• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
well then .... looks like creating scambots is going to get pretty expensive ;)

Someone posted this already?

Source: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAGK-7663

EDIT: Oh looks like lashman did. Well regarding the actual news: it's about the damn time they did something.

Well, about time.
However, how about those who have already gained levels without spending a dime?

GTA V IS FUN

port is excellent too, no worries, runs like butter on my mid range pc.

Yeah.
I just wanted to try it yesterday but ended up with 2 hours session lol.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Well, about time.
However, how about those who have already gained levels without spending a dime?

apparently it's retroactive, unfortunately ... but then again - there already are hundreds of thousands of scambots, so I guess they figured out it's necessary to make it retroactive

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of fenners, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Coma:Mortuary -- MB-352D6F570D52455E - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.
Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Ep2 War of the Abyss -- MB-36B8A4C2BE29DD21 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Crazy Cars Hit The Road -- MB-C5F3F5FF01E787FE - Taken by BernardoOne. 6 entrants total.

t1429312644z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Someone posted this already?

Source: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAGK-7663

EDIT: Oh looks like lashman did. Well regarding the actual news: it's about the damn time they did something.
that's a pretty decent solution

weird that they took this much time, could've saved jshackles' a couple afternoons

edited: I see zky is back too, I really hope you haven't bought
Bloodborn
yet, don't buy it, I'm saying it for your own good :)
lol yeah, i've noticed it might be not apt for zkylons. not that i can afford a ps4 anyways

frost also told me dks2 ripoff edition made brighstone cove even more hellish so i guess that's it for me for the souls series for a while :T

apparently it's retroactive, unfortunately ... but then again - there already are hundreds of thousands of scambots, so I guess they figured out it's necessary to make it retroactive

I see.
Yeah, you are right.

Currently my profile is set to private is there any benefit to making it public, will I be more exposed to spammers/fishbots etc.

I switch my profile to private and public, on and off regularly.

Ozium

Turfster played 18 hours of that eyes of the world game (the stealth fps game)

it's not out yet and he has played 18 hours of it... is he the dev?

astroturfster

Arthea

Turfster played 18 hours of that eyes of the world game (the stealth fps game)

it's not out yet and he has played 18 hours of it... is he the dev?

astroturfster

you might be onto something here, he is a dev... at least he told so several times, is it iOS port by chance?

Anteater

The kunai upgrade is... disappointing in Strider.

It looks very uncool, what is this shit strider.

I've been looking forward to it.

Anteater

Gaf, whats the word on binary domain and alpha protocol? Good games for $4 each?

Binary Domain is decent, cool enemies/bosses. Shooting pieces and limbs/head off of robots is fun, there're some simple teammate dialogue choices with your team members and the story is entertaining.

It's worth a few bucks, play with a controller tho because I've heard bad things about mouse/keyboard controls but I don't know if they've fixed it.

If you like TPSes like Vanquish or RE or Gears of War you will probably enjoy it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Gaf, whats the word on binary domain and alpha protocol? Good games for $4 each?
I didn't like BD, gameplay felt boring (even though the concept of dismembering robots sounds cool) and characters were completely annoying. It also had many parts were you're forced to walk slowly, while listening to some bad dialogue. The plot was kinda original, but it didn't grab my interest much. I wouldn't recommend it.

As for AP, I played less than 2 hours. Can't tell you my opinion of it, as I can't remember anything from my (short) experience with it.

zkylon

zkylewd
also about my past week...
i may be in like a internet dating thing with cheesecake recipe sadkljaldasjdlkas pls cheesy why did yo make me say this... this is embarrassing lol i regret this already

alpha protocol is fantastic. it's clunky as fuck but it's got some of the best choice and consequence in any game ever and it's just an awesome game all around if you like rpgs

most of the game is just enjoying how you can make decisions and see them branch out in new alliances and betrayals and dialogue and minor gameplay bonuses, i can't think of many games that made my decisions feel so strongly as alpha protocol. the way all its systems feed off each other is just so intelligently crafted, pissing someone off might make your next mission be a bit harder but also may make someone else pleased and they'll offer to sell you mission intel or maybe give you a passive buff or maybe unlock a new dialogue, or give you background intel on one of the characters that you can use as leverage during conversation. it's really really good at that

because of the above, despite its stealth and shooting mechanics being really week, it's still one of the best games of the last generation and one of the best rpgs ever

there's just not many games like it, that you can play it over and over and over and keep discovering new outcomes and situations

very much recommended

(also for your own sanity build your character as a stealth character and make sure you get at least one point into the "chain shot" skill. there's a degree of customization to how you play the game but honestly the only fun way of going through levels is stealth)

binary domain is fine, shooting robots is fairly satisfying and the story and some of the characters are pretty fucking out there in a mostly funny way. i thought the game itself was kind of boring since it's a fairly standard cover shooter but the story was silly enough that for the most part i enjoyed the game.

i don't think there's much to say about it, if you like shooting stuff and you like games that don't take themselves too seriously there's probably something for you in it but it's not like vanquish or like an actual great game or anything. the designs for the robots are pretty cool tho, and chipping them to bits with your bullets is fun

at 4 bucks i'd buy them

Binary Domain is great.

Alpha Protocol is by obsidian. So yes to both.

perfect answer

titch

$1.67 = £1.12 at exchange rate.

EDIT: Oh, I misread you. Some games just have a universal price I guess.

Maybe that's it I just thought they had made a mistake on the uk site as everything else is listed on £ except for bards tale.

Is there any deal show it at $2.49 which is £1.67 with the exchange rate.

Hardly a big saving though lol

kris.

Banned
Anyone know why while I'm downloading something, the download will pause itself and schedule to start again a few minutes later? It's really frustrating sometimes.

XBP

Alpha Protocol is one of the best RPG's of recent times. So yes.

Binary domain is one of the best TPS of recent times. so yes.

Binary Domain is decent, cool enemies/bosses. Shooting pieces and limbs/head off of robots is fun, there're some simple teammate dialogue choices with your team members and the story is entertaining.

It's worth a few bucks, play with a controller tho because I've heard bad things about mouse/keyboard controls but I don't know if they've fixed it.

If you like TPSes like Vanquish or RE or Gears of War you will probably enjoy it.

Binary Domain is great.

Alpha Protocol is by obsidian. So yes to both.

I didn't like BD, gameplay felt boring (even though the concept of dismembering robots sounds cool) and characters were completely annoying. It also had many parts were you're forced to walk slowly, while listening to some bad dialogue. The plot was kinda original, but it didn't grab my interest much. I wouldn't recommend it.

As for AP, I played less than 2 hours. Can't tell you my opinion of it, as I can't remember anything from my (short) experience with it.

also about my past week...
i may be in like a internet dating thing with cheesecake recipe sadkljaldasjdlkas pls cheesy why did yo make me say this... this is embarrassing lol i regret this already

alpha protocol is fantastic. it's clunky as fuck but it's got some of the best choice and consequence in any game ever and it's just an awesome game all around if you like rpgs

most of the game is just enjoying how you can make decisions and see them branch out in new alliances and betrayals and dialogue and minor gameplay bonuses, i can't think of many games that made my decisions feel so strongly as alpha protocol. the way all its systems feed off each other is just so intelligently crafted, pissing someone off might make your next mission be a bit harder but also may make someone else pleased and they'll offer to sell you mission intel or maybe give you a passive buff or maybe unlock a new dialogue, or give you background intel on one of the characters that you can use as leverage during conversation. it's really really good at that

because of the above, despite its stealth and shooting mechanics being really week, it's still one of the best games of the last generation and one of the best rpgs ever

there's just not many games like it, that you can play it over and over and over and keep discovering new outcomes and situations

very much recommended

(also for your own sanity build your character as a stealth character and make sure you get at least one point into the "chain shot" skill. there's a degree of customization to how you play the game but honestly the only fun way of going through levels is stealth)

binary domain is fine, shooting robots is fairly satisfying and the story and some of the characters are pretty fucking out there in a mostly funny way. i thought the game itself was kind of boring since it's a fairly standard cover shooter but the story was silly enough that for the most part i enjoyed the game.

i don't think there's much to say about it, if you like shooting stuff and you like games that don't take themselves too seriously there's probably something for you in it but it's not like vanquish or like an actual great game or anything. the designs for the robots are pretty cool tho, and chipping them to bits with your bullets is fun

at 4 bucks i'd buy them

Cheers guys. Sounds really good for $3.3 (after using coupon). Love playing RPGs so I think AP should be right up my alley. Plus binary domain sounds interesting as well, who wouldn't love shooting robots?

@zkylon, thanks for those tips. Downloading the game now, lets see how it goes.

Uzzy

Ghost in the Machine? Excitement rising.. and then I see it's got nothing to do with what I'd be interested in.

Warhammer 40k Chess might be cool though. I wish the Chessmaster series was still around.

zkylon

zkylewd
@zkylon, thanks for those tips. Downloading the game now, lets see how it goes.
yeah essentially the game is a very simple stealth/shooter game depending on how you build your character. there's also some melee combat but yeah, the combat's not great

the stealth's pretty straightforward but since it's so tied to the leveling system you get into a like deus ex mode later on in which you can turn invisible or run without making noise and stuff which is pretty silly but is imo much more fun than the shooting upgrades

chain shot is a pistol skill that you unlock very early (i think it's like 3 or 4 points into the pistols tree?) that's key to defeating bosses, as bosses are really really difficult without it

there's other things you can do to bosses thanks to intel and decisions and whatnot that make boss fights easier but unlocking the first few ranks of chain shot is just a really easy way to making sure you're never stuck on a boss

i also recommend if you want to immediately after you beat it (if you like it) to start over and do a playthrough trying to be the biggest asshole you can be

few games allow you to be such a huge jerk as alpha protocol, it's amazing

dam what did he do?

Ghost in the Machine? Excitement rising.. and then I see it's got nothing to do with what I'd be interested in.
yeah, here i was hoping it'd be a korean f2p tf2 clone...

Backlogger

Did anyone jump on that Humble deal for Divinity Original Sin? I see its cheaper on GOG but really looking for a Steam key and I am pretty sure Steam has had the GOG price so might hold out. Really wanting to pick that game up, just wish it would get slightly lower in price.

Is alpha protocol in sale somewhere? I see it mentioned earlier.

Looks like Green Man Gaming is having a SEGA sale this weekend: http://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom