• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Co-sign, just be warned that the game's video files may not play in-game. If that happens, uninstall whatever video player codes you got and re-install them, but this time do not choose to install any VLC codecs, as these are the cause of the videos not loading in-game.

derExperte

I imagine the release of the PC version has also given the consoles a boost due to all the talk about it. For Rockstar the delay has worked out perfectly.

Arthea

1.6m on Steam alone if you take into account SteamSpy's stats. Last report from a Take 2 quarterly they said GTA V has sold 45 mil across all 4 platforms at the time where I think the data for 360 was ~19mil and PS3 something slightly lower but that's just going off wikipedia citations and not digging through earnings calls and what have you. What I'd be interested to see is how well the PC version sold compared to the PS4 and XO version each. They were marketed up to the eye balls and had a 6 month headstart from the joint announcement and subsequent PC delays.

I only hope R* didn't expect PC version to sell that much as on consoles, considering timing.
But they probably totally expect that and more, because PC, who cares, etc.

Sendou

1.6m on Steam alone if you take into account SteamSpy's stats. Last report from a Take 2 quarterly they said GTA V has sold 45 mil across all 4 platforms at the time where I think the data for 360 was ~19mil and PS3 something slightly lower but that's just going off wikipedia citations and not digging through earnings calls and what have you. What I'd be interested to see is how well the PC version sold compared to the PS4 and XO version each. They were marketed up to the eye balls and had a 6 month headstart from the joint announcement and subsequent PC delays.

Oh yeah I meant to write 1.6m on Steam. For sure it will be interesting to see how PC version stacks with the four console versions.

didamangi

Co-sign, just be warned that the game's video files may not play in-game. If that happens, uninstall whatever video player codes you got and re-install them, but this time do not choose to install any VLC codecs, as these are the cause of the videos not loading in-game.

Should've just install potplayer bro. No hassle, dxva out of the box, no codec interference. plus you gotta love the name, it's dope.

Milamber

MOXjWm5.gif

titch

I haven't played it yet, but Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas supposed to be good, at least reviews are only positive.

edited: it's not exactly Zelda clone, but you might want to try Gurumin, especially if you have it already
And there are couple of Zelda clones greenlit, not released yet

Cheers already got OMoUS wishlisted, missed out on the gurumin giveaway :(

Off the top of my head.

Cool HYPE!!!

iuAIpTuY5ZR5U.jpg

what do you mean?

I haven't played shipreck, but I thought other two were no good, dropped both pretty early in.

Aaah UNHYPE

Cheers was looking more at the clones of the old snes one

Dr Dogg

All this animosity wouldn't exist if everybody just learnt to share. Oh who an I kidding their would still be dick waving contests about who has the most exploitative features they are wilfully handing money over for. Any of you folks see the 'I think GFWL was a good idea' thread? Standardised controllers may be one thing (although direct input was the standard for years before but just a little bit loose in the spec) but what looney want's to pay for peer 2 peer online when they have been used to decades of this for free and would rather pay for their own private servers.

I only hope R* didn't expect PC version to sell that much as on consoles, considering timing.
But they probably totally expect that and more, because PC, who cares, etc.

Oh yeah I meant to write 1.6m on Steam. For sure it will be interesting to see how PC version stacks with the four console versions.

I would think it would e pretty close between PC and the two newer consoles for sure.

Haha. You are a pretty hairy lady then ;)

Cheeky sod! He says after not having a shave for a week and a half.

derExperte

Whenever you think Telltale can't put even less gameplay in their games they do exactly that. I still enjoyed Tales from the B'lands e2 but come on.

Sendou

Whenever you think Telltale can't put even less gameplay in their games they do exactly that. I still enjoyed Tales from the B'lands e2 but come on.

Played Game of Thrones episode 3 and Life is Strange episode 2 next to each other and it was quite the eye opening experience. Not saying LiS has an overwhelming amount of gameplay either but as a package it works so much better.

Arthea

Cheers already got OMoUS wishlisted, missed out on the gurumin giveaway :(

Cool HYPE!!!

Aaah UNHYPE

Cheers was looking more at the clones of the old snes one

rehype then, those that Knurek posted are closer to snes one, except I have no clue how Shipreck plays.

Yeah I unhyped the wrong reply - Darksiders is good yeah!!!

Darksiders is good, I wouldn't call Zelda clone though. Then again maybe I'm too particular about what is clone and what is not, I was pointed that out to me before.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
DAMN at the ether in the $5 thread
The Yoshi thing? Yeah, that's getting angry at a problem that doesn't really exist.

All this animosity wouldn't exist if everybody just learnt to share. Oh who an I kidding their would still be dick waving contests about who has the most exploitative features they are wilfully handing money over for. Any of you folks see the 'I think GFWL was a good idea' thread? Standardised controllers may be one thing (although direct input was the standard for years before but just a little bit loose in the spec) but what looney want's to pay for peer 2 peer online when they have been used to decades of this for free and would rather pay for their own private servers.
To be fair, the thread is about GFW. Live is part of the discussion, sure, but it isn't the main point of the thread.

titch

rehype then, those that Knurek posted are closer to snes one, except I have no clue how Shipreck plays.

Darksiders is good, I wouldn't call Zelda clone though. Then again maybe I'm too particular about what is clone and what is not, I was pointed that out to me before.

REHYPE :) - Think I might already have ickle dew already.....

Defo not seen the other two before.

I remember Darksiders gettings being compared to Zelda games I didn't hugely see it myself though - shame about the series though.

Tizoc

Zelda games are, for the most part, adventure games in which you explore, find items and clear objectives in order to advance in the game. Darksiders is Action Adventure with similar exploration and item finding concepts.

Will give it a watch when I get home and add Shipwreck to my wishlist.

derExperte

At some point Telltale is just going to release a link to a youtube video. It will also be their only stable release.

I didn't have any framerate or stability issues but they still haven't fixed the problem where characters sometimes suddenly warp around for a split-second after a cut. I think they fired everyone who ever worked on the engine circa 2008 except for maybe one guy who comes in once a month for half an hour.

Arthea

REHYPE :) - Think I might already have ickle dew already.....

Defo not seen the other two before.

I remember Darksiders gettings being compared to Zelda games I didn't hugely see it myself though - shame about the series though.

ickle dew (><)
very apt name.
I thought I should warn you or you might have grudges against me if a game isn't fixed yet.
I've played it long ago, probably on release, or close to it. It used to crash on me at startup, or later, or just crash without a reason, controls were unresponsive and in general annoying. A game is sort of funny in the light way and has its charm.
Only thing I remember about Anodyne that it is bland, that's all.

Accoun

Why are people getting upset?

Because it locks out people who only play f2p and retail/bundles , most likely talking about locking out from friend invites, which might be annoying.

Other might get offence in the fact that Steam locks out ANYTHING from SOMEONE. Others probably just want to shit on Steam or even without a reason.

Ban Puncher

Because it locks out people who only play f2p and retail/bundles, most likely talking about locking out from friend invites, which might be annoying.

Other might get offence in the fact that Steam locks out ANYTHING from SOMEONE. Others probably just want to shit on Steam or just without a reason.

It's five bucks. Who hasn't got five bucks?

If I was a scammer I would pay the five bucks because I would make more than five bucks back from scamming people.

Which is quite funny as that's how microwaves cook stuff you put in them.

And just like everything you put in a microwave, it comes out crappier than if you used a proper cooking method.

ELECTRIC KETTLE 4 LIFE

Arthea

Looks broken to me. What's the 20th month called?

There is no logic in month being the first, none at all. I know you can be used to it, but it's or day of month of year, or year, month, day and there is no way around it ;)
logic has to win every time, order over chaos, mind over body, common sense over nonsense!
I should have continued, that was fun

edited: I actually will
freedom over slavery or region locking, fun over boredom, games over TV
oh well, that got boring fast too.

Or European standard, Day/Month/Year, at least both makes sense since they go from small to bigger periods or viceversa, Month/Day/Year on the other hand, wtf murricans?

When spoken, the date is April 20th, 2015. It makes perfect sense to write it out as it's said.

Not copping to the metric system, on the other hand, makes no sense.
Though, I've had a buddy in construction contract bidding explain to me why measuring in feet is 100% preferable. He had tangible answers and reasons, but I forget them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom