• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Don't forget Invisible, Inc!

As for Emperor Obama's pro anime statement, I have to look to a higher authority on these matters.

LRL4bEI.gif

GASP I won life is strange! and its the complete season pass too :eek:oo I thought it was just the first episode. only downside is its ROW but fuck my bro, if he wants to play it he can stop being lazy and just come over to my room to play it if he's interested. I'll wait till the game is complete before playing it, I'll soon find out whats the big deal with Warren :)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ty

i really want to like disgaea because of how silly it is but it's so grindy...

Well I played through the first one without grinding until the last boss really so it's not a required component, but it might be necessary if you're not good at the strategy part.

oipic

Can I get an invite into the group :) my steam name is trulysoft

Welcome, King Cobra - but, is... is that the Merrill Lynch logo I see in your avatar?

I respect and support your right to wear any avatar you choose, but for professional and personal reasons I just need to say that it makes me uncomfortable!

With that off my chest, welcome again, and please enjoy your stay in what is GAF's most tolerant community. :)

baterism

Axiom Verge, Project Cars, The Witcher 3 and Wolf14: The Old Blood are the big ones.
Thanks, Axiom Verge might be interesing. But I never play Metroid game, so I'm not sure what to expect. The rest is too AAA for my taste (and my crappy laptop).

I recommend NEON STRUCT, if you like stealth games.
Thanks for the recommendation, but stealth game is not my jam.

Oh, and how did everyone forget Lightning Returns.
Damn SE, it's May already.

Lightning who?
:p

I hope Akiba's Trip will be in May as well, XSeed did say it would be a spring release.
Ah yeah, that Akiba game. We haven't hear anything about that. Edit: could it be related with Akiba's Trip being piss poor port with locked resolution? I read it somewhere in the forum from Tom Xseed, if I remember correctly. I hope they can sort it out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
jace what's the deal with NOLF?
The NOLF situation has always been complicated, though. Based on the data we do have, Fox owns the original game but WB (by way of having bought Monolith) owns the Cate Archer character; NOLF 2 is co-owned by Fox and WB but it's the latter that owns the "A Spy in HARM's Way" subtitle; and Contract JACK is entirely owned (game and trademark) by WB.

After ND announced it'd given up, I suspected WB would take its place, but funnily enough, since WB failed to oppose ND's trademark filing, ND was actually awarded the trademark (I guess it couldn't cancel proceedings?) and now WB has no choice but to wait several months for the listing to expire due to ND not submitting the required Statement of Use form:

Status: Notice of Allowance (NOA) sent (issued) to the applicant. Applicant must file a Statement of Use or Extension Request within six months of the NOA issuance date.

Status Date: Mar. 24, 2015

If WB intends to go after the trademark, then there's still a chance the games will see the light of day again... but not until 2016.

zkylon

zkylewd
jshackles this is my new submission for may games recommendation

play league of legends, it has cool skins

iF8c4IMvymLOS.gif

(terrible framerate is my fault... i have no videocard and can't even play pretty maxed out league at 60 fps ;_;)

Well I played through the first one without grinding until the last boss really so it's not a required component, but it might be necessary if you're not good at the strategy part.
well i'm not good at anything so.....

This is funny coming from you
haha i don't know what you could possible mean lol

Anyone know much about this Toren game on Steam?

looks cool

i dunno what ppl is fussing about, who doesn't have a controller?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Axiom Verge, Project Cars, The Witcher 3 and Wolf14: The Old Blood are the big ones.

Project Cars is so big that nobody even wrote a recommendation for it!
(hint hint) feel free to PM me some time in the next 11 hours or so if you'd like to correct this even though I already have the OP almost finished and we have a lot of good recommendations as it is so by no means should you feel pressured

Doesn't bother me that it requires a controller. I play a lot of PC games that way now anyway. Only ~$6 USD on Nuuvem

oh im right there with you, I'm mainly a console player so most of the times i go with a controller over mouse and keyboard simply because I'm more at home with one, but its a PC game that doesn't support a PC's main input method, doesn't even attempt to. idk but I'd call that being lazy. regardless, still interested in it :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Toren may be another Brothers situation, where the kb&m is technically supported but the controller is the vastly superior input method as the game was designed around it. The store pages for both games say a controller is "required to play".

MUnited83

For you.
all i know for sure is that its a poorly optimized game, can only be played by controller. looks neat tho

Notice: Toren requires a controller to play.

Nope, no thanks.

oh im right there with you, I'm mainly a console player so most of the times i go with a controller over mouse and keyboard simply because I'm more at home with one, but its a PC game that doesn't support a PC's main input method, doesn't even attempt to. idk but I'd call that being lazy. regardless, still interested in it :)

Here you go you damn weirdos!

The Dev of the game said:
You can play the game with Keyboard and mouse - however it plays a lot better with a controller, hence we put that in the store page.

Toren may be another Brothers situation, where the kb&m is technically supported but the controller is the vastly superior input method as the game was designed around it.

Yap ;)

inm8num2

After finishing Broken Age I'm at 24 games completed so far this year. Gotta stay ahead of that one game per week pace.

Broken Age is a very good game. I don't know if it's great, as only time will tell its legacy, but it's as worth playing as any other adventure game in recent memory. I hope it finds a bigger audience now that it's complete in all its glory.

Salsa

I met one of the brazilian guys that was working on Toren when I went to ACE Team in Chile, weirdly enough

think it's pretty popular there and got goverment funding

Lightning who?
:p

It's that kind of game.

Damn it. :(

Anyone know much about this Toren game on Steam?

Ooh, this one looks interesting.

Doesn't bother me that it requires a controller. I play a lot of PC games that way now anyway. Only ~$6 USD on Nuuvem

#TeamController.

Yeah, if a game supports controller, I'll definitely play it with a controller.
Might finally pick up a XB1 controller later this month for Witcher 3.

zkylon

zkylewd
I know right, it's almost as generic as something like league of legends.
i mean, not really, league of legends is a lame name but at least it like, is something?

"project cars" is just awful, cmon

Project League: Cars of Legend

(F2P on IOS, of course)
haha

league actually had a subtitle that was removed at one point, i think during beta, i forget which one it was. like "rise of the champions" or some other awful thing like that haha

and now they actually phased out the concept of summoners and the league of legends from the lore so essentially the name is meaningless as all fuck lol

Which character is that anyway? Diana?
Should have been Lux. Lux would make a better magical girl.

it's lux <3

her back to base animation does like a shiny sailor moon transform, she has madoka hair and the dance is from pretty cure <3

I NEED IT

I NEED IT NOW

LIKE SAOIRSE ON THE LAST WHEELMAN I MUST HAVE IT

(also i have permission for posting league shit cos jshackles said go wild with the 18 pages so I REGRET NOTHING)

Toren may be another Brothers situation, where the kb&m is technically supported but the controller is the vastly superior input method as the game was designed around it. The store pages for both games say a controller is "required to play".
yea, super expected it's gonna be like that

probably not even like dark souls bad, just worse

also why would anyone not have a controller is beyond me, i play pretty much every game with a controller, even shooters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom