• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

Did you play Splinter Cell Blacklist? I played it just before GZ and while the MGSV controls are good. Blacklist really reminded me how behind they still are. Especially when it comes to climbing and such. Not a big deal. Still mad about the story since about 80% was in the trailers for it. Sans the tapes no one really bothers with anyway. I agree though a decent buy at 5 bucks. Still doesn't touch the MGS2 demo though.

Yeah I loved Blacklist, played it on PS3 about a year ago. I think Blacklist does have better cover and climbing mechanics, but MGSV is still really good (ESPECIALLY looking back on previous MGS games).

Completely forgot about the tapes, the only one I listened to is mandatory one you get from Chico in the GZ main mission. Are the tapes worth listening to?

Jawmuncher

Yeah I loved Blacklist, played it on PS3 about a year ago. I think Blacklist does have better cover and climbing mechanics, but MGSV is still really good (ESPECIALLY looking back on previous MGS games).

Completely forgot about the tapes, the only one I listened to is mandatory one you get from Chico in the GZ main mission. Are the tapes worth listening to?

One especially is pretty dark so I think so. Though I wouldn't blame you if you just listen to them on youtube.

Anteater

Actually now with out new found powers of easily forcing AO and that I put in a mammoth amount of ground work to get 1.35:1 resolutions up and running I might have to replay Enslaved sometime in the near future.

the AO flag on guru3d doesn't work too well with the DLC, it pops in and out often, I ended up not using it since the performance is way better with my card (just a 760gtx!) without it, but I didn't try it with the main campaign.

louiedog

Free game

Freshman Year is a vignette game about an ordinary night in the life a college freshman named Nina. Nina's best friend Jenna invites her to meet up at a local bar with some classmates. Jenna is sort of flaky though, so Nina has to navigate the party by herself.

Kiru

For people without Facebook and interest in the game :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Storm United #2 -- MB-4EE893EE218826E7 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Storm United #4 -- MB-4E0071DD8F046E34 - Taken by Barbarian
Storm United #5 -- MB-84AD3C1F79EF6C1C - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Storm United -- MB-7011D0372B1CF9CA - Taken by Deadbeat
Storm United #3 -- MB-6E4D3A61F5B502D2 - Taken by FiveElementNinja

Jawmuncher

I am inclined to believe this.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Totally missed your post my bad. Welcome to SteamGAF. Hope you stick around.
If you want you can add me on steam the link is on my GAF profile page.

Free game
Freshman Year is a vignette game about an ordinary night in the life a college freshman named Nina. Nina's best friend Jenna invites her to meet up at a local bar with some classmates. Jenna is sort of flaky though, so Nina has to navigate the party by herself.

Yeah he's probably super nice (The art work here is kind of unsettling, in a good way though)
ss_37614454487ab3147d65ebe321459e5e3dea25dc.600x338.jpg

Jawmuncher

Free game

YO WTF. I'm playing this right now. I just knew this game was gonna be creepy.
Whatever the fuck I just played was surely the bad end. I'm starting to think this game always has a bad ending.

EDIT: Yeah so you always get a bad end in this. Game kind of scares me to be honest.

chronomac

Another extra:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chaos Ride -- MB-A06E96B2B54C7B78 - Taken by Naked Snake. 1 entrants total.

t1429549763z1.png

Uzzy

Ronin showed a lot of promise. Very stylish, and I'm liking the combat, I reckon there could be a lot of depth there. I hope it running at 30fps is just an issue with the demo though, it'd be a shame if it were locked 30fps.

derExperte

http://steamcommunity.com/games/226620/announcements/detail/222142641341526518

The Desktop Dungeons: Enhanced Edition has arrived.

Now with new content and quests, new classes (that's 21 total now if you've been keeping count) and a new way to play: For the first time ever, compete against your friends (or the world at large) in the seeded Daily Dungeon.

Secretly despise friends for already beating you on the Daily Dungeon leaderboards.
Unlock a terrifying new building for your Kingdom.
Discover the Rat Monarch and Chemist classes... and their reasons for visiting the Kingdom.
Click through new quests and ignore exposition as it streams past you.
Gleefully and accurately sling spells from the player-requested drag-to-cast and radial menus.
Pages and pages of optimizations and bug fixes that are awesome but don't sound cool when we put them in lists like this one.

didamangi

Good luck guys.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

F.E.A.R. -- MB-B4EB43D05E2BF751 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-A2E957890B3E5BFC - Taken by Mr. Doop. 3 entrants total.
Dead Space 2 -- MB-A88739FC32F63113 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-E71405D345A70054 - Taken by Freedom = $1.05. 4 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse Prime -- MB-F0CD6D052788C351 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age Origins -- MB-BF90E4E2D56CB681 - Taken by eyeless. 1 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin -- MB-5E9E9CA5EF28FC95 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-7298820F47F6A3D9 - Taken by Man Puncher. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Humble Origin Bundle 2 Cheap Ass Tier :p (Origin) -- MB-CF34643CC97BBA2F - Taken by baterism. 2 entrants total.
Shattered Planet -- MB-9699A2C2B4DCD5F7 - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.

t1429550543z1.png

derExperte

Has anyone here played Rollers of the Realm? 50% and pinball + rpg sounds good to me.

Some other good discount as well like Flockers 60%, Story about my Uncle 80%, Gas Guzzlers Extreme, Secret World, Roundabout etc.

Krautscape looked promising but appears to be dead now.

Aww yeahhh~! Sega is considering porting Project Diva Arcade to PC. :D
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1032415
Cool.
Miku is the perfect candidate for SEGA to bring on PC.

Huge recognizability. Huge name. Already tons of fans.
It will sell buttloads.

Thus SEGA will be more inclined to bring even more of their great games catalog to PC.

Win-Win.
For people without Facebook and interest in the game :)
I just checked up on this thread and saw the post but all keys were gone already. Sadface.

Jawmuncher

Free game

You all should give this a play its like 10 minutes long.

Cool.
Miku is the perfect candidate for SEGA to bring on PC.

Huge recognizability. Huge name. Already tons of fans.
It will sell buttloads.

Thus SEGA will be more inclined to bring even more of their great games catalog to PC.

Win-Win.

I just checked up on this thread and saw the post but all keys were gone already. Sadface.

completely unrelated: since you asked, here's the mini-tower i use for my setup

it's not really small, it's about the size of an average tower from like 10-15 years ago before they became big enough to house a family of ferrets. Still, it doesn't take much space in the bedroom and my GF appreciates the lack of noise and lights coming off of it.

milena87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom