• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

maybe you should start your own DF then? :)
and no, I'm not being ironic

Fuck that noise. I don't have that much spare time, I'm not going to do something for the 'benefit' of a bunch of yahoos on the 'tinterweb to argue with one another about which toy box is best and I'm certainly not investing money in two consoles I'm not really interested in let alone buying multiple copies of the same titles on varying platforms. Combine that with anything published online these days attracts a right bunch of wallies to your site and if you give them a soap box in the guise of a comments section they will inevitably act despicable. If I want to know how a game runs I'll just buy it myself and see what's the score first hand (worked for nigh on 25 years thus far).

You get the wedding photos taken three months before the wedding?

wut

5 months actually. Thats the chinese way of wedding. The pictures take 3 months to be edited.
Here is an example of how the pictures will look like:

HTh3WIu.jpg

OKqYt1d.jpg

NkiQtWO.jpg

8ACSzdy.jpg

not your personal blog ;)

You mean 5 months. Why not take photos, you know, on the wedding day like every other married couple.

That will also happen. The pics we took yesterday are more like studio pictures.

derExperte

Why did I buy a Kirby faceplate for my barely used n3DS?
I'm 38 years old.
Why am I looking at the accompanying theme in the eshop?
Send help.

Dr Dogg

5 months actually. Thats the chinese way of wedding. The pictures take 3 months to be edited.
Here is an example of how the pictures will look like:

Hold up so you're getting CGed wedding pics?

Why did I buy a Kirby faceplate for my barely used n3DS?
I'm 38 years old.
Why am I looking at the accompanying theme in the eshop?
Send help.

The fabric textured one? I was tempted but I've so far bought the wood texture Mario one, both the MH4 ones, both the Zelda ones and the Xenoblade Chronnicles is in the post. Maybe it's something you do when you're in your 30's :/

Hold up so you're getting CGed wedding pics?

"edited". Isnt that what every photostudio is doing? I mean use a little photoshop magic?

I can tell you at least in two of the pictures I posted it really looks similar even without any editing from the pics we took yesterday.

When we were looking for photogs, most packages include an 'engagement' photo session as well as pictures on the wedding day. Might be something similar....

I dont know how it is outside of Germany, but every couple usually has some wedding pictures at a photostudio before or after the wedding. Mostly those black and white ones.
Just here in China instead of those black and white ones, you go out and have some great pics ;)

Dr Dogg

You don't understand. Over here this IS part of the culture.

I live in Taiwan. I see this all the time, plus those cookie things.

Hahaha oh I'm not doubting that just that I imagine it's not exactly a custom dating back to the Zhao Dynasty but something rather more recent.

"edited". Isnt that what every photostudio is doing? I mean use a little photoshop magic?

I can tell you at least in two of the pictures I posted it really looks similar even without any editing from the pics we took yesterday.)

Well there's a little digital retouching and them there's the work or ILM and Dreamworks. Saying that China is a beautiful country with lots of varied and interesting geography and architecture that on it's own would look stunning.

Sarcasm

Hahaha oh I'm not doubting that just that I imagine it's not exactly a custom dating back to the Zhao Dynasty but something rather more recent.

Cookies probably date that far back, probably further. The picture thing isn't recent but not that old.

Cookies probably date that far back, probably further. The picture thing isn't recent but not that old.

Actually are wedding pictures at a studio something rare outside of Germany? I mean these pictures are similar to a normal wedding shooting in a photostudio.

Arthea

Actually are wedding pictures at a studio something rare outside of Germany? I mean these pictures are similar to a normal wedding shooting in a photostudio.

I've never seen anything like it, wedding pictures is bunch of not so sober people dressed weirdly trying to look merry or something like it.

I wonder if Scamco will ever discount the original Dark Souls 2 again. My guess is no.
No... Jase. Don't say that. Positive thoughts ;_;
Konami execs must be so oblivious. Putting his name back means almost nothing anymore to me. The took our jerbs Kojima from future games. That's what they should change.
Fear Pack (1, 2, 3) added to Nuuvem Super Combos. ~$1.6 for all three games is nuts.
That is indeed a damn fine deal sir.
I have the first FEAR. Is it worth for the Second and Third? Not money-wise but are those games good?
SteamGAF.

Finished shooting my wedding pictures. Damn. I can not wait till they are edited (in 3 months...)

Anything happened over the last few days?
Congrats on the
marital
sex!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Anobody excited about War for the Overworld? Anybody at all?

also preorder for an EA game? Was it done before?

I did post their trailer yesterday, but ... I guess no one reads my posts

derExperte

The fabric textured one? I was tempted but I've so far bought the wood texture Mario one, both the MH4 ones, both the Zelda ones and the Xenoblade Chronnicles is in the post. Maybe it's something you do when you're in your 30's :/

That makes me look like a reasonable adult in comparison.
Almost.

And it's not really textured, just looks like cardboard/paper.

Oh. Okay.

I just thought having wedding photos outside of the wedding (in a studio or maybe outside) is something normal, since even couples in Germany do that.

Never heard of anyone doing them months before the actual wedding. That's like premartial sex. Gross and against god's will.

Jawmuncher

Was able to get my Stalker code from GFWL and redeem it on GOG. Shame my Age of Empires 3 purchase is stuck there. But it was only 10 cents.

lashman

I guess it's up to smaller devs to pick up all of EA's shit ;) first we get Cities: Skylines ... now this ....

time for a proper new Command & Conquer from a smaller indie dev, methinks :)

derExperte

In this German preview they talk about lots of bugs. 'Doesn't feel like a game that will be released in a few days.' and countless restarts were necessary to finish missions. Proceed with caution.

Arthea

I got it through Kickstarter. Played a little of the Early Access version and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to playing it properly with the full version out today.

I'm considering broking my promise not to buy new games for it, then again I shouldn't... with my crusade on unfinished games going and all that fuss, but it's tempting.
Is it as fun to play as DK?

In this German preview they talk about lots of bugs. 'Doesn't feel like a game that will be released in a few days.' and countless restarts were necessary to finish missions. Proceed with caution.
thanks for this, I'll certainly wait then

lashman

So when's the latest GTAV delay, sorry PC trailer coming today?

no need to be sorry ... we all know it's gonna get delayed again ;) they already had one more round of "sorry we're gonna delay it again, here have some screenshots" last week ;)

madjoki

My vanilla stalker worked but that is from GFWL store.
Clear Sky worked just fine. Looks like there's no CD-Key for Shadow of Chernobyl on steam.

It seems Steam just doesn't display key for Shadow of Chernobyl, you should be able to get it from registry.

LegacyKeyRegistrationMethod registry
LegacyKeyRegistryLocation HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GSC Game World\STALKER-SHOC\InstallCDKEY

Sarcasm

I got Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat to redeem, both Steam copies. Going through the Shadow of Chernobyl forums now to see if anyone has a way to dig up the key.

Is your Call GFWL or just steam?

It seems Steam just doesn't display key for Shadow of Chernobyl, you should be able to get it from registry.

LegacyKeyRegistrationMethod registry
LegacyKeyRegistryLocation HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GSC Game World\STALKER-SHOC\InstallCDKEY

Still requires downloading the game right?

lashman

Is that a joke or does the trailer really come in 40mins? :D

Guys, POSITIVITY! If they bring a trailer, then surely there won't be any more delays!

You have to trust companies. They only want to serve us in the best interest.

if they're willing to show us a trailer (instead of just a few more screenshots) it might also mean there's gonna be a HUGE delay ;)

Arthea

Is that a joke or does the trailer really come in 40mins? :D

Guys, POSITIVITY! If they bring a trailer, then surely there won't be any more delays!

You have to trust companies. They only want to serve us in the best interest.

are you feeling well? You need some fresh air, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom