• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Well I was in the midst of trying to grab a logo for a company name Hardy and something when all of a sudden a mystery modbot giveaway pops up and in my mind Hardy Boys poped straight in. Seeing as every book cover is portrait it's a bit hard to get something you can crop to the same size as Steam game image.

ahh, I see ... still - it's awesome :) good job

derExperte

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

12 Labours of Hercules -- MB-63045BD24443CCE7 - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.

t1427971255z1.png

I think I won that one from a raffle and just now realized that I own the respective bundle myself.

derExperte

also....

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

UFO: Aftermath -- MB-2E6FA5D384543CE3 - Taken by TheMadMan007

I think I won that one from a raffle and just now realized that I own the respective bundle myself.

I'm still waiting on a key from Indiegala, Friday weekly 1. Apparently the person who updates keys broke their wrist so they have completely stopped updating keys.

lashman

With an all-new website language, localised customer support, and a dedicated Russian forum, we're hoping to become the right place for all of our Russian-speaking gamers. We’re also adjusting our prices in those regions. For over a year we’ve been offering games at lower prices in Russia and other independent countries that emerged from the USSR, places where game prices have historically been lower than in western markets. Starting today, more games will be priced appropriately for these territories. We've decided to adjust our pricing to the realities of the market, to avoid a sense that you have to pay more to get your games DRM-free or that GOG.com games are more expensive than other stores that operate in those regions.

Just in case you wondering, introducing these price changes won't affect the way gifting works today on GOG.com.

zkylon

zkylewd
You are not lazy you are just scared to open old box. :D
yea dats also true

my dad once found a crushed dead roach in a book so like

fuck old shit

Redeem the code and throw away the box. If I'm not wrong, boxed versions had also Securom.
EDIT: A user confirmed also Steam keys are redeemable.
look, i have like 10 games in boxes

the stalker box is pretty nice

i'm not throwing that away

but i might redeemed it anyways <3

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The enemy changes in DS2SOTFS make the game pretty damn scary again. I'm really looking forward to a full blown replay with my SunBro.

fantomena

For what Ive read so far, seem slike I will just wait for a Scholar upgrade sale. Doesn't seem worth it for PC users.

Will greab the PS4 version and wait for PC sale.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
For what Ive read so far, seem slike I will just wait for a Scholar upgrade sale. Doesn't seem worth it for PC users.

Will greab the PS4 version and wait for PC sale.
What makes picking up the PS4 edition any different than the PC version for someone who already played the game? Other than the higher price due to lack of discount.

fantomena

What makes picking up the PS4 edition any different than the PC version for someone who already played the game? Other than the higher price due to lack of discount.

Well, just to inform you I changed my mind and decided to wait for any of the versions to get on sale. ;) So I won't buy Scholars on any plattform right now.

Biggest reason is that I still got plenty to do in Bloodborne.

But to answer your question: I simply just want DS2 on my PS4 since I don't already have it there, on my PC I already have DS2. Also, if Demon's Souls is getting a remaster which I hope, my PS devices will be my ultimate Souls experience plattforms.

Arthea

That FEvsSMT topic is something else. People complaining that Japanese game is anime now?! What's next? We complain that games are made on this planet?

Nice! Now they have far more reasonable prices.

... for you
never thought I'll see the day

Dr Dogg

What's the actually performance like of DS2 on PS4? That should be the clincher for most folks who own both a PS4 and a more than capable PC. Christ even being able to use DSR should tip it in favour of the PC as well as driver manipulation for better AO and forced aniso.

lashman

What's the actually performance like of DS2 on PS4? That should be the clincher for most folks who own both a PS4 and a more than capable PC. Christ even being able to use DSR should tip it in favour of the PC as well as driver manipulation for better AO and forced aniso.

I think this might answer your question ;)

Ozium

That FEvsSMT topic is something else. People complaining that Japanese game is anime now?! What's next? We complain that games are made on this planet?

no people are complaining that the game is not SMT and that it's pandering anime bullshit

which it is

atlus is dead to me

Arthea

given the choice, I can't understand why would people pick a console version, there is not a single reason, but people do this all the time. Obviously I'm missing some great benefits. ;)

KainXVIII

... for you
never thought I'll see the day

Yeah, but with ours wages new prices are more honest.

Arthea

no people are complaining that the game is not SMT and that it's pandering anime bullshit

which it is

atlus is dead to me

some are indeed complaining it's not SMT, and forgetting that it's not a SMT game, FE is in it on equal rights!
while some are complaining that it is anime, ridiculous as it sounds, not even mentioning rampant hyperbole in there. ;)

Dr Dogg

I think this might answer your question ;)

Eh, not really. None of the areas there are that demanding compared to some later sections or even just going through a fog gate which usually the alpha blending alone can spike GPU usage something chronic. To be fair whilst I do find DF to not be very thorough in there analysis (the main article says there's bokeh DOF in the new version despite looking like a straight up simple gaussian pass) to get to somewhere that would really test the performance is quite a ways in. But hey I'm all for if a job's worth doing it's worth doing right.

DS2's performance on the X1 is some sad stuff.
I'm debating if I should pick it up, I really want to check out the dlc, sucks to be broke.
I have some card money which combined with the discount from owning the DX9 version should give me a decent price.
Having to start over is killing me though.

lashman

Eh, not really. None of the areas there are that demanding compared to some later sections or even just going through a fog gate which usually the alpha blending alone can spike GPU usage something chronic. To be fair whilst I do find DF to not be very thorough in there analysis (the main article says there's bokeh DOF in the new version despite looking like a straight up simple gaussian pass) to get to somewhere that would really test the performance is quite a ways in. But hey I'm all for if a job's worth doing it's worth doing right.

I guess you're right ... but then again - if PS4 can't maintain steady 60fps even in those "lighter" areas I can't imagine it suddenly pulling off 60fps without a hitch when you reach more demanding stuff in the game ;)

SteamGAF.

Finished shooting my wedding pictures. Damn. I can not wait till they are edited (in 3 months...)

Anything happened over the last few days?

Dr Dogg

I guess you're right ... but then again - if PS4 can't maintain steady 60fps even in those "lighter" areas I can't imagine it suddenly pulling off 60fps without a hitch when you reach more demanding stuff in the game ;)

I wouldn't say I'm right, what DF have done does show enough of a comparison between versions for quite a few peeps (and those who like to champion their platform of choice of course), but for me I have a different set of standards.

lashman

I wouldn't say I'm right, what DF have done does show enough of a comparison between versions for quite a few peeps (and those who like to champion their platform of choice of course), but for me I have a different set of standards.

maybe you should start your own DF then? :)
and no, I'm not being ironic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom