• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
How do you define Uncharted-like ones if you mind? I am thinking of being a TPS. It is of great quality and especially the second and third have some beautiful levels and set-pieces but at its core it is just a good TPS. Not that special or groundbreaking. It was truly great fun and the levels kept on surprising me.
Mmm... I see it like something that focuses more on the "exploration" of new places and landscapes (I use quotation marks because these games are mostly linear, so maybe "discovery" would be a better word) than on shooting bad guys, even though there may be a lot of shooting, as is the case with Uncharted. There are also platforming elements and many cinematic moments (running through explosions, gliding through trees, stuff like that).

I consider that a different "flavor" of TPS games than, say, Max Payne or Spec Ops: The Line, both of which feel more action or story-oriented to me (respectively).

dex3108

So i played few matches in R6 Siege Closed Alpha and it was intense. Matches are short but intense. Teamwork is crucial, you will be down in a second if you go alone. Tactics are there for both sides. But maybe maps are too small. Larger maps would be better in my opinion but not too large. Destructible environment is part of the gameplay in good way. You need to be careful and look around you, every hole in wall can be lethal for you :D

All in all game has potential to be something great.

dex3108

How are the guns? You know, in terms of controlling etc.

Recoil is there and i can impact your aiming, but it is not hard to control it. Still you will be better if you use short bursts. Guns deal nice damage so usually if you start shooting at your target there is big chance that target will go down.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided announced (too early)

HQ0OmJIbBeA.jpg

Not really a fan of Jensen returning. His story should have ended with Human Revolution.

I suppose it'll end up being the same as Deus Ex's endings, where they were all merged into one in the sequel.

I'm still looking forward to more information, of course.

So does the new Deus Ex game take place are HR or Deus Ex 1?

The google cache translation found in the reveal thread's OP seems to suggest that it'll take place after HR but before DX1.

I liked it. I even played the expansion. I'd like to go into more detail but 2011 was a long time ago.

Of course you would like it, JC. :p

Dsyndrome

Awesome, new Deus Ex! Have to decide if I want to continue on with the PS3 save in Hong Kong for HR or start over now that I have a PC capable of running it.

Deitus

I'm completely shocked by the DX announcement

I should finish HR

So should I. Eventually.

Does anyone have any opinion on the Director's Cut for that game. I know it supposedly "fixed" the boss fights. But I'm about 5-10 hours into HR, and I assume save files don't transfer over. Would it be worth buying the DC and starting over, or should I just keep playing the version I have?

Zeknurn

So it seems like Rockstar have made the rookie mistake in that they haven't encrypted or opted to not include the executables in the GTA V preload on Rockstar Warehouse.

If it's the complete game they must put great faith in their DRM.

dex3108

So it seems like Rockstar have made the rookie mistake in that they haven't encrypted or opted to not include the executables in the GTA V preload on Rockstar Warehouse.

If it's the complete game they must put great faith in their DRM.

Source? :D

Keep playing the vanilla version. It's better from any point of view. If you own the DLC, you're missing nothing.
I never had problem on doing a no kill run even on bosses (SE said they fixed some boss fights).
The WiiU port had several problems (dunno if they fixed all of them), vanilla version has ZERO.

Yep. Only thing changed is Missing Link plays...when it need to be played in DC, while on vanilla you can play it as a DLC, so when you complete main game. And I think this is better, because the DLC is not so short, if you want do it stealthy you need to spend at least 3-4 hours on it.
the boss fights blow ass in vanilla though

While it's neat they're announcing a new Deus Ex, everything in that leak looks like it's all just pre-vis work, mock-ups and concept art. You shouldn't be showing a game off that early because it is literally not a game, it's a collection of ideas of what a game could be. Unless they're planning to crowd fund the next Deus Ex I don't understand why they're showing it so early.

Also if Eidos Montreal has two teams, Human Revolution came out 4 years ago, what the hell has the Deus Ex team been doing in all that time?

While it's neat they're announcing a new Deus Ex, everything in that leak looks like it's all just pre-vis work, mock-ups and concept art. You shouldn't be showing a game off that early because it is literally not a game, it's a collection of ideas of what a game could be. Unless they're planning to crowd fund the next Deus Ex I don't understand why they're showing it so early.

Also if Eidos Montreal has two teams, Human Revolution came out 4 years ago, what the hell has the Deus Ex team been doing in all that time?

they haven't shown anything, some screens leaked out but that doesn't mean that it's all they intended to show for the game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So should I. Eventually.

Does anyone have any opinion on the Director's Cut for that game. I know it supposedly "fixed" the boss fights. But I'm about 5 hours into HR, and I assume save files don't transfer over. Would it be worth buying the DC and starting over, or should I just keep playing the version I have?

It 'fixed' the boss fights by giving players more options, sure. It also has some really great in-game audio commentary that you should at least read the basics of here if you ever finish the game (the thread has major spoilers in it).

The DC goes for $3.99-$4.99 during most sales, so it's not that expensive. It really comes down to if you want to play with the DLC integrated into the main plot (opinions are divided on whether it was implemented well in the DC or not), whether you want the reworked boss fights or not, and how much you remember of what you've already played. There's also a New Game+ option if you care for those.

they haven't shown anything, some screens leaked out but that doesn't mean that it's all they intended to show for the game.

Right, they're from a leak but those don't look like screenshots from an actual game, they look like mock ups and concept paintings, pre-visualisation work from before actual development begins.

Salsa

59 gigs for gtaV huh

but yeah zkylon's reasoning kinda made me reconsider and I doubt i'll get it

there's no real zeitgeist so other than my need to play it there's no reason to get it, and I can wait for a sale

Knurek

Maybe I shouldn't treat this thread as a general PC one (although it seems to become one), but continuing with the Revision demoparty I posted last time - this is AMAZING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHXx3orN35Y

And "PC thread" kinda fits because it's on PC.
The original one, from 1981. With CGA graphics. (suposedly it doesn't even work on any emulators)

Amazing.
Pretty much one of the most impressive PC demos, technical-wise.
At least on par with fr-08: .the .product when it comes to impact.

Sendou

Which I shouldn't have to do in a stealth build.

Obviously. It's a flaw and I think they admitted as much when they released DC. Doesn't mean you can't play the original game even today. I just found that doing investing the one or two points in that one talent makes for much more pleasant boss fights.

Annubis

It 'fixed' the boss fights by giving players more options, sure. It also has some really great in-game audio commentary that you should at least read the basics of here if you ever finish the game (the thread has major spoilers in it).

The DC goes for $3.99-$4.99 during most sales, so it's not that expensive. It really comes down to if you want to play with the DLC integrated into the main plot (opinions are divided on whether it was implemented well in the DC or not), whether you want the reworked boss fights or not, and how much you remember of what you've already played. There's also a New Game+ option if you care for those.

You forgot the part about all the visual and audio glitches.

(DC was made on an earlier built of the game than the original version and suffers from it)

dex3108

Nuuvem GTA V keys are out. Please write if game can be activated without issues, and when you download game check files and see if all language files are there. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom