• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Finished Broken Age.

Those last puzzles at the end can FUCK OFF.

I found it really bizarre actually - I found a bunch of the puzzles increasingly more annoying and obtuse, but the very last set of puzzles were actually satisfying since I knew sort of what to do thanks to the previous frustrating ones.

Ending was crap though. Overall, I think the game actually delivered on the classic point and click premise, but I realised with the game that I actually don't want that classic point and click anymore

Anybody a backer for this?
Exanima Trailer
I need reasons to not spend money on this when I get home.
Looks really sweet. Love the weighty, physics-based movement whether running or combat. Adds a lot of replayability and freshness into even regular enemy fights. It's the good kind of jankiness.

This is coming to Steam I hope?

Here some gifs since I'm in the mood to make them.
ydgfgb.gif

Look at that lighting. That atmosphere.
rmovla.gif

It's like you are playing two characters at once
btqxbi.gif

Tripping intensifies
xinmxg.gif

Heavy friendly fire

Jawmuncher

Remember when like a year ago we thought there would be all these special store fronts on steam and anyone would be able to self publish. Just recalled how crazy that seems now.
Especially with the shit that get through grenlight.

Khronico

Monitor arrived just an hour ago. It's really nice, glad I bought it. Much sharper and brighter than my old TV, plus it's 1080p instead of 1080i =P

Waiting on my RAM to arrive and then I'll be set.

Just checked 40K's storepage and was surprised to see how much DLC it has.
But after quick research I was positively surprised that almost all of it is totally unneeded cosmetic stuff. Awesome.
Only two DLC have "actual game" and one of that, the Dreadnaught, apparently doesn't even work anymore. The other one is a co-op map.
Monitor arrived just an hour ago. It's really nice, glad I bought it. Much sharper and brighter than my old TV, plus it's 1080p instead of 1080i =P

Waiting on my RAM to arrive and then I'll be set.
Very nice.

zkylon

zkylewd
Naaaah. I mean, I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole...

Right? :p

Imo, the character art clashes with the environments immensely now. Or atleast, it does with summoners rift.

that's just a terrible interpretation of the reality of it looking gorgeous and now being really easy to read at a glance vs the old muddy look

:>

But after quick research I was positively surprised that almost all of it is totally unneeded cosmetic stuff. Awesome.

Only two DLC have "actual game" and one of that, the Dreadnaught, apparently doesn't even work anymore. The other one is a co-op map.

Very nice.

Don't buy any of the DLC. It's all for multiplayer and that's pretty much dead.

Very nice.

like publishers must realize having too much dlc actually makes people not want to buy the game, right? like if i saw all that dlc i would've just immediately left the page without even checking what it was.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm getting ready to do a boot drive wipe / transfer. What's the status of Steam's backup system at this point? I have a few in-progress games that don't seem to support cloud saves. What's my best bet?

Teppic

Is there some way to easily change the desktop resolution? I want to use a lower resolution for the desktop, but in some games the fullscreen 1920x1200 doesn't change the desktop resolution, so I have to do it manually every time I want to play the game, otherwise the image quality will be much worse.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Finally got around to picking up Witcher 3 on steam. Will buy on GOG at like 40% off maybe. Cause i got the 47$ discount i nabbed a bunch of other cheaps too, including Space Marine and Lego Star Wars. All for the price of the Witcher new if i were to get it on consoles. Glorious pc vidyagaems

~Kinggi~

Banned
You won't get a CD key with the steam version that you can just put into GOG?

lol.....wait wat? I doubt they would do that, even though they did do that as a special service for Witcher 1 and 2 because they wanted people to get the discount for owning the games on GOG.

Turfster

lol.....wait wat? I doubt they would do that, even though they did do that as a special service for Witcher 1 and 2 because they wanted people to get the discount for owning the games on GOG.

The Witcher 1 & 2 redemption was ages before Witcher 3 went up on GOG tho, wasn't it?
Still, you might be right.
*shrug*

~Kinggi~

Banned
The Witcher 1 & 2 redemption was ages before Witcher 3 went up on GOG tho, wasn't it?
Still, you might be right.
*shrug*

Yeah it was a while but they did it as a discount service. For a new game like this no way they would let you redeem on gog from steam. Makes no incentive to buy on gog then to support them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Northmark Hour of the Wolf -- MB-C4162A891BB2AD12 - Taken by nightstorm

Kagemusha

Life is Strange is 10$ again on nuuvem.
You better fucking buy it if you don't have it yet.

They're asking me to contact support, transaction can't be finalized. I was able to purchase Arkham Knight last week and GTA V before that. Do I need to use something other than Hola or have I been marked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom