• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accoun

Jedi Outcast is so good :)
I really loved that in the beginning you were forced (heh) to use guns and only later the lightsaber and jedi-weapons were unlocked. If everything was unlocked from the get-go, I would have never bothered with traditional weapons but instead I cycled furiously through all my arsenal.
Such a great game.

I think it was a mistake that they abandoned traditional singleplayer campaign with one character. It hurt the sequel.

By the last paragraph, you mean Jedi Academy? I don't remember abandoning one character in it. Unless you mean using create-a-Jedi instead of properly designed character, then yeah. In SP Jedi Academy was inferior because of everything you've mentioned (MP on the other hand... :3). While in JK2 finally getting back the lightsaber felt like an achievement, in Academy it just... was there. They actually took it away from you during that one mission where you got caught and had to escape but it was only that - one missing that felt kinda like an afterthought. "I guess we shouldn't let the player use the lightsaber the whole game, eh?"

from my own play i've been focusing on food and the building resource (the red one) and trying to asap get one of the characters to learn the skill that lets them work on a machine (i think the sword lady gets it at level 4?)

so i leave that character working on the machine while my other character that's more fight-oriented just walks around exploring rooms desperately trying to find some more people to add to the party

i haven't found that much use for the science stuff or like the drones and shit, except maybe upgrading the food machine

Wait, the characters level up? I still haven't noticed that, and maybe I'm rushing through the floors

By the last paragraph, you mean Jedi Academy? I don't remember abandoning one character in it. Unless you mean using create-a-Jedi instead of properly designed character, then yeah. In SP Jedi Academy was inferior because of everything you've mentioned (MP on the other hand... :3). While in JK2 finally getting back the lightsaber felt like an achievement, in Academy it just... was there. They actually took it away from you during that one mission where you got caught and had to escape but it was only that - one missing that felt kinda like an afterthought. "I guess we shouldn't let the player use the lightsaber the whole game, eh?"
Yep, I meant Academy. You really hit the nail so perfect with your post. That is exactly what I meant.. only better worded :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Wait, the characters level up? I still haven't noticed that, and maybe I'm rushing through the floors

you need to level then manually in their character menu by giving them food

takes like 25 food or something for the first level up and goes pretty high pretty quick

so far i had best luck just keeping a couple people high level while the rest just work the machines and/or occupy dark rooms

Grief.exe

Getgames Mac sale. Most of these are steam keys, and ALL BUT BLACK OPS should be steamplay.

I've been waiting for another Get Games Max sale to grab COD2. Looks like they didn't lower their prices as much as they generally do. Just matching Activision's prices on Steam at this point.

Dsyndrome

I know most of y'all get every bundle game that moves, how many get games do you have on something else that you get on STEAM cheap for achievements? I've got Witcher 2 on GOG, keep going back to wanting it on STEAM for the cheevos, even if I miss half of them because of where I'm at in the game.

Lomax

I know most of y'all get every bundle game that moves, how many get games do you have on something else that you get on STEAM cheap for achievements? I've got Witcher 2 on GOG, keep going back to wanting it on STEAM for the cheevos, even if I miss half of them because of where I'm at in the game.

Every time Witcher 2 hits $4 on Steam I'm tempted to double dip, and every time I have resisted. But then again, if I had actually double dipped, I might have gotten back to playing it,

I'm pretty sure 90% of people that bitch about battlelog haven't actually used it. Incredibly easy to use and features the quick, snappy performance of a browser.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Bring ANARCHY REIGNS to Steam you fucks

upvote if agree

I would upvote it if you upvote RoF/EoE for me.
2130541-resonance_of_fate_art.jpg

Vazra

I have that game on PS3 but am too dumb to understand the battle system and get rekt 1/3 the way through..

+1 for raisins tho

Send Machine Guns User to weaken up the enemies and then send the handgun user to deal the real damage.

Also you could watch the video tutorial that was uploaded cause no one understood the in game tutorial apparently.

I remember the arena teaching you how to play well enough, I got through the game without issues. Was pretty basic though.

Edit: The tutorial that is, meant in terms of presentation. Game certainly isn't as complicated as it seems at first glance though.

Vazra

Once you figure out what to do with the combat everything was easy. There was also easy exploitable areas to grind money and materials.

the wait is over!

wild seasons is out, finally!

.. and it is in Early Access

how can that be?
the game was finished and about to be released this year!
EA? that's so not fair.

That's pretty exciting. Their timing couldn't be worse, though, since Story of Seasons has only been out for a couple of weeks. It's great for people who don't have a 3DS and who remember older Harvest Moon games fondly, so that's something. Maybe when it hits full release I'll have slowed down on SoS sufficiently to take a look at it.

Battlelog was actually Dice's best server browser to date. Their browser in Bad Company 2 was terrible for example.

Actually a genius idea to detach the implementation from the game. Makes it easy to update from their end, and can easily be modified on the user's end as well.

Agreed. Battlelog was phenomenal. A click away from finding a server or a friend to play with - and the the loading of the map can commence as soon as I click join.

More game needs server browser outside the game.

Battlelog was actually Dice's best server browser to date. Their browser in Bad Company 2 was terrible for example.

Actually a genius idea to detach the implementation from the game. Makes it easy to update from their end, and can easily be modified on the user's end as well.

Yeah, I never got the disdain for Battlelog. The only time it hasn't worked for me was when I didn't have the addon installed.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

As someone who played a fair amount of BC2 and exclusively with friends in a squad, Battlelog is a piece of shit and I would take BC2's setup over it any day.

Steam Accounts Must Spend $5 to Become "Full Accounts"

In an effort to combat phishing, Steam accounts must now spend $5 to become "Full Accounts"

"We've chosen to limit access to these features as a means of protecting our customers from those who abuse Steam for purposes such as spamming and phishing. "

Limited users are prevented from accessing several features on Steam, including but not limited to:
Sending friend invites
Opening group chat
Voting on Greenlight, Steam Reviews and Workshop items
Participating in the Steam Market
Posting frequently in the Steam Discussions
Gaining Steam Profile Levels and Trading Cards
Submitting content on the Steam Workshop
Posting in an item's Steam Workshop Discussions
Accessing the Steam Web API
Using browser and mobile chat

More Info on the Support Page about Limited User Accounts:
- https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAGK-7663

MUnited83

For you.
Steam Accounts Must Spend $5 to Become "Full Accounts"

In an effort to combat phishing, Steam accounts must now spend $5 to become "Full Accounts"

"We've chosen to limit access to these features as a means of protecting our customers from those who abuse Steam for purposes such as spamming and phishing. "

Limited users are prevented from accessing several features on Steam, including but not limited to:
Sending friend invites
Opening group chat
Voting on Greenlight, Steam Reviews and Workshop items
Participating in the Steam Market
Posting frequently in the Steam Discussions
Gaining Steam Profile Levels and Trading Cards
Submitting content on the Steam Workshop
Posting in an item's Steam Workshop Discussions
Accessing the Steam Web API
Using browser and mobile chat

More Info on the Support Page about Limited User Accounts:
- https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAGK-7663

people are reallly really really averse to read the previous page, aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom