• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There's a new Humble Mobile Bundle.
Nobody cares, right?
Right.

I do. I love Humble's mobile bundles because the games they include are usually stripped of their in-app purchases which is really nice. In this case, Kingdom Rush Origins is the standout here since it comes with all heroes unlocked.

Riddick is trash (unfortunately) and I haven't really heard of the rest of them.

louiedog

Speaking of Android in the Steam thread, I really, really want a new Android Steam app. With all of these movies being put on Steam it seems like it'd benefit them to have a new app with Fire TV, Android TV, and Chromecast support to play them as well as game streaming.

see this is what happens when I don't make shitty threads you haters

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1024303

3rd page in 5 minutes

now working on WHATS THE BEST ZELDA CHARACTER thread

You're right. That's not a shitty thread. More on the line of shittier or shittiest. There's no discussion other than "...right?" or the whatever the opposite of that is. That's just a posit. What's the point in responding... right?

winky.emoji

Edit: new games for Humble Indie are tomorrow... right? ;)

Speaking of Android in the Steam thread, I really, really want a new Android Steam app. With all of these movies being put on Steam it seems like it'd benefit them to have a new app with Fire TV, Android TV, and Chromecast support to play them as well as game streaming.

Yes, pretty please.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Someone did it!
It's DoA5 related

NSFW picture

I don't know if saying it's NSFW allows for straight up bare tits. TiTS, maybe. Might want to edit that~

In similarly NSFW news, IndieHaven did an interview with Christine Love on her new VN "Ladykiller in a Bind" which is going to focus heavily on the sexual antics of more lewd VNs while criticizing the way they've become accepted tropes. The subject of Steam comes up:

J: Ladykiller in a Bind may be the first game on Steam with outright sexual content. That’s a huge thing for the service and could possibly open doors to more developers if that happens. How does that make you feel? Would you like seeing more explicit games, even if that opens the doors for less …”mature” games?

C: I have no idea who’ll be distributing Ladykiller or not, right now we’re just at the “wait and see” phase. I will say that I’m not going to cut anything in order to get on a particular platform, since the sex is absolutely crucial to the story.

Personally, I’d love to see more games attempt to handle sex without being embarrassed by it. I think, frankly, what’s immature is the persistent atmosphere of female characters being sexualized by default in bizarrely inappropriate contexts—not games trying to actually deal with legit sexual themes.

With the way Valve's been putting their foot down on explicitly sexual content lately, I wonder if she'll be able to get by. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that a few heads at Valve were fans of Digital/Analogue, but I doubt that'd be enough for them to just give her the OK. She even mentions how just a few years ago, she had one of, if not the only, VNs on Steam at all. And now there's a huge market for it on the service.

louiedog

If you're one of those people who buys crappy licensed Activision games when they get cheap because you're afraid they'll get delisted and you'll lose your chance to buy a crappy licensed Activision game, Fast & Furious™: Showdown is 75% off ($7.49) in the week longs.

RozJEOP.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
see this is what happens when I don't make shitty threads you haters

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1024303

3rd page in 5 minutes

now working on WHATS THE BEST ZELDA CHARACTER thread

u should just post that stuff here

it's an interesting question you bring up, and it's definitely a bad thing since i don't think it's ever prompted a positive reaction on anyone. it's always like "ugh i fucked up" or reload.

if you care about immersion having the character ask you "ARE YOU SHURE YOU WANNA DO THIS" might be a bit jarring, but i guess that's the most diegetic that you can get

the problem often is that you're not told what you have to do to progress, but there's not a reason for this. like, it could be a srs design decision to have you kind of walking in the dark until you stumble upon the solution, but often you're told to find someone and it's just meant to get you running around a town or whatever, and that stuff could be better done. it could be a multiple step solution that's not triggered automatically, for instance, so it's not like you randomly "interacted" and suddenly you have made progress against your will heh

i think videogames for the most part have gotten around the issues of this problem by slowly removing missables and making missions replayable and such. if you can go back then it doesn't really matter all that much

I don't know if saying it's NSFW allows for straight up bare tits. TiTS, maybe. Might want to edit that~

In similarly NSFW news, IndieHaven did an interview with Christine Love on her new VN "Ladykiller in a Bind" which is going to focus heavily on the sexual antics of more lewd VNs while criticizing the way they've become accepted tropes. The subject of Steam comes up:

With the way Valve's been putting their foot down on explicitly sexual content lately, I wonder if she'll be able to get by. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that a few heads at Valve were fans of Digital/Analogue, but I doubt that'd be enough for them to just give her the OK. She even mentions how just a few years ago, she had one of, if not the only, VNs on Steam at all. And now there's a huge market for it on the service.
ty for this

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you're one of those people who buys crappy licensed Activision games when they get cheap because you're afraid they'll get delisted and you'll lose your chance to buy a crappy licensed Activision game, Fast & Furious™: Showdown is 75% off ($7.49) in the week longs.

Just look at those incredibly accurate physics. I mean, that's more or less how I drive to work.

sprinkles

If the Steam Link thingie is ARM based I am sure we will get In-Home-Streaming for Android devices as well... in November.

I have played around ~20 hours of Pillars Of Eternity in the past 7 days (and couple of those days I didn't play at all).

It's very addictive. And good. Very good. Excellent.

There's a new Humble Mobile Bundle.
Nobody cares, right?
Right.

I'll buy it if they are on Windows Phone too.

HAHAHAH HAHA HAHAH

lawl

zkylon

zkylewd
We chatted a little bit, and he ended up showing up at my PAX booth with a sketch he’d done while watching a panel, of *Mute with a mouthful of jizz. I am not sure he would have been able to get away with this if he wasn’t, frankly, pretty hot—but he was, so it was pretty fucking amazing.

lol that's hilarious

With no context this is pretty bad.

earlier post, dumbo: http://indiehaven.com/interview-with-christine-love-creator-of-ladykiller-in-a-bind/

DmAc2k6

Here you go, SteamGAF.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DmAc2k6, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Project Night -- MB-DB8DE2EB337BAAB0 - Taken by texhnolyze. 4 entrants total.
Urban Legends -- MB-18A6458458D4FA52 - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.
Disillusions Manga Horror -- MB-9A0FE818150EBFF4 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Astray -- MB-DF18CC91B1400A9A - Taken by freshVeggie. 5 entrants total.

t1428348528z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I did jasec's avatar manually with my face years ago

LQcUOIb.jpg

saoirse is a cheat

wzwpxlcT.jpeg

Square Enix interactive shit is really boring. I wonder who thought that making it this long was good idea?

You're talking about a company that thought it'd be a good idea to announce an FF7 re-release at a PS4 event using nothing but the standard FF7 logo. ;)

Edit: My internet is amazing:
Current Rate (Kbps) 907 842

That's right, my download speed is slower than my upload speed.

Deitus

I guess Deques got banned for that boobs post. Not exactly surprising, but still a shame. RIP in Peace. Hope it wasn't for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom