• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Dangerous Steam Page

I wasn't aware this was happening. I'm glad to see it.
1315996.gif

Wishlisted so hard.

Had no clue it was coming to Steam. Awesome. One huge benefit over Star Citizen.

Also, many of those who played both preferred Elite.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm on mobile but how much is that FEAR trilogy right now? In USD.

Also how is Natuto 3 Full Burst compared to the new one and old ones. Is it any good?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
GnwMu87.jpg

uh oh .... I smell a shitstorm coming ...

also - I LOVE when devs say "oh yeah, you can add our game as a non-steam game and enjoy all the benefits" ... yeah, because that's TOTALLY what we always want when we're asking for steam keys for stuff we already bought ...

HoosTrax

Oh sweet, just saw Elite: Dangerous on the carousel. Been waiting for that to finally come to Steam.

Hope it gets achievements though. I think I spent a couple hundred hours doing all the prerequisites needed to capture a Xenon-Q ship in X3 Terran Conflict, but it's one of the most satisfying cheevos I've ever done.

oh, here's an even better one ... yup - shitstorm a-brewin'

L2obcAv.jpg

This always annoys me when developers do this, it's such a relatively small thing to just give your customers Steam keys and make them happy, and the "Oh you can just add it to Steam like this..." nonsense is just useless. ESPECIALLY when they said the game wasn't coming to Steam in the first place then out of the blue it pops up on Steam.

I imagine they will be getting a fair amount of "fan feedback" and they will change their minds.

Dr Dogg

So how does distribution and content delivery work for Elite Dangerous at the moment? Stand alone client? Download builds from Frontier's site?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
This always annoys me when developers do this, it's such a relatively small thing to just give your customers Steam keys and make them happy, and the "Oh you can just add it to Steam like this..." nonsense is just useless. ESPECIALLY when they said the game wasn't coming to Steam in the first place then out of the blue it pops up on Steam.

I imagine they will be getting a fair amount of "fan feedback" and they will change their minds.

they already are getting A TON of "fan feedback" in those 2 threads in the community hub ;) and probably even more in their own forums :p ... and on twitter

Maniac

Banned
An animal crossing clone on Steam wold be one of my dream games.

Peter Molyneux should get on that.
Oh yes please. Peter hasn't ruined enough of my dreams just yet... He's still a game or two away.

Speaking of Peter and ruined dreams, why the fuck hasn't anyone ever made a spiritual successor to Theme Hospital? It's a fucking amazing game, ya'll.
Got a tour of Valve today. It was fucking amazing. I love this company so much!

Ya'll... Ya'll got any more of that Half Life?

I've got the shakes man...
Morning guys, no patch for PoE yet, fuck this shit, I wanted to play it later today, Gurumin or TiTs instead.

You can play it just fine though. The fixes'll be retro-active so even if the bug hits you it's just temporary.
Nobody expected this I think. Woaah.

And that crazy high Russian price. Looks like they didn't bother to adjust any of the regional prices.

I did. I even called it, I just can't find the actual post where I did. But I said something along the lines of "I'll wait for it to launch on Steam"

And my stance was further strengthened by Frontier's financial troubles.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Anobody excited about War for the Overworld? Anybody at all?

also preorder for an EA game? Was it done before?

I am super excited for it, but not buying it right now. Too many other games to play, but yes I'll be buying it this year, most likely in the fall. I still play Dungeon Keeper to this day!

Maniac

Banned

L2obcAv.jpg

Their wording is, word for word, the exact same thing they said about Steam to start with. No plans at all to release on Steam, after which they listed a bunch of bollocks reasons.

Glad to see they've realised they want, ugh, you know, more money.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
GnwMu87.jpg

uh oh .... I smell a shitstorm coming ...

also - I LOVE when devs say "oh yeah, you can add our game as a non-steam game and enjoy all the benefits" ... yeah, because that's TOTALLY what we always want when we're asking for steam keys for stuff we already bought ...

Indeed. Us early backers better damn well get Steam keys. I would have waited for a Steam release had I known it was coming.

dex3108

F biking, F puddles, F cars -.- Went biking and came home wet from head to toe because there was one f-n puddle on the street and car decided to pass there right when i was by the puddle -.-

Zafir

L2obcAv.jpg

Yeah it's not going to end well.

They probably want people to pay for it again. >.> I already spent a lot on the damn Kickstarter, they ain't getting any more. Especially after the broken promises.

HoosTrax

Yeah, that's not what people want. If I'd known that the game would come out on Steam and I wouldn't get my backer key I'd have waited and bought it from Steam directly.
Which is why they kept demurring or denying whenever the question of the game coming to Steam came up. Reminds me of what happened with the Baldur's Gate remakes too.

"Nope, just tell em to buy it on our digital distribution site, so we can haz all the moneys."
"What do you mean a lot of people won't buy it if it's not on Steam?"
"Ugh fiiine, sell it on Steam"
"Lolz no, we won't give people who bought it from us a Steam key"

And the early backers get screwed. I would never back a Kickstarter if the issue of Steam keys isn't made clear in writing up front, which it was, in the case of Pillars.

Ah right, cheers. I wonder what's stopping them not letting you use existing credentials? I understand why in MMO's as that's regards to subscriptions and continuing payments that could fuck things up but isn't ED pretty much free from all that?

Everything points at Frontier trying to get us to buy the game again. It's sad, but seems to be the aim here.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
tbh some certain "cinematic" games are better at 30 FPS for immersion, but that's just my opinion :3

I'm playing GTA IV with ENB right now and locking it to 30 with heavy motion blur because the framerate is so erratically trash, so I agree, 30 can be great sometimes!

tbh some certain "cinematic" games are better at 30 FPS for immersion, but that's just my opinion :3
True cinematic experience is at 23.976 FPS, so...
Pretty sure it was a joke. Heavy looks like a nick for TF2 fans aka PC gamer at least.
I apply Poe's law by default.
Of course Poe's law was applied by default, when some console gamers generally act like parody accounts, you simply couldn't tell them apart.

Zafir

Ah right, cheers. I wonder what's stopping them not letting you use existing credentials? I understand why in MMO's as that's regards to subscriptions and continuing payments that could fuck things up but isn't ED pretty much free from all that?

I'd imagine the current sub they're using gives everyone who buys a code to redeem on their frontier account. So theoretically, at the moment, everyone who already owns the game would get a copy they could give to someone for free.

They'd have to make a separate one which wouldn't give a key to redeem. Probably more effort than they'd think it would be worth.

Dr Dogg

I'm playing GTA IV with ENB right now and locking it to 30 with heavy motion blur because the framerate is so erratically trash, so I agree, 30 can be great sometimes!

The thing I found even with vanilla GTAIV is that I can go from one scenario being GPU limited to another just around the corner being CPU limited. Trying to find a happy medium in the distance and density settings was a pain in the arse.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The thing I found even with vanilla GTAIV is that I can go from one scenario being GPU limited to another just around the corner being CPU limited. Trying to find a happy medium in the distance and density settings was a pain in the arse.

The hilarious thing is that I go from playing open world game GTAIV which looks kinda like butt and has framerate flying all over the place, to Far Cry 4 which looks gorgeous and is locked 60 constant.

The WORST part, is I'm visiting family so I'm playing on a 720p TV, so even playing the game at 1366x768 with a GTX 970 it runs like trash.

Man the performance is such a damn shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom