• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Really? All? I liked the Big Fish ones - Mystery Case Files - back in the day. Well, they lost their way later on, preferring to rely on FMV, but some of the earlier ones had good production quality.

I just remembered that I lied, I kinda liked one more Alchemy mysteries: Prague legends, but I had this strong suspicion, that this game is inspired by AM games :)

Now we need Action Unleashed; the one that would benefit the most from an increase framerate.

it's only matter of time!
and sales

Excited for this game, morningbus?

why this game doesn't have subtitle "morningbus the game", seems like serious oversight

dex3108

Apparently MS pushed Windows 10 through Windows Update today. Can you check it SteamGAF? After 10 minutes my Win 8.1 is still checking for updates.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Apparently MS pushed Windows 10 through Windows Update today. Can you check it SteamGAF? After 10 minutes my Win 8.1 is still checking for updates.

That doesn't sound right. The tech preview just ended 2 days ago. It's going to take a bit of time to get everything polished up before release. In fact, officially, it's still slated for a "late 2015" release window.

Parsnip

That doesn't sound like something they would do. I mean, pushing an unfinished OS to Windows update? Citation needed.

dex3108

That doesn't sound right. The tech preview just ended 2 days ago. It's going to take a bit of time to get everything polished up before release. In fact, officially, it's still slated for a "late 2015" release window.

None of the Windows-centric sites I frequent reported that and there's nothing in my WU.

Maybe they made mistake and pushed Preview accidentally. No i can't even open Windows Update from CP. XD

Darkroronoa

Just finished Deponia. I haven't laughed that much from a game for a long time (well i played hector a few months back ;p).
Very funny writing, great art, great voice acting and the protagonist is hilarious. It was hard at times and i checked a guide 3 times total but all 3 times i just had missed some items and a hotspot (and the game had a hotspot indicator :|).
I have to get both sequels soon!

Just finished Deponia. I haven't laughed that much from a game for a long time (well i played hector a few months back ;p).
Very funny writing, great art, great voice acting and the protagonist is hilarious. It was hard at times and i checked a guide 3 times total but all 3 times i just had missed some items and a hotspot (and the game had a hotspot indicator :|).
I have to get both sequels soon!

Did...did we play the same game?

Uzzy

You are still waiting for the 2nd and 7th volume IIRC.

The Last Wish (short stories), Blood of Elves, Times of Contempt and Baptism of Fire are all available in English. The Sword of Destiny (short stories) is coming out in English next month to coincide with the release of Witcher 3, while the last two books in the Witcher saga, The Swallow's Tower and Lady of the Lake, are scheduled to come out 2016/2017.

Really quite annoying. I devoured the Witcher books that were actually translated last year, only to end up waiting for the rest of them.

titch

So uh...
Daily Eador Masters of the Broken World 85% off

Humble weekend RPG Weekend
  • Bard's Tale 74% off

Think this might be miss-priced in the UK anyway - priced as being in $1.67 which should be £1.67 so you actually get it for £1.12.

I know not many folk will likely be interested in it but i loved the originals and they come with it.

Bit of a fan Stump? :)

Lain

dex3108

Ok my PC started acting weird. Booting is lightning fast (i use SSD) but restarting takes 5-6 minutes even after i shut down all apps and windows. And when i open Windows Update from CP that window just freezes.

zkylon

zkylewd
hey guys

sorry for disappearing these past couple days. believe me they have been weird as f

sorry to all the ppl that worried about me and like pm'd me or messaged me on steam, but thanks for caring <3

will try to be more active again :>

didn't play much during these days, but beaten samaritan paradox pretty much completely using guides. didn't care much for it, the story seemed like it had potential and the whole cryptology thing was kind of cool but mainly the obtuse, clunky puzzles just brought the whole thing down. i kinda wanted to play it because i heard it dealt with
child abuse
and i thought that was rare in videogames but it doesn't really do much with it or anything of its story, really.

Sendou

Someone posted this already?

Why can't I access certain Steam features?

We've chosen to limit access to these features as a means of protecting our customers from those who abuse Steam for purposes such as spamming and phishing.

How do I gain access to these features?

You will need to spend at least $5.00 USD within the Steam store.
Some examples of purchases that grant access to these features are:

* Adding the equivalent of $5 USD or more to your Steam Wallet
* Purchasing game(s) that are equal to $5 USD or more from the Steam store
* Adding a Steam Wallet card to your Steam account
* Purchasing a Steam gift from the Steam store (Receiving a Steam gift from a friend doesn't count)

Each Steam purchase total will be tracked in USD. If your Steam store's currency isn't in USD, it will be tracked and converted to USD automatically using daily exchange rates.

What features are unavailable to me?

Sending friend invites
Opening group chat
Voting on Greenlight, Steam Reviews and Workshop items
Participating in the Steam Market
Posting frequently in the Steam Discussions
Gaining Steam Profile Levels and Trading Cards
Submitting content on the Steam Workshop
Posting in an item's Steam Workshop Discussions
Accessing the Steam Web API
Using browser and mobile chat

Source: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAGK-7663

EDIT: Oh looks like lashman did. Well regarding the actual news: it's about the damn time they did something.

Arthea

I finally understand the Rage I witnessed in this thread some time ago.
I'm convinced now that Amplitude really doesn't have a clue what easy means (><)
I'm talking about Endless dungeon. I actually like it, but such blatant constant lack of any resources even on easy, damn devs... you are mean.

edited: I see zky is back too, I really hope you haven't bought
Bloodborn
yet, don't buy it, I'm saying it for your own good :)

derExperte

I finally understand the Rage I witnessed in this thread some time ago.
I'm convinced now that Amplitude really doesn't have a clue what easy means (><)
I'm talking about Endless dungeon. I actually like it, but such blatant constant lack of any resources even on easy, damn devs... you are mean.

How far did you make it? And there's an 'Too easy' mode. Mocking us.

DmAc2k6

I don't use Origin so I'm giving all of the games away plus a few Steam spares from Humble Origin Bundle 2. Aside from Dragon Age II, all of the games are only redeemable for Windows.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DmAc2k6, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
9 Origin Games (Origin) -- MB-668C3856D090FB21 - Taken by Catshade. 10 entrants total.

- Dragon Age: Origins
- Peggle
- Dead Space 2
- Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour
- Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
- Dragon Age II [Redeemable for Mac]
- Bejeweled 3
- Mass Effect 2

Steam Keys

Bejeweled 3 -- MB-85658CE639E9A88A - Taken by yoshizzle. 3 entrants total.
Dead Space 2 -- MB-3EF3FD36C95A7BEA - Taken by dot. 4 entrants total.

t1429317684z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
As someone who never played it, how much of this excitement is genuine, and how much is nostalgia? Is this a legitimately good game or just one people remember playing from that disc with a bunch of games on it when they were a kid?

I liked it enough that I coded a clone of the game to get a girl to go on a date with me, and I still believe the puzzles are best of breed (because the game is an interesting mix of square-by-square movement and time-based movement, because there's a wide variety of mechanics, and because the amount of content is enormous), but honestly I'm not super interested in converting anyone to play anything so if it seems to you to be more the product of nostalgia then there's lots of other stuff to play on Steam.

Arthea

How far did you make it? And there's an 'Too easy' mode. Mocking us.

I didn't finish it, I saved and quit, not really in rage but close (><)
I can't leave the crystal because I no longer am able to get back to it in time, so I left one hero there with healing module hoping he can kill those buggers that spawn in dark rooms, and I can no longer power new rooms at all, without losing all modules and losing for good. I don't see any way how this can end good, any at all. And it is called easy! outrageous!

talking about Chip's Challenge, they totally look like my kind of games. That reminds me, I have to go and wishlist them.

Ruruja

Think this might be miss-priced in the UK anyway - priced as being in $1.67 which should be £1.67 so you actually get it for £1.12.

I know not many folk will likely be interested in it but i loved the originals and they come with it.

$1.67 = £1.12 at exchange rate.

EDIT: Oh, I misread you. Some games just have a universal price I guess.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
GTA V IS FUN

port is excellent too, no worries, runs like butter on my mid range pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom