• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

A Groupees bundle that's not a crime against humanity? With two games from my wishlist? Fitting that it's the first I didn't preorder.

yuraya

Those reviews for QB look rough. Metacritic in the 70s ouch. Then again Remedy has always been an overrated developer so its not really surprising. People gloss over them like they ares something special but they aren't. That idea to do a live tv show is dumb as fuck. No wonder MS decided to release QB on PC. Sales will probably be poor compared to the budget of that game so they will need all the sales they can get. Still saying it'll get a Steam release before the end of the year.

Those reviews for QB look rough. Metacritic in the 70s ouch. Then again Remedy has always been an overrated developer so its not really surprising. People gloss over them like they ares something special but they aren't.

Not only was Death Rally brilliant, there are still Max Payne copycats releasing every other week.

First two Max Payne's have held up incredibly well to boot.

Harmonix is getting desperate for support for the Rock Band 4 campaign. They're promising in-game Surgeon Simulator, Humble Bundle, and Paradox Interactive shirts, plus free downloadable tracks from Surgeon Simulator and Europa Universalis IV, if the campaign reaches its goal.

The campaign is nearly 900k away from said goal with less than five days remaining.

11o0ki.jpg

bbd23

Those reviews for QB look rough. Metacritic in the 70s ouch. Then again Remedy has always been an overrated developer so its not really surprising. People gloss over them like they ares something special but they aren't. That idea to do a live tv show is dumb as fuck. No wonder MS decided to release QB on PC. Sales will probably be poor compared to the budget of that game so they will need all the sales they can get. Still saying it'll get a Steam release before the end of the year.

have you played the max payne games?

Grief.exe

Harmonix is getting desperate for support for the Rock Band 4 campaign. They're promising in-game Surgeon Simulator, Humble Bundle, and Paradox Interactive shirts, plus free downloadable tracks from Surgeon Simulator and Europa Universalis IV, if the campaign reaches its goal.

The campaign is nearly 900k away from said goal with less than five days remaining.

Does Fig charge you before the campaign is over?

I have problems with the way the campaign was run, specifically the high barrier for entry for new users and the nearly inexplicably high total budget, but I would still like to see this succeed.

Uzzy

Anybody remember what game it was that they showed us (at E3 maybe) last year? It was kind of a cartoony first person stealth game where they were trying to break into this old guys house and sneak into his basement. It's all I remember really.

AHA-Lambda

It always looked dull from the off to me, never understood the hype for it apart from coming from Remedy.

And Alan Wake was hardly any great shakes.

Going to wait on a deal for Dark Souls III. Might pick up Jalopy or RIOT, depending on how it is received. Super Arcade Football is going to be a hit once it gets online multiplayer I think.

Ban Puncher

Maybe Harmonix should of gone with Kickstarter instead of relatively unknown crowd funding service (which was set up by other successful KS recipients so they could potentially keep more money but that's another kettle of fish) that takes less of a cut.

Because now that cut is going to be zero dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

mp1990

Banned
Maybe Harmonix should of gone with Kickstarter instead of relatively unknown crowd funding service (which was set up by other successful KS recipients so they could potentially keep more money but that's another kettle of fish) that takes less of a cut.

Bcvg8eVd7CI_Qic7z9x4DVZDn6ORRwJ16bHwZJIVa6gZ7ol0P_rtep77NHW4ZO-3N-SeHigWnEzgYE8gU5rWi3o2f1_MDBLO-jy4W6CuPosidZ9zPrt1hxnzH-dXlI4ZvFPNdfv08DoWDvb4oT0BDKy8-TFMGzomv3pvwbH2EGDtxw2MSFmrXiIrXzQkhLD81as=w500-h211-nc

I'm pretty sure it would have failed there too.

also can people make up their mind about hyper light drifter? is it like bastion or is it good?

So... is it great or is it good? Because Bastion was absolutely stellar.

if you'll keep assaulting my eyes by using those obscene filters on your avatar much longer, I might be tempted to send you one.
just sayin

Avatar filters to make his avatar less anime and attempt not to offend people is offending people. Oh, the irony. ;)

It's a 2D pixel art game so it's less jarring than you'd expect, combat is pretty smooth regardless. Still unfortunate though, especially since there's a lot of scrolling going on.

30fps? Terrible port, must be garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

the video killed me. although to be honest even if they went with kickstarter I'm sure they would've just ended up failing anyway.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-B92E15C3670F0354 - Taken by laserlaser. 19 entrants total.
For those who like holes

t1459539465z1.png

I got a new PC about half a year ago and I made a new Steam account to have a fresh start. I've already bought a couple of games in the last big sale, but it's been quite some time since I used Steam.
Can anyone explain to me what these cards do? Looks like most people tend to buy games only if they give you cards? What is their purpose?

Arthea

30fps? Terrible port, must be garbage.

Oh c'mon, I'm no fps police and you won't see me bitching about 30 fps all that often, unless we are talking fast games, fast games have no place being 30 fps, especially if it's not an old port. Can we agree on that at least?

Groupees' Tax Year 2 Bundle

MYSTERY PRODUCT
MYSTERY PRODUCT
MYSTERY PRODUCT

.... that's actually funny
until you understand that every mystery hides a bad rat or two

I can agree that we need a sarcasm button to attach to posts. :)

he was not being sarcastic, he hates 30 fps bitching
I think

pahamrick

Oh c'mon, I'm no fps police and you won't see me bitching about 30 fps all that often, unless we are talking fast games, fast games have no place being 30 fps, especially if it's not an old port. Can we agree on that at least?
I think

I can agree that we need a sarcasm button to attach to posts. :)

This is Frosty, i assume sarcasm.

Backlogger

Ugh, Groupees making me create a password I will likely never remember

Edit, nvm, i guess it just needed to be a little longer

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Rock Band was really a product of it's time. When the first game released in '07, it was like "the ultimate party game" because it was like the already popular Guitar Hero except that everyone (up to 4 at least) could all play at the same time. The series really took off in 2008 with Rock Band 2, giving people an easier to navigate menu and by that time a good amount of DLC consisting of popular songs.

Nowadays, Rock Band is a "has been" series. A fad that's passed and somehow stays niche enough to have a small following. It's like Furby, Beanie Babies, Rubix Cubes, Pogs, or Hula Hoops. These things are still around, but mostly as novelties of a bygone era. Rock Band 4 (on consoles) is the culmination of recent nostalgia and people's insatiable lust for remasters.

Personally, I enjoy Rock Band - bought Rock Band 4 on PS4 and even plunked down to re-purchase some of my favorite songs that I had bought back when I had an Xbox Live account. I'd like to see Rock Band 4 on PC if only to know that it won't be stuck on a particular platform when that platform dies. But I have no illusions that Rock Band will ever be "a thing" again, and they shouldn't either.

AHA-Lambda

woah, doom beta has horrendous slow down at the bethesda logo? =/

Once it got past it everything seems fine though, so odd o_O

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I got a new PC about half a year ago and I made a new Steam account to have a fresh start. I've already bought a couple of games in the last big sale, but it's been quite some time since I used Steam.
Can anyone explain to me what these cards do? Looks like most people tend to buy games only if they give you cards? What is their purpose?
Cards are marketable, so you can make like 8-10 cents off of one if you sell it. Each game comes with at least like 4-5 cards, so if you have a lot of games, this adds up. Alternatively, some people use cards to craft badges, which are little decorations based on whatever game those cards belong to, that you can display on your steam profile. Some people craft these badges during sales, so they can get Steam sale related items that are usually worth more money than those individual cards. Some people just collect badges/use badges to level up their profile more.

It looks like the Humble Monthly leaked early:

- The Witness
- Darkest Dungeon
- Grandia II
- South Park: The Stick of Truth
- This War of Mine
- Tales from the Borderlands
- Tailwind (humble original)
- Persona Collection (humble debut)

Sorry.

.... that's actually funny
until you understand that every mystery hides a bad rat or two

I think

He's being sarcastic lol

It looks like the Humble Monthly leaked early:

- The Witness
- Darkest Dungeon
- Grandia II
- South Park: The Stick of Truth
- This War of Mine
- Tales of Borderlands
- Tailwind (humble original)
- Persona Collection (humble debut)
Someone already beat you to it with a more believable one :p

Cards are marketable, so you can make like 8-10 cents off of one if you sell it. Each game comes with at least like 4-5 cards, so if you have a lot of games, this adds up. Alternatively, some people use cards to craft badges, which are little decorations based on whatever game those cards belong to, that you can display on your steam profile. Some people craft these badges during sales, so they can get Steam sale related items that are usually worth more money than those individual cards. Some people just collect badges/use badges to level up their profile more.

Thanks! So I can sell them and the money goes directly to my steam account? Sounds promising. So do you get them for playing the game for a certain amount of time or only after you finished a game?

Personally, I enjoy Rock Band - bought Rock Band 4 on PS4 and even plunked down to re-purchase some of my favorite songs that I had bought back when I had an Xbox Live account. I'd like to see Rock Band 4 on PC if only to know that it won't be stuck on a particular platform when that platform dies. But I have no illusions that Rock Band will ever be "a thing" again, and they shouldn't either.

I completely understand. I think its highly unlikely the game can be funded via crowd funding. They are asking an audience that for the most part hasn't ever played a rockband game, doesn't have the instruments laying around, and then to be solitary players to fund a party game. I think it would do well if released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom