• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
For people wandering if it's possible to gift the upgraded DS2 Scholar: it's not.
EDIT: Why Jse wrote DS2 Upgrade will be 8$/4 keys from traders? Isn't gift disabled for this?

I believe JaseC was talking about The Talos Principle. It's $7.49 at the China Steam store and it's a ROW gift.

Looks like there's a bunch of PC games on sale at Gamestop.com. Anyone know how long the sale lasts? The Spider-man games are on sale and I wanted to make sure I got them before they eventually get pulled from Steam.

Dr Dogg

To buy Dark Souls II Rejuvinated Edition or not? 12 squid is tempting. Anyone know it the loyalty discount has a duration?

Didn't Dunder have a Chinese contact?

A Chinese Contact. That sounds like the title of a Frederick Forsyth novel.

Deques

To buy Dark Souls II Rejuvinated Edition or not? 12 squid is tempting. Anyone know it the loyalty discount has a duration?

A Chinese Contact. That sounds like the title of a Frederick Forsyth novel.

I don't know who Frederick Forsyth is :(

I thought the loyalty discount is permanent

Dr Dogg

I don't know who Frederick Forsyth is :(

I thought the loyalty discount is permanent

Dude who wrote The Day of the Jackal and The Odessa File.

Looks that way judging by no timer on the store page or anything said in the release notes. But my trust for Bamco is a little wobbly.

How are Drakensang games?
It seems that they're not as gritty as PoE or DA:O. The graphics is also look more cartoony.

I think some of them don't have the latest version on Steam, like there's a newer version with lots of bugs patched but it's not the current steam version or something >_<

update on Trails SC release date, QA isn't going as expected, so May is already out of the question, possibly June too (._.)
let's hope we'll get it at least in July.

July 2016

Dr Dogg

update on Trails SC release date, QA isn't going as expected, so May is already out of the question, possibly June too (._.)
let's hope we'll get it at least in July.

I've still got to finish FC on either PSP or PC so I'm selfishly content to wait it out. I'm sure it be worth the wait. Well as long as the wait isn't 40 years.

Arthea

I've still got to finish FC on either PSP or PC so I'm selfishly content to wait it out. I'm sure it be worth the wait. Well as long as the wait isn't 40 years.

we waited 8 years already, so that makes 32 for being too long of a wait?
I'm afraid we might have to wait that long for TC. Seeing how long first too chapters take for Xseed.

I found an eBay listing where the seller is selling it for $250. But I want to know if it's really worth that much

damn... now I regret I gave away my copy years ago together with PSX. I have image of it, tho in case I want to play it

Dr Dogg

I found an eBay listing where the seller is selling it for $250. But I want to know if it's really worth that much

There is an iOS port!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_(series)#Lunar:_Silver_Star_Story_Touch

Here's a rough idea of what actually sold on eBay.com

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...lver+Star+Story&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Not all are the swanky Working Designs version though.

Do you know if a discount on DS2 Uber will apply to the upgrade too?
If the game goes 75% off, even the upgrade will be discounted?

I doubt it and if you're waiting for -75% off on a newly released title be prepared to wait a couple of years at best. I know we all have a price of what we want to pay but using some common sense and being realistic you'd know that isn't happening anytime soon.

we waited 8 years already, so that makes 32 for being too long of a wait?
I'm afraid we might have to wait that long for TC. Seeing how long first too chapters take for Xseed.

You never know it might see the light of day before we're all dead. Well maybe.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if Scamco will ever discount the original Dark Souls 2 again. My guess is no.

Dr Dogg

Ah, so it's worth between ~$60-$100

The $250 listing is for a brand new copy

Well they're lowballing... (though saying that it was a signed copy).

On eBay.co.uk it's about £40-£60 so $60-$100 seems about right depending on the luck of the draw you get with peeps looking to buy at the right time.

I'm sitting here and imagining how many steam games I could buy for $250.
what have I became? (><)

A terrible person
you should be thinking how many bundles you can buy for $250.

Is there any way to export categories as some sort of text file with the game info listed?

I've got an Unwanted category of trash I don't want in my library. I go through the games, match them up to their Sub ID, and send that list to support to get the games removed from my account. As you can imagine, doing it individually by hand is kinda tedious.

So I'm wondering if there's some program that could streamline the process. It occurred to me that Depressurizer displays some handy info, unfortunately I can't copy/paste or export in a way that I could easily edit it as text. Anybody know of something that might be able to do what I'm looking for?

tl;dr I want to export a category and it's game info into an editable text format.

JaseC

I think the opposite. Discount base version plus DLCs now make a sense, since they can "milk" the new version. Old version will lost its value anyway.

Well, that's precisely the point. The only people who would buy the original game and Season Pass over Scholar, the latter of which even now is ~25% cheaper, are idiots like me. ;) But I don't see Scamco pandering to a tiny subset of the market and instead will push users to the newer release.

Edit: Oh, wait, SteamDB is reporting the DX9 Scholar sub as the price for the DS2 app since the original sub was yanked. The argument now becomes "Scamco isn't going to make the cheaper option even more attractive."

Arthea

Jasec, have you bought groupees trollbundle for the colouring book of Secret of Magic crystals?
or have you had it already?

JaseC

Jasec, have you bought groupees trollbundle for the colouring book of Secret of Magic crystals?
or have you had it already?

There was no colouring book when I bought it earlier. Cheers for the heads-up.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

K7GXagI.png

Was Bad Rats -- MB-8680ECDD992A970B - Taken by 7Sins
Was Secrets of the Magic Crystal -- MB-85F9DD29BD6B1762 - Taken by Tesseract
Was Bad Rats -- MB-69B52B2637B68BFE - Taken by Deques

I think some of them don't have the latest version on Steam, like there's a newer version with lots of bugs patched but it's not the current steam version or something >_<

According to reviews, Steam version seem okay. After watching some video footage, I think I'm sold. I need another RPG after I finished PoE later this month.

Can someone please gift the groupee bundle to me?
I'll give you a Steam game worth $5 in exchange. PM me if anyone interested.

Dr Dogg

love it :) shouldn't it be a little bit more horizontal, though?

Well I was in the midst of trying to grab a logo for a company name Hardy and something when all of a sudden a mystery modbot giveaway pops up and in my mind Hardy Boys poped straight in. Seeing as every book cover is portrait it's a bit hard to get something you can crop to the same size as Steam game image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom