• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
some folks are losing their cool with that W3 expansion announcement. They shouldn't have used the word "pass" but im sure some marketing folks weren't going to let that happen. Sucks that folks are giving them a hard time given that they seem to be doing right by it.

Arthea

lemme share some wisdom concerning HDD. On a hard disk of any size from 100 to 200 GBs is white noise, it doesn't belong to you. If you were to uninstall pretty much everything and delete everything you'll find at least 100 GBs unaccounted for
(no, I don't mean temp files)
. Of course this can be avoided if you spend more time cleaning your hd than filling it.
The moral of this story, if you buy ~200GB hd, you simply throwing your money away and as well can give those to me.

The face of the strategy genre is sexy vampire ladies?

what do you have against vampire ladies?

Dsyndrome

CDPR pulled a Last Guardian with Cyberpunk, game was announced in 2012 and nothing since then except higher priorities with Witcher 3. 2017 at the earliest unless they pull a Houdini at E3.

CDPR pulled a Last Guardian with Cyberpunk, game was announced in 2012 and nothing since then except higher priorities with Witcher 3. 2017 at the earliest unless they pull a Houdini at E3.

at least we saw some in game footage for TLG. Cyperpunk has been vaporware since it was announced.

It's easy to forget how cheap things are in the US compared to the rest of the world. Very lucky in that regard. And I appreciate it, it'll all work out. Gives me an excuse to go back to school.

Worse case scenario you can join in the riots!

I was weak. So sorry...
77FxjTq.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
at least we saw some in game footage for TLG. Cyperpunk has been vaporware since it was announced.

If nothing else, I hope all of the downgrade talk that has permeated Witcher 3 discussion over the past year or so will compell CDPR to keep Cyberpunk close to its chest until it can be sure it's not demonstrating an unrealistic goal.

Accoun

Last vacation I saw a guy in a "Cyberpunk 2077 Dev Team" t-shirt when I visited Warsaw, so at least they don't seem to have pulled a Resident Evil PSP. :p

madjoki

Apparently GTA V exe from Social Club is dated 24.2.2015. (It's not encrypted like on Steam). Launcher is from few days ago thought.

Sounds odd, wonder what they did during the delay.

Sini

lemme share some wisdom concerning HDD. On a hard disk of any size from 100 to 200 GBs is white noise, it doesn't belong to you. If you were to uninstall pretty much everything and delete everything you'll find at least 100 GBs unaccounted for
(no, I don't mean temp files)
. Of course this can be avoided if you spend more time cleaning your hd than filling it.
The moral of this story, if you buy ~200GB hd, you simply throwing your money away and as well can give those to me.
What the heck are you talking about?
If you mean that for example 512GB drives are actually 476GB then you're confusing gigabytes with gibibytes. Windows shows storage device capacity with GB, but it's actually GiB for reasons.

madjoki

What the heck are you talking about?
If you mean that for example 512GB drives are actually 476GB then you're confusing gigabytes with gibibytes. Windows shows storage device capacity with GB, but it's actually GiB for reasons.

A joke?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently GTA V exe from Social Club is dated 24.2.2015. (It's not encrypted like on Steam). Launcher is from few days ago thought.

Sounds odd, wonder what they did during the delay.

GTA Online maintenance, maybe.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So you have to pay more? That's stupid. I'd just make a new account or something.

If the delta between the current BTA and your higher BTA is less than the amount you paid initially, you would still have to pay more (example: your BTA is $5.50, the current BTA is $5, you paid $1; it would take you $4.50 to get the BTA but $5 to get the BTA if you start a new account). So at most you would overpay by your initial payment, which we can infer usually $1, but typically less. Now, we could also discuss the most you could save through this scheme, which is the delta between your lower BTA and the current BTA, and could be fairly large -- $3-4.

Thus, the optimum strategy for gaming Humble:
- If the BTA is lower than you expect it to be long term, lock in now at $1, and you will probably save a few bucks if you choose to upgrade to BTA.
- If the BTA is as high or higher than you expect it to be long term, wait until the reveal to buy the first stage or you may have to overpay by up to $1.

Accoun

Maybe I shouldn't treat this thread as a general PC one (although it seems to become one), but continuing with the Revision demoparty I posted last time - this is AMAZING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHXx3orN35Y

And "PC thread" kinda fits because it's on PC.
The original one, from 1981. With CGA graphics. (suposedly it doesn't even work on any emulators)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom