• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Oh thank fuck for that. My RMA which I sent off on Monday which has been mysteriously missing for the past 2 days despite being signed for by someone called 'Colin' has show up.

Everything points at Frontier trying to get us to buy the game again. It's sad, but seems to be the aim here.

I'd imagine the current sub they're using gives everyone who buys a code to redeem on their frontier account. So theoretically, at the moment, everyone who already owns the game would get a copy they could give to someone for free.

They'd have to make a separate one which wouldn't give a key to redeem. Probably more effort than they'd think it would be worth.

I guess the effort required to make a standalone sub would be to the tune of £39.99.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-26-elite-dangerous-the-david-braben-interview

Will you launch the game on Steam?

David Braben: No. We've got to support the game with our own back end anyway, so I don't see the benefit of it.

Well, I would suggest the benefit is 100m users, which is a huge potential audience.

David Braben: Yes, that's true. It's something we would look at, but it would have to then interface with what we're doing, and the two would potentially conflict. We have to provide the back end.

Thank you for your time.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-26-elite-dangerous-the-david-braben-interview

David Braben: No. We've got to support the game with our own back end anyway, so I don't see the benefit of it.

Well, I would suggest the benefit is 100m users, which is a huge potential audience.

David Braben: Yes, that's true. It's something we would look at, but it would have to then interface with what we're doing, and the two would potentially conflict. We have to provide the back end.

Thank you for your time.

I wonder if they'll consider this as being "enough feedback" ;)

Grief.exe

Thank you for your time.

This is why publishers love the, 'no current plans' answer to questions. It placates potential buyers and leaves options open for the future.

It's bullshit, but it's really the perfect reply.

Deadbeat

Banned
I havent logged into my other account in a couple days and hoooray 7 new invites all level 0.

Hey valve could you add a filter feature of some kind?

Grief.exe

Having some trouble getting Linux to output audio through my sound card.

E8uWzjC.jpg

Extras
ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Elements Soul of Fire -- MB-88B497FFDC4454C4 - Taken by Chreznor
Threadspace Hyperbol -- MB-A1ECFE5FD8D5C14A - Taken by Sarcasm

Thank you for your time.
David Braben: Yes, that's true. It's something we would look at
After looking..
tDPlqIX.gif

the saddest thing about GTAV is that now that they're not doing steam keys outside of the steam store GTAV won't see the heavy discounting from other stores like other rockstar.2k games do unless you're willing to settle for a social club key.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
JS made one that works pretty decent. Though only works when its running while your logged in.

https://github.com/jshackles/Steam_Invite_Spam_Filter

Actually, it should work even if the Steam client isn't running. You do need to be signed in to Steam with the program itself though, not sure if that's what you meant. ;)

I've also started a Steam group where I'll be posting updates and things if anyone is interested.

Also, spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

ThreadSpace: Hyperbol -- MB-74BE3C83937DB42F - Taken by Mavromatis
Starlaxis Supernova Edition -- MB-9EF9422DAF5105DE - Taken by Diedac

the saddest thing about GTAV is that now that they're not doing steam keys outside of the steam store GTAV won't see the heavy discounting from other stores like other rockstar.2k games do unless you're willing to settle for a social club key.

but why buy GTA when there so many great indies out there

im trying to ease the pain

didamangi

Thread in Gaming is off to an hilarious start.

That reply and avatar just makes me laugh. Judging by the replies I guess he's not joking? Amazing.

Should've ride that China ROW gift train man :(

rtcn63

It took me 30 minutes to beat the second stage of Freedom Planet (hard). Was expecting a short ten minute pick up and play.

Anteater

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

F.E.A.R. Ultimate Shooters Edition -- MB-973E2616949A12DF - Taken by iosefe

spare

Tizoc

Can anyone help me with this Darksiders 1 issue? The video cutscenes do not play AT ALL. This is apparently due to some codec issue, but my WMP is latest ver. and I use Media Player Classic to watch videos. I asked in the game's Steam boards but no reply.
How can I make video cutscenes play when running the game?
I don't have this issue with DS2 btw.

/g is a pretty legit board.

Fair enough.

What's the issue? 4chan is not the Internet Boogie Monster some people think it is. There's a couple bad boards on it, just stay away from those and it's actually a pretty nice site.

im pretty sure 4chan is the worst, most insensitive website out there. a couple of boards won't change that.

Nabs

It took me 30 minutes to beat the second stage of Freedom Planet (hard). Was expecting a short ten minute pick up and play.

Yeah. Most stages are 2 levels pasted together with multiple bosses to deal with. I made it up to the final boss but I don't feel like going back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom