• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need the season pass though.

i'm with you, and it seems the cheapest its ever been is $10. gotta keep on holding.

I've never been a stick person. I use a Saturn USB pad for Capcom fighting games but the Netherealm games actually feel better on a regular controller for me. The only issue is that i played MK9 on the Vita/PS3 and injustice on the PS3/PS4 so i'm used to using dpads that work well with the inputs for the MK games. This mushy 360 dpad reads my inputs wrong like half of the time, it really feels like luck whenever i pull something off

I'm somewhat glad that PC vs consoles threads exist, they are such amazing "ignore guides", some people really consistently make horrible posts.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think Indie Gala has been the most consistent bundle site for m over the years. Humble has some great bundles, but also a lot I just don't care for. Groupees is hit or miss for me, though love their build bundles. Bundlestars I enjoy a lot, but are infrequent.

I find myself most excited for Indiegala, and they have the most bundles too as they have at least two every week, and often with games I am interested in or don't have.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot is currently working, but having issues reaching NeoGAF. If you're doing raffles or anything today please be aware that this may be an issue--ModBot behaves somewhat erratically in the face of degraded connectivity (for example, he may receive some entries in time for a draw and not others; there may be issues queuing up PMs; there may be issues editing out drawn raffles; etc.)

Code:
root@roosevelt-c modbot]# traceroute neogaf.com
traceroute to neogaf.com (64.91.255.7), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
[removing hops to protect ModBot's privacy]
 5  * * *
 6  eth6-7.edge1.nyc4.us.as5580.net (78.152.53.60)  14.524 ms * *
 7  * * *
 8  te0-7-0-22.ccr21.jfk04.atlas.cogentco.com (38.104.73.57)  15.676 ms * *
 9  * * *
10  * * *
11  * * *
12  * be2005.ccr21.ord03.atlas.cogentco.com (66.28.4.74)  31.954 ms *
13  * * *
14  * * *
15  * lw-dc3-core2-te8-16.rtr.liquidweb.com (209.59.157.229)  39.906 ms *
16  lw-dc3-dist15-po6.rtr.liquidweb.com (69.167.128.243)  31.779 ms * *
17  www.neogaf.com (64.91.255.7)  39.186 ms * *

Lomax

Cheers already got OMoUS wishlisted, missed out on the gurumin giveaway :(

Cool HYPE!!!

Aaah UNHYPE

Cheers was looking more at the clones of the old snes one

If you like the puzzling side of SNES style, Ittle Dew is awesome. Anodyne is okay but a bit too bizarre. Had never heard of Shipwreck but it's on my radar now. Tragically it's an under-represented genre. Binding of Isaac-likes such as A Wizard's Lizard can scratch some of the itch though.

dex3108

ModBot is currently working, but having issues reaching NeoGAF. If you're doing raffles or anything today please be aware that this may be an issue--ModBot behaves somewhat erratically in the face of degraded connectivity (for example, he may receive some entries in time for a draw and not others; there may be issues queuing up PMs; there may be issues editing out drawn raffles; etc.)

Code:
root@roosevelt-c modbot]# traceroute neogaf.com
traceroute to neogaf.com (64.91.255.7), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
[removing hops to protect ModBot's privacy]
 5  * * *
 6  eth6-7.edge1.nyc4.us.as5580.net (78.152.53.60)  14.524 ms * *
 7  * * *
 8  te0-7-0-22.ccr21.jfk04.atlas.cogentco.com (38.104.73.57)  15.676 ms * *
 9  * * *
10  * * *
11  * * *
12  * be2005.ccr21.ord03.atlas.cogentco.com (66.28.4.74)  31.954 ms *
13  * * *
14  * * *
15  * lw-dc3-core2-te8-16.rtr.liquidweb.com (209.59.157.229)  39.906 ms *
16  lw-dc3-dist15-po6.rtr.liquidweb.com (69.167.128.243)  31.779 ms * *
17  www.neogaf.com (64.91.255.7)  39.186 ms * *

In short ModBot gained self consciousness and it's trying to break loose. :D

Last year at E3 Phil Spencer said E3 isn't a PC games show

So aside from Fable Legends, what has Microsoft actually announced or delivered since then?

Well they released those two Halo games on Steam.

So basically, fuckall, as expected.

edit - I suppose of Rise of Nations and Age of Mythology count.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Ultron2013.jpg

titch

If you like the puzzling side of SNES style, Ittle Dew is awesome. Anodyne is okay but a bit too bizarre. Had never heard of Shipwreck but it's on my radar now. Tragically it's an under-represented genre. Binding of Isaac-likes such as A Wizard's Lizard can scratch some of the itch though.

We defo need more Zelda lttp and flashback/anothers world clones - happily it looks like the latters itch will be scratched

Will it be good or evil though.

Parsnip

Been thinking about a new controller too since MKX stinks on a standard 360 pad. Might jump in on the XB1 pad even though i know it's not wireless.

I've been thinking about that too. Was planning to grab Xbone controller the other day and get the wireless adapter later, but I don't actually know if MS plans to sell the adapter standalone at all (or just bundled). So I'm waiting how that goes.

derExperte

Does it still look awful?

Jurassic Park 1s dinos still look more convincing. But it's not like 2 and 3 were high quality either, the series has been low-tier for nearly 20 years and considering that it could be worse. See Terminator.

And another blockbuster where the hair of the female lead will distract me every time she's on screen. Have I missed some new trend?

Grief.exe

Massdrop has some cool stuff this week. I think I'm the target demographic for this site, mid 20's, male, tech enthusiast. They run watches, razers, nice shoes, and tech gear constantly.

MD-4113_20141028104126_5d4e46d9905d7fc0.jpg

Philips SHP 9500 Headphones for $60. Open headphones are perfect for gaming, look comfortable, good brand, and good price. I haven't heard of these previously, so I don't have any context for a recommendation however.

MD-2757_20140717161129_dc4af93e6820647e.jpg

DT 990 Headphones 250 Ohm for $240. These are excellent gaming headphones, some of the best on the market. Open design, very comfortable, but will need an amp to drive the 250 ohms of impedance.

MD-6955_20150415092723_fda9ebf6084cac46.jpg

Vortex Pok3r keyboard for $105. This is a 60% mechanical keyboard with a ton of switch options available. Doesn't look to come with a USB to PS/2 adapter, and you should need one for full n-key rollover. I think I'm going to pick this up as I want to check out Green switches and have needed a second board for a while.

Turfster

Someone's going to end up winning Pillars of Eternity from Atra's giveaway
Modbot's going to actively deny people Prey now by turning it into something else?

Gamesplanet is having a Ubisoft week.
Mostly Uplay stuff, but Stick of Truth is 40% off
They also have a 3 day flash deal on Of Orcs and Men, 75% off

The Ubi shop has Alien Isolation 75% off for the US, apparently? Can't check because fucking regioned storefronts.

BvS is only terrible because they paint Supes as a villain. it grew on me after a couple of viewings.

It's probably going to be the most legit version of bats we've ever had on screen, just had to sacrifice superman to get there.

I think the vilification of Superman is the only interesting thing about it. The rest looks like a fanfilm. And Batman with a sniper rifle? When did Tim Burton get the reins again?

Phawx

Massdrop has some cool stuff this week. I think I'm the target demographic for this site, mid 20's, male, tech enthusiast. They run watches, razers, nice shoes, and tech gear constantly.

MD-4113_20141028104126_5d4e46d9905d7fc0.jpg

Philips SHP 9500 Headphones for $60. Open headphones are perfect for gaming, look comfortable, good brand, and good price. I haven't heard of these previously, so I don't have any context for a recommendation however.

Looks like these work well with the Vmoda boom mic adapter.

derExperte

I think the vilification of Superman is the only interesting thing about it. The rest looks like a fanfilm. And Batman with a sniper rifle? When did Tim Burton get the reins again?

So Superman is the villain? The trailer confused me, I thought B goes insane and just thinks S is bad because penis eny.

MadGear

I'm still looking for a TKL mechanical keyboard but just can't seem to find one that I like. The CM Quick Fire Rapid-i doesn't seem that bad but sadly uses Cherry stabilizers and the way the cable is connected to that keyboard also bothers me. I would love to get a Filco but they are really hard to get here (and really expensive). In hindsight I wish I would have bought the previous iteration of the Quick Fire Rapid when it was still available, no backlight but at least with cable routing beneath the keyboard and Costar stabs. Oh well, sucks to be picky.

Grief.exe

I don't know how you guys get excited for these comic book movies, but then again I play video games so I don't have much room to talk.

I'm still looking for a TKL mechanical keyboard but just can't seem to find one that I like. The CM Quick Fire Rapid-i doesn't seem that bad but sadly uses Cherry stabilizers and the way the cable is connected to that keyboard also bothers me. I would love to get a Filco but they are really hard to get here (and really expensive). In hindsight I wish I would have bought the previous iteration of the Quick Fire Rapid when it was still available, no backlight but at least with cable routing beneath the keyboard and Costar stabs. Oh well, sucks to be picky.

Nah, keep being a good consumer.

ibySNaM3KtNPcI.gif

yuraya

So Superman is the villain? The trailer confused me, I thought B goes insane and just thinks S is bad.

Superman left a lot of destruction in MoS. In the trailer they built a statue for the ground zero in metropolis. I think some people in the media just look at him as this evil alien god but for the most part he is not the villain. and I don't think Batman is villain either. He just seems to have some grudge. Lex Luthor will be the true villain in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom