• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozen Eleum Loyce is such a gorgeous place.

Really like the feel of not knowing what lurks around the corner, what weaknesses I have, which rings have the modt advantages.

So much new.

If only those headaches were not here 》:(

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Shame KT's attitude and lack of communication with it's customers is shit tier. I'm sure they'll get it right 5th time lucky with One Piece... well maybe.

they won't - there will be a PS3 version too ;)

guess which one we'll (most probably) be getting :p

rtcn63

Qc8HozH.jpg

It's like they're all the same person, but at different points in time

Arthea

I'm playing Bejeweled 3 and the quest mode is kicking my ass. Also why we don't have Peggle 2? Seriously smh.

because of incredibly stupid EA, that's why
Bejeweled 3 is a damn great game, and we'll never see another one, because of incredibly stupid EA.
Did I mentioned that EA is incredibly mean and stupid?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Frozen Eleum Loyce is such a gorgeous place.

Really like the feel of not knowing what lurks around the corner, what weaknesses I have, which rings have the modt advantages.

So much new.

If only those headaches were not here 》:(

I'm having an awesome time cooping the second dlc area at the moment and I can't wait to check out Eleum Loyce next. B team did a phenomenal job with the dlc.

Dr Dogg

they won't - there will be a PS3 version too ;)

guess which one we'll (most probably) be getting :p

Personal, I don't find that an issue. It's not like they start from scratch for each and every version of the titles they create and I'm going to guess Omega Force has stuff worked out for PC on their previous iteration of their engine seeing as PC versions of Dynasty Warriors existed way before the PS4 was a thing. If they're upfront about what they're offering I don't see any harm in that. My issue is with how their management and PR dodge questions from their potential customers until the 11th hour. Or that modding interview, that while it might had something lost in translation, it wasn't a very good impression to leave. I would say this is a learning process from them but it's not like they're new to this, not by a long shot.

lashman

Personal, I don't find that an issue. It's not like they start from scratch for each and every version of the titles they create and I'm going to guess Omega Force has stuff worked out for PC on their previous iteration of their engine seeing as PC versions of Dynasty Warriors existed way before the PS4 was a thing. If they're upfront about what they're offering I don't see any harm in that. My issue is with how their management and PR dodge questions from their potential customers until the 11th hour. Or that modding interview, that while it might had something lost in translation, it wasn't a very good impression to leave. I would say this is a learning process from them but it's not like they're new to this, not by a long shot.

DE8 could've been a learning process (which of course hasn't stopped them from offering 190€ worth of DLC) - I give them that .... but then we got DE8E (and 160€ worth of DLC - transferable or not) ... and DOA5 (240€ worth of DLC ... and they barely just begun with those packs) ...

... and something tells me One Piece won't be any different ... bare-bones barely functioning PS3 port with a fucktonne of DLC

Dr Dogg

DE8 could've been a learning process (which of course hasn't stopped them from offering 190€ worth of DLC) - I give them that .... but then we got DE8E (and 160€ worth of DLC - transferable or not) ... and DOA5 (240€ worth of DLC ... and they barely just begun with those packs) ...

... and something tells me One Piece won't be any different ... bare-bones barely functioning PS3 port with a fucktonne of DLC

But their DLC policy is the same on each and every platform. It's not like a big fuck you to PC folks only and it's not like anyone is under any obligation to buy it. Plus mods are much easier to implement on PC not needing modified hardware unlike consoles. That's users mods just for clarity.

Functionally DW8 has some issues as does Empires but DOA5 has more expanded options so there is progress being made. It's their communication and two way at that which really needs the most amount of work. Granted I'd not want to listen to a bunch of rude people throwing insults my way either but that shouldn't stop you looking at constructive criticism if offered politely.

lashman

But their DLC policy is the same on each and every platform. It's not like a big fuck you to PC folks only and it's not like anyone is under any obligation to buy it. Plus mods are much easier to implement on PC not needing modified hardware unlike consoles. That's users mods just for clarity.

I don't really have a way to check this out right now, but iirc - those games AND all the DLC is actually a fair bit more expensive on PC than on consoles

Functionally DW8 has some issues as does Empires but DOA5 has more expanded options so there is progress being made. It's their communication and two way at that which really needs the most amount of work. Granted I'd not want to listen to a bunch of rude people throwing insults my way either but that shouldn't stop you looking at constructive criticism if offered politely.

oh, I agree :) never said I didn't ... still - even DOA5 is nothing more than a quickly hacked-together arcade port ... and all those "expanded options" are more or less just simple "ini edits", you know that, man ... I'm not saying it's bad to have those settings, but let's not pretend they made some huge advancements by adding that

Dr Dogg

I don't really have a way to check this out right now, but iirc - those games AND all the DLC is actually a fair bit more expensive on PC than on consoles

oh, I agree :) never said I didn't ... still - even DOA5 is nothing more than a quickly hacked-together arcade port ... and all those "expanded options" are more or less just simple "ini edits", you know that, man ... I'm not saying it's bad to have those settings, but let's not pretend they made some huge advancements by adding that

When you get the chance go have a look on Xbox.com or store.playstation.com. Comparing the prices here they are mixed but work out quite a fair bit cheaper on PC though there is more on offer for consoles too. But that's besides the point, the policy is the same even if there is differing prices plus it still stands to reason if you don't see value in it don't buy it. No point getting frustrated about the presence DLC, its pricing or if others are happy with it if it doesn't interest you, there are far more worthwhile causes to direct your ire at than a commercial business.

And I never made out KT are making huge advances but it's clear that some progress is being made on some front even if you deem it minuscule. Though this comes back around again to their communication and only when I feel that they have started to get that right might I be tempted to buy something they're offering. Since they haven't so far I've kept my money in my wallet (makes a change me keeping to my principles :p).

Pretty exciting that GTA V is finally coming out on PC. Has been one of those time milestones I've used to gauge how far away things are for a while now so I'll have to find a new one.

Bloody footprints better be back in.

Kuroyume

Banned
I'm surprised people feel like that about her. It only seems like Hannah just came out like two years ago and she looked like a child in that.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm surprised people feel like that about her. It only seems like Hannah just came out like two years ago and she looked like a child in that.

It's the cognitive dissonance required to not make yourself a perv in your own mind.

Finally finished Gunpoint after leaving it halfway through shortly after launch for no reason other than my terrible attention span. Does anyone know if the developer is working on a sequel or something new?

Man, I'm disapponted in people.

I've been putting my sign down in Frozen Eleum all day, helping folks out but now when I want to go at the first boss
the tiger
there's no summon sign to be found :(

Co-Op is the most fun.

Man, I'm disapponted in people.

I've been putting my sign down in Frozen Eleum all day, helping folks out but now when I want to go at the first boss
the tiger
there's no summon sign to be found :(

Co-Op is the most fun.

Everyone migrated to the new version :p

I like how From added the word 'moneybags' to the list of things you can write in messages. Pretty sure that wasn't in the base game at launch. Almost like they're self aware about the dick move they pulled off charging for a patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom