• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Defend Your Life got cards.

I hope they'll do a Free Weekend for Killing Floor 2 at some point, I wasn't able to try the beta and I'd like to know if the game runs well on my config even if I met the "reccomended" requirements

Phawx

• Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
    [*]Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
  • Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
  • Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
  • Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
  • YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
  • Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
  • Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
  • Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
    [*]Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
  • Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
  • Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support
  • Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew

The first bolded one. That's hilarious to me.

Knurek

Niiiiiiiiiiiice.
Come on XSEED, gimme dat Xanadu Next
Dat Zwei Duology
DINOSAUR RESURRECTION
There are no dinosaurs in Dinosaur Resurrection

Speaking of Falcom, I've just fondled a 4 years old boy in Ys II. :\
Should I expect a visit from crowdfunded Chris Hansen soon?

Arthea

Do you also hate tower defense? Then no. I only played 30 minutes so far and I'm not yet 100% sure but it's a unique mix I haven't seen before.

unique mix you say... that was a wrong thing to point out!
dlling now

Speaking of Falcom, I've just fondled a 4 years old boy in Ys II. :\
Should I expect a visit from crowdfunded Chris Hansen soon?

yes, yes you should, hide while you can

Jedi Outcast is awesome. I haven't played it in forever. The lightsaber is really fun to use.

It's well known scientific fact, that the lightsaber makes any game more fun, even Phantasy Star used to resort to adding those for this reason.

fenners

Bundletrash!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Coma:Mortuary -- MB-352D6F570D52455E - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.
Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Ep2 War of the Abyss -- MB-36B8A4C2BE29DD21 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Crazy Cars Hit The Road -- MB-C5F3F5FF01E787FE - Taken by BernardoOne. 6 entrants total.

t1429312644z1.png

derExperte

unique mix you say... that was a wrong thing to point out!
dlling now

rpg + tower defense + rogue-like + round based mixed with real time + pixellook + great soundtrack

But make sure to read all the tutorial windows or you may end up confused. And I get the feeling it will become very hard fast.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So thanks to galyonkin who got an API set up for Enhanced Steam, this will be available in the next release:

You'll be able to disable it in the options page if you'd prefer not to see it, but I think it will provide a bit more insight than what is currently available and should help people make more informed purchasing decisions.

bakeray

So thanks to galyonkin who got an API set up for Enhanced Steam, this will be available in the next release:

You'll be able to disable it in the options page if you'd prefer not to see it, but I think it will provide a bit more insight than what is currently available and should help people make more informed purchasing decisions.
Awesome, thanks to the both of you!

Arthea

They're quite good, but it feels weird recommending hidden-object games to people who've never played them. Still, with so many Steamgaffers buying bundles, it's a bit easier to say "You've bought it, just play it already!"

I thought it's weird too, but trust me, it's not weird, I tried to play like 5 or 6 hidden object games from different developers after warming up to Artifex Mundi games and I hated them all. I still hate all hidden object games aside Artifex Mundi ones, they definitely have their magic, shanghai varied puzzles is part of that magic.

MUnited83

For you.
Damn. I think I'm going to have to get Witcher 3 on Steam. I was going to use my GCU discount at Best Buy to bring it to $48 then get the bonus $10 on top of that but since it's DRM free, there isn't a key code in sight. It would literally be a PC game on DVD. Ugh. Who wants physical media???

This is GTA V all over again. I'm going to pay a premium just to have it on steam. Or in this case, a digital copy.
Shoulda had bought a Russian gift. Went as low as 14/15$

Turfster

So uh...
Daily Eador Masters of the Broken World 85% off

Humble weekend RPG Weekend
  • Witcher 1 & 2 75% off
  • Wasteland 77% off
  • Wasteland 2 50% off
  • RPG Maker VX Ace 80% off
  • RPG Maker Adventure Bundle 74% off
  • Darksiders Franchise Pack 80% off
  • Darksiders 75% off
  • Darksiders II 75% off
  • Van Helsing Complete 66% off
  • Van Helsing II Complete 66% off
  • Grim Dawn 40% off
  • Oceanhorn 25% off
  • Avernum Crystal Souls 24% off
  • Divinity Original Sin 33% off
  • bit Dungeon II 40% off
  • Legend of Grimrock 75% off
  • Legend of Grimrock II 40% off
  • Lords of Xulima 50% off
  • Evoland 74% off
  • Arcania & Gothic Bundle 80% off
  • Aveyond franchise 75% off
  • Fearless Fantasy 62% off
  • Bard's Tale 74% off
  • Skyborn 75% off
  • The Book of Legends 82% off

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KainXVIII, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KainXVIII, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

DOMESTIC DOG -- MB-BD7CB393D45466D7 - Taken by Kryptonite. 8 entrants total.

t1429306163z1.png

DmAc2k6

I just wanted to clarify before I buy Humble Origin Bundle 2...

If I buy the 2nd tier right away, will all nine games be under one Origin key? And for the Origin games with a Steam key also included, they are separate right? They can both be redeemed?

If I buy the 2nd tier right away, will all nine games be under one Origin key? And for the Origin games with a Steam key also included, they are separate right? They can both be redeemed?

One key for all the Origin games, separate keys for Steam.

inm8num2

Looks great!

Turfster

Yes. And yes.

So uh...
Daily Eador Masters of the Broken World 85% off

Humble weekend RPG Weekend
  • Witcher 1 & 2 75% off
  • Wasteland 77% off
  • Wasteland 2 50% off
  • RPG Maker VX Ace 80% off
  • RPG Maker Adventure Bundle 74% off
  • Darksiders Franchise Pack 80% off
  • Darksiders 75% off
  • Darksiders II 75% off
  • Van Helsing Complete 66% off
  • Van Helsing II Complete 66% off
  • Grim Dawn 40% off
  • Oceanhorn 25% off
  • Avernum Crystal Souls 24% off
  • Divinity Original Sin 33% off
  • bit Dungeon II 40% off
  • Legend of Grimrock 75% off
  • Legend of Grimrock II 40% off
  • Lords of Xulima 50% off
  • Evoland 74% off
  • Arcania & Gothic Bundle 80% off
  • Aveyond franchise 75% off
  • Fearless Fantasy 62% off
  • Bard's Tale 74% off
  • Skyborn 75% off
Humble sale is OK. Eador should be avoided - it's fundamentally flawed in the worst way possible... it's repetitive, slow, and monotonous.

Instead of Eador, get Age of Wonders 3 instead; the base game and DLC are all completely worth it.

I thought it's weird too, but trust me, it's not weird, I tried to play like 5 or 6 hidden object games from different developers after warming up to Artifex Mundi games and I hated them all. I still hate all hidden object games aside Artifex Mundi ones, they definitely have their magic, shanghai varied puzzles is part of that magic.

Really? All? I liked the Big Fish ones - Mystery Case Files - back in the day. Well, they lost their way later on, preferring to rely on FMV, but some of the earlier ones had good production quality.

That's a nice feature to have integrated on ES

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
well then .... looks like creating scambots is going to get pretty expensive ;)

Limited User Accounts
Note:

CD Keys, retail purchases, and gifts do not remove limited user restrictions. See How do I gain access to these features? below for more information.

Steam Support cannot remove this limited user status from your account.

Why can't I access certain Steam features?

We've chosen to limit access to these features as a means of protecting our customers from those who abuse Steam for purposes such as spamming and phishing. Read more...
How do I gain access to these features?

You will need to spend at least $5.00 USD within the Steam store.

Some examples of purchases that grant access to these features are:

• Adding the equivalent of $5 USD or more to your Steam Wallet
  • Purchasing game(s) that are equal to $5 USD or more from the Steam store
  • Adding a Steam Wallet card to your Steam account
  • Purchasing a Steam gift from the Steam store (Receiving a Steam gift from a friend doesn't count)

Each Steam purchase total will be tracked in USD. If your Steam store's currency isn't in USD, it will be tracked and converted to USD automatically using daily exchange rates.

What features are unavailable to me?

Limited users are prevented from accessing several features on Steam, including but not limited to:

• Sending friend invites
  • Opening group chat
  • Voting on Greenlight, Steam Reviews and Workshop items
  • Participating in the Steam Market
  • Posting frequently in the Steam Discussions
  • Gaining Steam Profile Levels and Trading Cards
  • Submitting content on the Steam Workshop
  • Posting in an item's Steam Workshop Discussions
  • Accessing the Steam Web API
  • Using browser and mobile chat

What will not grant me access to the above features?

The below actions will not remove limited user restrictions:

• Activating a retail game on Steam
  • Playing free demos
  • Adding a non-Steam game as a shortcut
  • Adding/playing promotional trials like Free Weekends
  • Free to Play games (Examples: Alien Swarm, free versions of Portal and Team Fortress 2)
  • Activating promotional CD Keys from hardware or graphic card manufacturers

I received my game(s) as a gift, will I gain access to all features?

No, games that have been received as a gift or via Steam Trading are not eligible.

What if a purchase is refunded to my bank or my purchase is disputed/chargeback?

If a purchase amount is returned to your bank, the amount will be subtracted from your account's total purchase value. If the refund or dispute amount brings your account's total purchase value below $5 USD, then your account will lose access to these features.

For example, if you purchase a game for $5 USD, your account will gain access to these Community features. If you open a dispute with your bank, these funds will be returned to the bank and you will lose access to these features because Steam never received the funds.

What if a purchase is refunded to my Steam Wallet?

Refunds credited to your Steam Wallet, such as pre-order refunds, do not modify access to these Steam Community features.

What if my Steam store currency isn't in USD?

If the Steam store isn't in USD, we will track the purchase amount in USD by converting each purchase total made on Steam using daily exchange rates. Once you have made the equivalent of $5.00 USD or more in total Steam purchases, you will gain access to the restricted Steam features.

Asgaro

My man... YESSS.

aaaHLTc.gif

madjoki

well then .... looks like creating scambots is going to get pretty expensive ;)

It's retroactive too. I'm glad I didn't have tons of shits on my 'card' alt.

Edit: scammers can still use stolen cards to buy gifts and sell gifts + spam until revoked = double profit. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom