• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

titch

Won some stuff recently so just passing some new stuff on in kind and some stuff that wasn't taken the last time.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Great Permutator -- MB-680EAB0339C11F57 - Taken by Accoun. 3 entrants total.
Heavy Bullets -- MB-B65A0FC9A9314B00 - Taken by SalsaShark. 6 entrants total.
Volt -- MB-DBC6224341F0F9E4 - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-D9AF85B8FF1AB8BE - Taken by kurahador. 5 entrants total.
Pineview Drive -- MB-904A6DDD895096F9 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.
Velocibox -- MB-183014228CAD4B28 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.

t1428455203z1.png

Deitus

New games journalism thread.

ABSOLUTELY NO GAMERGATE ALLOWED!

I'm sniggering uncontrollably.

I'm glad to see there is even a new games journalism thread. The last one got killed when gamergate happened. So it's a good thing they posted that rule, because I don't want this one to die too. There's a lot to criticize in game journalism, but gamergate discussion would just derail the whole thread (again).

Catshade

Woke up to the new Deus Ex news...the confirmation of a new game itself is great, but screenshots don't really move me; Too similiar to the black-and-gold Detroit/Hengsha we already know. I hope they have a more diverse setting this time.

Anteater

My friend outraging about witcher 3 expansion is funny, it seems like people already forgot they have always existed before last generation, and the DLCs they were complaining about didn't start until Bethesda released the small sized horse armor DLCs at the beginning of last gen.

*I have no idea how much content there is in the witcher 3, so I'm not saying they are all worth the money, but I feel like people already forgot what the stuff they were up in arms about last generation was.

I don't understand Neverwinter anymore, it was already getting to big for it's britches with all it's systems and currency and stuff, but now this new update just made everything even more complicated.

I guess I'll try re-installing Guild Wars 2, I'm in a MMO mood right now and nothing is doing it for me.

My friend outraging about witcher 3 expansion is funny, it seems like people already forgot they have always existed before last generation, and the DLCs they were complaining about didn't start until Bethesda released the small sized horse armor DLCs at the beginning of last gen.

People have no idea that expansion exist way long before DLC.
Expansions are the good thing about gaming in the past, and they only see them as DLCs now. How sad.

Jawmuncher

I don't understand Neverwinter anymore, it was already getting to big for it's britches with all it's systems and currency and stuff, but now this new update just made everything even more complicated.

I guess I'll try re-installing Guild Wars 2, I'm in a MMO mood right now and nothing is doing it for me.

Reminds me of never winter 2. Triejd to play that coop with friends and had no idea wth I was doing. Neither did they.

Sarcasm

Guys I have a question, steam related.

I have a hdd with steam installed and majority of my games go there as well.

Now I have a second ssd that I haven't used much but I got skybutt and preloaded gtav on it.

I want to know if there is a way to move the preloaded gtav onto my hdd and when it unlocks it goes to the ssd?

I have enough space on ssd for it to unlock but I don't want that many writes to it.

Yeah, fuck Neverwinter currency.
It's a decent game otherwise. Too bad it's being handled by a wrong publisher.

How many of them are/were console gamers? :p

Like 90% of them, perhaps.
Especially on Gaf.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of fenners, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MirrorMoon EP -- MB-DC9609D18B4E8AF7 - Taken by derExperte. 19 entrants total.

t1428462943z1.png

Deitus

Guys I have a question, steam related.

I have a hdd with steam installed and majority of my games go there as well.

Now I have a second ssd that I haven't used much but I got skybutt and preloaded gtav on it.

I want to know if there is a way to move the preloaded gtav onto my hdd and when it unlocks it goes to the ssd?

I have enough space on ssd for it to unlock but I don't want that many writes to it.

Well, if you can unlock it on the HDD, you can definitely move it over to the SSD afterwards without issue as long as you also move over the corresponding app manifest file.

I've never tried moving a preloaded game prior to release though. I would assume it would be just as easy, but I'm not sure if the encrypted file is stored in the same way as a full game that you could move it just as easily.

Miguel81

Typing of the Dead Overkill is pretty fun in short bursts. My typing skills are a bit rusty since I've only been getting mostly C's in hard mode. Some enemies just pop out with rather verbose words in long phrases and get a hit in before I finish. This is a game that's full of fucks.

chixdiggit

Typing of the Dead Overkill is pretty fun in short bursts. My typing skills are a bit rusty since I've only been getting mostly C's in hard mode. Some enemies just pop out with rather verbose words in long phrases and get a hit in before I finish. This is a game that's full of fucks.

I actually prefer the House of the Dead mode more. Really fun with the Razer Hydra.

zkylon

zkylewd
what's this mean お誕生日おめでとうございます :p

is it lewd

New games journalism thread.

ABSOLUTELY NO GAMERGATE ALLOWED!

I'm sniggering uncontrollably.
oooh link me

*I have no idea how much content there is in the witcher 3, so I'm not saying they are all worth the money, but I feel like people already forgot what the stuff they were up in arms about last generation was.
yea like, good dlc is awesome

like dark souls and new vegas and dxhr, those dlcs were amazing

and like yeah, concept artists and designers are often doing nothing for the last month or so of development so it makes sense to have them working on new content for the game

It's Zkylon's birthday today? Happy birthday fellow Argentinian GAFfer!

thanks araceli <3

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Prepare to (end game spoilers)
absolutely detest the final boss. Almost ruined the game for me.

what's this mean &#12362;&#35477;&#29983;&#26085;&#12362;&#12417;&#12391;&#12392;&#12358;&#12372;&#12374;&#12356;&#12414;&#12377; :p

is it lewd

Read as "otanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu", means "Happy birthday". :)

Just realized the ModBot garbage dump image was from this game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I am very proud of myself. I did not buy a game that was on sale and instead remained overdrawn in my bank account. Go me!
I came back from vacations last week, still haven't paid my credit card bills (which will require my entire last month's salary and more), had to exchange some of my savings in order to get some (local) money, and I'm still going to buy a complete copy of Pokemon HeartGold next week. So no, long live financial irresponsibility!

Seriously, I'm glad you were strong like that. Which game was it?

sheaaaa

What's South Park's low violence version and how can I get a proper version of the game? Singapore here, no idea why we're getting this rubbish.

_hekk05

Banned
I can see why they'd want to keep off-topic discussion out.

Continues to snigger uncontrollably.

There will be a reckoning. Not anytime soon, but we're heading there.

I just want to watch the world burn.

Also silly zkylewd not everything japanese is lewd

_hekk05

Banned
What's South Park's low violence version and how can I get a proper version of the game? Singapore here, no idea why we're getting this rubbish.

Yay SG represent!

Yeah I'm honestly surprised South Park made it uncensored for so long with our laws.

Why do people still believe this "our game is 200 hour long" bs? I just saw the Witcher 3 thread and people saying the game is 200 hours long, so the season pass is okay (which is in my opinion).

But I am sure if you are finished after 50 hours with all the sidequests completed, then CDProject will say something like "Yeah. We meant if you replay it 4-5 times to get all the different dialogues and endings".

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Continues to snigger uncontrollably.

There will be a reckoning. Not anytime soon, but we're heading there.

I just want to watch the world burn.

It's going to be pretty hard. Gaters are a step below truthers as they at least get a single thread to discuss their stupid bullshit in.

_hekk05

Banned
It's going to be pretty hard. Gaters are a step below truthers as they get a single thread to discuss their stupid bullshit in.

Pfft you call that a gator discussion thread?

More like the bait out gators and ban them thread.

Like I said, the world will burn.

Soon...
But not that soon.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Pfft you call that a gator discussion thread?

More like the bait out gators and ban them thread.

Like I said, the world will burn.

Soon...
But not that soon.

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about here. Like, I can see from the last few pages you want to become some kind of schadenfreude monster, but it looks like you've picked the wrong teams.

zkylon

zkylewd
every time south park is on sale it's like i convince myself i don't really care for south park

it's like something i feel i should buy because obsidian but ehhh i tried to care for south park a couple months ago and gave it a shot but i feel like the only stuff i find funny about it is the silly argie voices swearing in like neutral latin american spanish

_hekk05

Banned
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about here. Like, I can see from the last few pages you want to become some kind of schadenfreude monster, but it looks like you've picked the wrong teams.

Its probably the bloodborne talking. Ignore my weird choice of words.

Deception

every time south park is on sale it's like i convince myself i don't really care for south park

it's like something i feel i should buy because obsidian but ehhh i tried to care for south park a couple months ago and gave it a shot but i feel like the only stuff i find funny about it is the silly argie voices swearing in like neutral latin american spanish
For me I always find myself going back to South Park even after long periods of not watching it and dying laughing.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kagemusha:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Pressure -- MB-1FA4BA4694C58D1F - Taken by Purkake4
Race Injection -- MB-0E4D1A0098D5E3F4 - Taken by Blu(e)
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-37E45488C2524C98 - Taken by WinterDemons
Little Racers STREET -- MB-ABDE80722BAF7E54 - Taken by Deception

_hekk05

Banned

First post:
lachesism
n. the desire to be struck by disaster—to survive a plane crash, to lose everything in a fire, to plunge over a waterfall—which would put a kink in the smooth arc of your life, and forge it into something hardened and flexible and sharp, not just a stiff prefabricated beam that barely covers the gap between one end of your life and the other.

Reads like rich white people problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom