• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That Shenmue mod is so rad...and wholesome as well.

Im thinking doing a Capcom x SNK roster style outfits. I already made my own version of Chun Li and I think I got a few characters that can easily be transformed into others.

Dr Dogg

Well I see anime hasn't tore this place apart while I've been away.

Hola SteamGAF! I know some folks like to bang on about there's been no innovation or progress in the gaming GPU market for age but I get the feeling those peeps haven't had to roll back to a card that was strutting its stuff 6-7 years ago when they make that claim. Playing anything released recently with as much as possible toned down or off and running at a quarter native res with no room for proper AA is not a pretty thing.

Still my RMA came back. Well it came back rejected as no fault was found despite an awful lot of pictures, diagnostics and reports from myself detailing the fault. Though when their testing report only says 'The fan seems to be working so we blasted the card with an hours worth of Furmark' I get the feeling that their testing methodology is cavalier and considering the problem illogical too. Still thanks to the wonders of Consumer Contracts Regulations and me being a persistent bastard got a refund in full (well there was no fault found after their 'tests'). So while I'm still without a GPU of note (and will be at least for 3-5 business days while this is processed) by the time I have that sorted my awful internet might have actually preloaded GTAV.

Truth be told I just want to finish off Pillars but I'm at an area where on my hodge podge setup at the mo it runs a liiiittle bit rough.

Won't be playing the PC version for a looong time but I'm weirdly excited to see/read impressions from PC GAFers who haven't played anything of it yet.

Me neither, will wait till it's cheap on steam. I really enjoyed the PS3 version, but I'm in not in a desperate rush to play it again.

Also Invisible Inc. from Klei will be coming out of early Access some time in May. It's great fun so far. Futuristic Spy X-COM like.

Arthea

so it must be me and my total lack of belief in anything R* related.
until they'll give me nicely running RDR on PC, it'll remain so

Arthea

what's with steam again? It shows the Witcher 3 as a new release today.

fake edit: I still can believe that people pay more for access to not Finnish games. That's too strange and weird.

Dr Dogg

edited: in case nobody noticed, March is over... and Lightning didn't return.
shouldn't we be worried or something?

Well technically Spring 2015 runs until June 21st and I'd imagine that would be closer to the date it might drop. It's quite a FF filed year with Type-0 last month, FF X/X-2 HDier editon out in May, XIV Heavnsward in June, Record Keeper as well last month.

Tizoc

Well technically Spring 2015 runs until June 21st and I'd imagine that would be closer to the date it might drop. It's quite a FF filed year with Type-0 last month, FF X/X-2 HDier editon out in May, XIV Heavnsward in June, Record Keeper as well last month.

Gah hope we get Ys 6 before June DX.

I remember when the steam thread wasn't plagued with smilies.

Sry.gif

Sarcasm

I know I asked this before but was wondering would it just be better & faster to delete my GTAV preload and download it again on release?

I ask this cause it is on my SSD right now. I don't want that many writes and the SSD is 256gb. When the de-encypting happens which uses another 60GB I will be fine with 5GB to spare. I have one other game on it. I run steam and majority of my games off my HDD. I can download GTAV in just two hours and I can assume decrypting will take roughly the same.

Or is there a better trick?

_hekk05

Banned
By the way, does anybody have the name for the font Kojima uses in all his games where he spells out "A Hideo Kojima Game"?

I want to change my ticker tape to "A Hideo Kojima Doujin".

_hekk05

Banned
it really had? I don't remember, tbh

That was a looooong time ago. Supposedly the reason why its not allowed now is because the servers can't handle it.

It smells like a bullshit excuse, but then again gaf goes down for the smallest of things.

Dr Dogg

I know I asked this before but was wondering would it just be better & faster to delete my GTAV preload and download it again on release?

I ask this cause it is on my SSD right now. I don't want that many writes and the SSD is 256gb. When the de-encypting happens which uses another 60GB I will be fine with 5GB to spare. I have one other game on it. I run steam and majority of my games off my HDD. I can download GTAV in just two hours and I can assume decrypting will take roughly the same.

Or is there a better trick?

Unless you've got an ancient SSD I wouldn't worry about unpack times or writes. 60gbs of FFXIII took me less than 10 mins to unpack on an 840 Pro. 120gb of writes is nothing for current NAND/TLC chips, Samsung give a figure of something around 100tb of lifetime writes and that's being very generous. I think Anandtech or someone similar did or are still conducting a torture test to see how much they can get out of a selection of SSD's and it's an awful lot more than what manufacturers state.

*facepalms*
seriously, why?

I imagine they don't like sales, exposure, profit etc...

Humble must have thrown some serious cash at them even with the commission rate difference between the 2 stores.

Edit: Humble haven't even sent an email out about it. Completely stealth release.

Everything about how Stealth Inc/Bastard 2 has been distributed feels like some sort of experiment in how to sell as many copies of your game on every platform before coming onto steam. It's been bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom