• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

made the derrick gif

SneakyPaleIberianmole.gif

GaussTek

Oh sh*t, dat Deux Ex trailer.

Can't wait! I enjoyed HR despite not being fan of FPS. Actually, the only first-person games I've really liked (in all my life) are Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry (3-4), the Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Deus Ex: HR heh

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
But you actually see a dev actually operating the game with those graphics on a PC in the engine tools running in real time....

true ... but then again - they might as well have quad Titans in that machine for all we know

Hats off. It's all I can say.

Ok, I can say a bit more than that. This is much more than a straight conversion. Many new rooms, objects, dialogue were added which - and that is very important - do add and fit well into what is the base Half-Life experience. I really loved the banter between science staff.

Visually this mod shines.... literally. The default bloom is set to a felt 11.
Just look or better take a glimpse before your eyes shut.

Thankfully the devs added a separate settings tab for new features were among others bloom can be adjusted. I just wish there was an explanation what each box means though. Don't understand all.
Back to visuals. There are many small obejects, many of which you barely see, that are so crazy highly detailed, I no longer wonder why this conversion took so long. It does give an impression of disjointedness when much less detailed objects are close to these though. You can't have it all. From a non-profit project this is way more than anyone could expect.
Crazy to think the original game is 17 years old! I still remember it like it was yesterday. One of my favorites. Hah, to think I am playing such a nostalgic game today, the day I was born, makes it only more emotional.
Really loving it so far and I will definitely continue playing.

Here some more choice screenshots.
yvour6b.jpg
6Rf2IRn.jpg

Just a beautiful sight for Half-Life fans :D
IUeeMSv.jpg

Everyone's favorites Dr. Kleiner and Dr. Vance.
78XCjtU.jpg

Females also found their way deep underground.
Give Minerva a go if you haven't already. One of the best free mods I've played.
Thanks! I will try it out.

Hinomura

Anyone know where I can reliably purchase a bundle copy of cryostasis?

Checked a few online stores and aside a boxed non-steam version from Amazon, I fear your only solution for a Steam key is an expensive trader :/ (or an unreliable -expensive- seller)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Ugh, god, I hate this crap. With Steam's really stupid lock-out after so many failed authorizations, you get screwed if you get the jump on a set of keys but had already tried a few that someone had already taken. And I mean, I caught their image of a batch of keys seconds after it had been posted, used an OCR reader and dumped the results within a few seconds and all of those keys were still taken. And now I guess I can't try for a little bit in case someone else puts out keys because, hey, Steam is silly.

I just want to play the game, not have to play stupid games to just get to play the game. :<

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Looks like about 80% of the gaming side bans in the last few days were people yelling at each other in an Angry Joe thread or people getting hyped for Halo Online piracy.

... and that's why you shouldn't venture outside of steamgaf, kids

derExperte

Man Puncher got banned ... lolwut? xD

I like to imagine he got banned for posting too many anime GIFs but yeah, his comments in the Angry Joe thread did it. And sorry but after what usually happens in those he was screaming 'BAN ME PLS' as loud as possible.

edit: He'll be back in two weeks. And plans to drown me in anime GIFs. I'm already dead.

Grief.exe

jpg

7 discs ?
why not using the blue ray disc for PCs ?

DVD drives are ubiquitous, and cheap, among those who use physical media. Adding unnecessary requirements may lock out potential purchases.

I also don't know what the break even point for manufacturing would be, between using less overall discs against licensing cost for Blu Ray.

Very hyped for Deus EX.
Too many games, way too many games.
I wonder how much I can get done in DS2 before TW3 hits.
Then Yakuza 5, Batman and Tits 2 (god only knows when that one is coming though), MGSV...
It's not that many games considering they're spread out over 7 months but they're all so friggin' huge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom