• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I almost fainted, true story
never leave any important work to iashman people

the wait is over!

wild seasons is out, finally!

.. and it is in Early Access

how can that be?
the game was finished and about to be released this year!
EA? that's so not fair.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh, look zky-zky - you can play Hand of Fate now :)
oh wow that's really cool

i wish more games did this

Better than Arise, at least!
lol i watched a single episode of that and i was like

ok matoko has blue hair and a sick jacket, i can kind of get into this but damn that episode was boring as fuck

i'm considering watching stand alone complex in the near future, i'm between tenchi muyo (<3), bakemonogatari (this friend of mine keeps telling me to watch it and tbh i'll probably love it) and sac (mostly cos i love gits1 so much, even tho i think sac artstyle is kind of a huge step down)

the wait is over!

how can that be?
EA? that's so not fair.
is that what ithink it is?!?

Sendou

Did anyone jump on that Humble deal for Divinity Original Sin? I see its cheaper on GOG but really looking for a Steam key and I am pretty sure Steam has had the GOG price so might hold out. Really wanting to pick that game up, just wish it would get slightly lower in price.

I'd wait until version 2.0 hits and buy it during the inevitable sale that will come along with it.

XBP

yeah essentially the game is a very simple stealth/shooter game depending on how you build your character. there's also some melee combat but yeah, the combat's not great

the stealth's pretty straightforward but since it's so tied to the leveling system you get into a like deus ex mode later on in which you can turn invisible or run without making noise and stuff which is pretty silly but is imo much more fun than the shooting upgrades

chain shot is a pistol skill that you unlock very early (i think it's like 3 or 4 points into the pistols tree?) that's key to defeating bosses, as bosses are really really difficult without it

there's other things you can do to bosses thanks to intel and decisions and whatnot that make boss fights easier but unlocking the first few ranks of chain shot is just a really easy way to making sure you're never stuck on a boss

Will keep those in mind, thanks. Also. it seems like decision making plays a very important role in the game which is great to be honest. Its rather annoying when a RPG says our in game decisions matter a lot when actually they dont.

i also recommend if you want to immediately after you beat it (if you like it) to start over and do a playthrough trying to be the biggest asshole you can be

few games allow you to be such a huge jerk as alpha protocol, it's amazing

Lol, that sounds amazing. Kinda excited about the game now.

Arthea

we waited more two years for Wild Season to come to EA... Stardew Valley is our last hope now.

is that what ithink it is?!?

ya that was one of only two Rune Factory alikes in the making for PC, other is Stardew Valley also to be released this year, but now I'm way less sure it'll actually happen

MUnited83

For you.
2900 games reached, now to shoot for the 3000 milestone!

8z8Ozg1.gif

the wait is over!

how can that be?
EA? that's so not fair.

I wasn't expecting that price O_O. I'll just wait
forever
for Stardew Valley

When's Beowulf supposed to go live? Skulls already got a patch but no character =<

Soon. According to Lab Zero's twitter they are working with Valve to out Beowulf DLC

louiedog

Did Valve finally shut down the phishing invites?

link

Why can't I access certain Steam features?
We've chosen to limit access to these features as a means of protecting our customers from those who abuse Steam for purposes such as spamming and phishing.
Malicious users often operate in the community on accounts which have not spent any money, reducing the individual risk of performing the actions they do. One of the best pieces of information we can compare between regular users and malicious users are their spending habits as typically the accounts being used have no investment in their longevity. Due to this being a common scenario we have decided to restrict certain community features until an account has met or exceeded $5.00 USD in Steam.

What features are unavailable to me?
Limited users are prevented from accessing several features on Steam, including but not limited to:
Sending friend invites
Opening group chat
Voting on Greenlight, Steam Reviews and Workshop items
Participating in the Steam Market
Posting frequently in the Steam Discussions
Gaining Steam Profile Levels and Trading Cards
Submitting content on the Steam Workshop
Posting in an item's Steam Workshop Discussions
Accessing the Steam Web API
Using browser and mobile chat

More info in link. Gifts, trades, redeemed keys do not count toward $5.

zkylon

zkylewd
Will keep those in mind, thanks. Also. it seems like decision making plays a very important role in the game which is great to be honest. Its rather annoying when a RPG says our in game decisions matter a lot when actually they dont.
i mean, let's be clear

there's a set story, some things happen despite of what you choose, or at least a direction in which things have to go. but there's a lot of things that can change in the meantime, who you're allied with, who becomes your handler, who you're allied with, which weapons, intel and perks are available to you, missable cutscenes, missable character bios, lots of things

the order in which you complete missions has an effect on story events and people will comment on the way you're dressed (say you went with full armor to a mission that was just meeting a dude in a bar), it's really a super detailed game in that aspect

but yeah it's not gonna be completely different, but there's enough meaningful variations and flavor stuff that makes you able to have very different playthroughs

i beat it i think 4 times and managed to get different end bosses, i got doublecrossed by people i never suspected of in my other playthroughs, i killed pretty much every character, you can do lots of different things

Lol, that sounds amazing. Kinda excited about the game now.
yeah it's pretty hilarious. you're gonna get backstabbed a lot if you play like this, but that just makes it all the more fun

ya that was one of only two Rune Factory alikes in the making for PC, other is Stardew Valley also to be released this year, but now I'm way less sure it'll actually happen
so much hype for this

i've been wanting a new harvest moon thingie to play for like a decade

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

the wait is over!

how can that be?
EA? that's so not fair.

I was hyped until I saw that price.

Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game ;__;

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
A fucking 15.4GB Update for Mortal Kombat. That update better suck my d!#K if its gonna be that big.

Arthea

I wasn't expecting that price O_O. I'll just wait
forever
for Stardew Valley

I'm pretty sure Stardew Valley won't be any cheaper. We know that Rune Factory/Harvest Moon games are way too much work for indies, that's why it's taking so long, and the price is in accordance with that.

Am I imagining things in a drunken haze or did someone say Obsidian had hopes to explore the Alpha Protocol universe in the future? Always makes me sad that the game was launched in the way it was, and that a sequel seems nigh impossible given how open ended the endings are.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of DmAc2k6, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DmAc2k6, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
9 Origin Games (Origin) -- MB-668C3856D090FB21 - Taken by Catshade. 10 entrants total.
Bejeweled 3 -- MB-85658CE639E9A88A - Taken by yoshizzle. 3 entrants total.
Dead Space 2 -- MB-3EF3FD36C95A7BEA - Taken by dot. 4 entrants total.

t1429317684z1.png

louiedog

nobody really bothers to read last page I see :p

Dang. Amazingly when I searched multiple keywords to see if it'd been brought up, none of them were in either of these.

Someone posted this already?

Source: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAGK-7663

EDIT: Oh looks like lashman did. Well regarding the actual news: it's about the damn time they did something.

well then .... looks like creating scambots is going to get pretty expensive ;)

I should have thought to try "scambots" or "already" instead of "invite", "phishing", etc.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Am I imagining things in a drunken haze or did someone say Obsidian had hopes to explore the Alpha Protocol universe in the future? Always makes me sad that the game was launched in the way it was, and that a sequel seems nigh impossible given how open ended the endings are.

I remember reading this interview a few years ago.

Hinomura

Played it on the Atari Lynx along with Blue Lighting, California Games, Shanghai and Gates of Zendocon (dat Atari VCS Asteroids cover ripping).

It was 1989... twentysix years ago... oh my...

Almost fake edit:
Atari Lynx, Gates of Zendocon cover (1989):
Gates_of_Zendocon_cover_art.jpg

Atari VCS, Asteroids cover (1981 eeek):

Feeling so ancient now...

zkylon

zkylewd
obs said they would love to go back to ap but that it's unlikely for it gonna happen because of budget

like you can't really kickstart an alpha protocol because of how many cutscenes you'd have to make

tho maybe like a demake that keeps the amount of reactivity but is just 2d and maybe just has floating heads instead of full blown cutscenes

they'd still have to keep it relatively short in rpg terms and i think vo is kind of a must for something like alpha protocol

but of course if a big publisher showed up it would be awesome to have like a full blown sequel

but nothing of this is gonna happen, so i'll just keep f5'ing the nexus to see if there's an anti-spider mod for eternity released yet...

Arthea

I've read Wild Season EA disclaimer and according to it and my understanding, a game is not even half done, it has only one season and lacks almost all features, that's after two years, yet they plan to finish and fully release it in 5 months while on EA. Why I can't believe it?
Oh well, we'll wait more and see what Stardew Valley will offer and when.

Koei Tecmo: One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 PC version might not have online play

... aaaaaaand here we go ... another quality KT port ... as expected

It's clear by this point that KT games can't have online on PC for reasons ;)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-2E5E3AF9A22198CC - Taken by ExoSoul

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Mystery Game #1 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Arthea

I searched but it seems there is no OT for Dungeon of the Endless. That's kinda odd.

edited: well no OT, let's talk here. So what's the cure for extreme resource scarcity in that game? there seems to be no such cure, but maybe I'm missing something?

zkylon

zkylewd
I searched but it seems there is no OT for Dungeon of the Endless. That's kinda odd.
that's pretty weird, it's a pretty cool game

i wish someone taught me the secret to success tho

edited: well no OT, let's talk here. So what's the cure for extreme resource scarcity in that game? there seems to be no such cure, but maybe I'm missing something?
from my own play i've been focusing on food and the building resource (the red one) and trying to asap get one of the characters to learn the skill that lets them work on a machine (i think the sword lady gets it at level 4?)

so i leave that character working on the machine while my other character that's more fight-oriented just walks around exploring rooms desperately trying to find some more people to add to the party

i haven't found that much use for the science stuff or like the drones and shit, except maybe upgrading the food machine

Hinomura

Koei Tecmo: One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 PC version might not have online play

... aaaaaaand here we go ... another quality KT port ... as expected

I'm really puzzled by some publishers behaviour...

Steam got the bigger userbase nowadays, but Steam users are still 2nd class citizens for most japanese publishers...

Star Ocean V not getting announced for PC as well is a stab in the heart for me.

And this proves it too...

I really can't understand... with bad ports you potentially harm the size of your customers base. And what about the missing ports? There are thousands of games which could be ported, kept "alive" and monetized which are frequently requested, but rather than porting them to Steam it seems they prefer to kill the games, kill the IPs, kill the franchises, bankrupt the company and commit seppuku. Why? :(

Furthermore since a lot of these publishers own hundreds of games, if they make a port in the blue every 3-4-5 years, it'll need hundreds years to port everything... dat foresight... (come on Sega! go on with your awesome ports!)

I'm really puzzled by some publishers behaviour...

Steam got the bigger userbase nowadays, but Steam users are still 2nd class citizens for most japanese publishers...

And this proves it too...

I really can't understand... with bad ports you potentially harm the size of your customers base. And what about the missing ports? There are thousands of games which could be ported, kept "alive" and monetized which are frequently requested, but rather than porting them to Steam it seems they prefer to kill the games, kill the IPs, kill the franchises, bankrupt the company and commit seppuku. Why? :(

Furthermore since a lot of these publishers own hundreds of games, if they make a port in the blue every 3-4-5 years, it'll need hundreds years to port everything... dat foresight... (come on Sega! go on with your awesome ports!)

Japanese pride™.

Yeah it's silly, but I think there's already a pattern.
Japanese devs are still testing the Steam market in the past couple years. They're just slow at making up their mind, is all.

I'm pretty sure Stardew Valley won't be any cheaper. We know that Rune Factory/Harvest Moon games are way too much work for indies, that's why it's taking so long, and the price is in accordance with that.

I know that are a lot of content on these games and I'm glad we are finally getting a Harvest Moon like on PC, but so far Wild Season haven't been able to caught my attention. Maybe after it's out of EA I may buy it.

• Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
    [*]Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
  • Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
  • Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
  • Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
  • YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
  • Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
  • Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
  • Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
    [*]Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
  • Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
  • Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support
  • Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew

The first bolded one. That's hilarious to me.
I remember DOA:LR having the same exact problem. The one with special characters.
Gotta give it to R*. They do patch quick.
Jedi Outcast is awesome. I haven't played it in forever. The lightsaber is really fun to use.
Jedi Outcast is so good :)
I really loved that in the beginning you were forced (heh) to use guns and only later the lightsaber and jedi-weapons were unlocked. If everything was unlocked from the get-go, I would have never bothered with traditional weapons but instead I cycled furiously through all my arsenal.
Such a great game.

I think it was a mistake that they abandoned traditional singleplayer campaign with one character. It hurt the sequel.
So thanks to galyonkin who got an API set up for Enhanced Steam, this will be available in the next release:

You'll be able to disable it in the options page if you'd prefer not to see it, but I think it will provide a bit more insight than what is currently available and should help people make more informed purchasing decisions.
Very nifty. Awesome work!

I ran out of compliments for all the cool stuff you add constantly :(
2015-04-1721_57_06-diwzuxh.png

The inevitable downgrade thread will be really quite something.
Yeah, totally reads like slowly easing the people in on the idea that the trailer fidelity won't be reached.

Why do pubs/devs do such things with initial teasers/trailers anyway?
It's not like folks would be outraged with a trailer being not CG-level but less. They only hurt themselves. Maybe they actually want to induce "graphics-drama" ala no news is bad news, publicity is all that counts?
well then .... looks like creating scambots is going to get pretty expensive ;)
That is what Valve should be doing! Great of them.
bjscsi6.png

I am not joking. In the past 6 months I had only one legit friend request among hundreds of phishers.
Almost blocked out of muscle-memory.
What a nice sight real life humans can be!
2900 games reached, now to shoot for the 3000 milestone!
Congrats on the waste of time & money !

i kid, i kid
you are Portugal's Steam-MVP after all ;)

Arthea

that's pretty weird, it's a pretty cool game

i wish someone taught me the secret to success tho

from my own play i've been focusing on food and the building resource (the red one) and trying to asap get one of the characters to learn the skill that lets them work on a machine (i think the sword lady gets it at level 4?)

so i leave that character working on the machine while my other character that's more fight-oriented just walks around exploring rooms desperately trying to find some more people to add to the party

i haven't found that much use for the science stuff or like the drones and shit, except maybe upgrading the food machine

Yeah, I focus on production resource too, there seems to be no other way as you need it for attacking drones too.

The problem is with not being able to power rooms at any sane rate and having too many dark rooms is asking for death.

Man, for all the negative rep Xbox division garnered over the past, I gotta give huge, huge props to MS with their incentives with Dreamspark.

The things they are giving away are just awesome. It really is.
There are so many software-packets, I don't even know what 70% of them do but I see some super nifty stuff like Visual Studio Pro, XNA Game Studio, Kinect SDK and so much more.

MS does some cool stuff. Just not gaming-wise imo :p

Jawmuncher

Man, for all the negative rep Xbox division garnered over the past, I gotta give huge, huge props to MS with their incentives with Dreamspark.

The things they are giving away are just awesome. It really is.
There are so many software-packets, I don't even know what 70% of them do but I see some super nifty stuff like Visual Studio Pro, XNA Game Studio, Kinect SDK and so much more.

MS does some cool stuff. Just not gaming-wise imo :p

My favorite XNA game, wish it was ported
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...-2-Girls/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802585503a5

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I focus on production resource too, there seems to be no other way as you need it for attacking drones too.

The problem is with not being able to power rooms at any sane rate and having too many dark rooms is asking for death.

yeah, the way i've been playing is basically if there are more than two or three dark rooms then i'll probably just stop exploring and move on to the next level

you can use your dudes to prevent dark rooms from spawning baddies so you can just leave your support guys in a dark room while your beefy guys keep pushing forward

but yeah power is the most critical resource and i'm not sure if some carries from floor to floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom