several years of his life on CM.
He skipped all the classes, ate in front of his PC and sometimes barely slept, it was sad to see.

Strange question, but is there anyway to limit a game to 30 FPS? I'm trying to play Alien Isolation but I can't get sold 60 FPS and the game often drops framerate wildly in certain parts. Unfortunately it doesn't have the option to do that in the graphical settings. My laptop uses an AMD card.

I think that RadeonPro has a feature which lets you do that.

Wolfie5

Went to GMG and almost bought GTA V, would be only £31 with voucher. But no steam copy = no buy and €60 on steam is a bit expensive. Don't know why it's expensive on steam.

Anyway, ended up buying Batman Arkham Knight(steamwork game) for only £25,54 with the voucher on GMG. A game I was planning to get on day one anyway, now I got it for a nice price :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wouldn't that completely ruin the point of hidden achievements? While not every game designer uses them well, some do, to avoid spoilers or to make them something unique to find for people who want them to be. It's not like it's hard to figure out what the hidden achievements are with a quick Google search (or even just comparing to the global stats), but that's a personal choice for each person to make. Just because hidden achievements serve no purpose for you doesn't mean they should be done away with completely.

The point of hidden achievements is sound. The not showing them to at least give an accurate amount to account for is the stupid part and what needs to be shown on the personal list along with the achievement name and "this is a hidden achievement, achieve it to find out more."

I'm playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC right now and thought the game was farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr shorter than it is based on the public achievements when I go into overlay mode to "view achievements." It's stupid to hide the secret achievements from people that way.

Turfster

Oh boy, I finally got a booster that's worth more than $0.25! Surely I'll be able to sell it at a good pri-

It's pretty much always better to unpack and sell the cards separately.
Forget the chance of foil, you've usually get the same price for 2 separate cards you get for the whole pack.

MUnited83

For you.
When I was in college I had a friend who literally wasted several years of his life on CM.
He skipped all the classes, ate in front of his PC and sometimes barely slept, it was sad to see.

He'll be laughing at everyone else when he becomes a manager of one of the top teams! :p

dex3108

F GTA IV, F R*, F last mission. I can't believe that i need to destroy my keyboard because R* F-ed up and didn't bother fixing it.

Dr Dogg

The way Steam handles hidden achievements is stupid. Having them completely invisible instead of just the description is one thing but then when checking someone else's, having hidden ones show up complete with the title, defeats the point entirely.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Old City: Leviathan -- MB-EE964596A793F81B - Taken by S1n1st3r. 46 entrants total.

t1428875100z1.png

Lomax

The point of hidden achievements is sound. The not showing them to at least give an accurate amount to account for is the stupid part and what needs to be shown on the personal list along with the achievement name and "this is a hidden achievement, achieve it to find out more."

I'm playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC right now and thought the game was farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr shorter than it is based on the public achievements when I go into overlay mode to "view achievements." It's stupid to hide the secret achievements from people that way.

The accurate total number is always there though, where it says the percent you have unlocked. It should be the very first thing you see. Sure, I suppose there could be a placeholder for each individual one, but of all the things to want, that just seems really superfluous. Are you really basing how long a game is on a simple visual assessment of what achievements you've not yet accomplished? Because that seems, well... unusual.

The way Steam handles hidden achievements is stupid. Having them completely invisible instead of just the description is one thing but then when checking someone else's, having hidden ones show up complete with the title, defeats the point entirely.

This I agree with, especially on achievements that are spoilers. The comparison view would be a good place for a placeholder blank on what you are comparing to, with an option to reveal if you so choose. Honestly, I'm almost surprised the hidden achievements functionality exists at all, the achievements integration in general is very simplistic.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty much always better to unpack and sell the cards separately.
Forget the chance of foil, you've usually get the same price for 2 separate cards you get for the whole pack.

Usually, I agree, because unpacking means you're living life on the edge™.

But it's pretty much the same price for three cards as it is for the whole pack in this case. Well, I think the pack is actually a bit more in this case once you factor in Valve's cut, but the difference is relatively negligible.

dex3108

Can somebody explain me how to use W an S to control height, 2, 4, 8, 6 to control direction and mouse to fire weapons with two hands? How the hell R* imagined that control scheme will work? Final mission in GTA IV is not hard, R* made it hard and frustrating. And many missions in GTA IV are like those. You can't kill target until you reach predefined location. And this game got 10/10 and GOTY awards 2008 -.-

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

One of my mates skipped all but a week or two of Year 10 to stay home and learn PHP and whatnot. In what I can only assume was a bizarre administration error, his year-end grades were better than one of my other mates who'd regularly attended class.

Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds got cheevs. If you have an existing save it'll unlock whatever you would have earned. You'll just need to load your save and go into a level.

One of my mates skipped all but a week or two of Year 10 to stay home and learn PHP and whatnot. In what I can only assume was a bizarre administration error, his year-end grades were better than one of my other mates who'd regularly attended class.

I wish I could say the same about my friend but no, 2 full years of 0 progress, then another few years of gradually getting back to a normal life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom