• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow incredible bundle.

Nuclear Throne (YES!)
Renowned Explorers
Nova 111
The Magic Circle
Super Avalanche
Stikbold
Tailwind

Next month's early unlock is Mad Max.

Phinor

That's the last humble monthly I'll buy, it's just not working. Great for people who never actually buy games but again I already owned everything I wanted from that bundle.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks! So I can sell them and the money goes directly to my steam account? Sounds promising. So do you get them for playing the game for a certain amount of time or only after you finished a game?
Yeah, they go straight to your Steam wallet. Cards drop after you play the game after a set amount of time (e.g. every 15 minutes). If you ever refund a game, however, they the drop rate changes so that only cards drop after 2 hours have elapsed (therefore you can no longer refund the game).

Last months with Wasteland 2 and ARK were more interesting to me. I don't know most of these games. Looks like a good deal though. These monthlies are pretty good bundles. And next has Mad Max. Not bad, not bad.

mad max hmmm... but if the preview game is mad max surely that means the actual bundle will be trash, right? Its basically them blowing their load before the bundle is even out.

Groupees hasn't gotten my attention for about a year, maybe longer. Thems the bundlin breaks.

Half the Humble Monthly games are new to me. I think I'd like Mad Max from next month's bundle. Hmm.

^^^^^^ exactly, hmmmmmm

cyba89

mad max hmmm... but if the preview game is mad max surely that means the actual bundle will be trash, right? Its basically them blowing their load before the bundle is even out.

Last month had ARK and the rest of the bundle was still really good.

why if i want to pay for May's bundle they want to charge me monthly, do i got to first purchase the bundle and then cancel the auto renewal? i swear to god auto renewal without the user activating it should be against the law.

Yeah, they go straight to your Steam wallet. Cards drop after you play the game after a set amount of time (e.g. every 15 minutes). If you ever refund a game, however, they the drop rate changes so that only cards drop after 2 hours have elapsed (therefore you can no longer refund the game).

Alright, thanks a lot. Overall that sounds like a very cool feature. Rewarding the player with potential money for playing the game is pretty neat.

Vamphuntr

Those reviews for QB look rough. Metacritic in the 70s ouch. Then again Remedy has always been an overrated developer so its not really surprising. People gloss over them like they ares something special but they aren't. That idea to do a live tv show is dumb as fuck. No wonder MS decided to release QB on PC. Sales will probably be poor compared to the budget of that game so they will need all the sales they can get. Still saying it'll get a Steam release before the end of the year.

I have no doubt it was very expensive to make. The reason it's reviewing poorly appears to be that you don't spend the 10 hours shooting at enemies and instead there are long period of time where you simply walk around. Just like Alan Wake...

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Oh that Mad Max is awfully tempting, but so far Humble Monthly has been one game I want, majority I don't want/already have and I bet Max alone will go cheaper during a sale.

I must be strong and focus on all the games I already bought in deals and haven't played yet.

gabbo

I got a new PC about half a year ago and I made a new Steam account to have a fresh start. I've already bought a couple of games in the last big sale, but it's been quite some time since I used Steam.
Can anyone explain to me what these cards do? Looks like most people tend to buy games only if they give you cards? What is their purpose?

Steam profile level really. No real other use, but you can sell them on the Steam Marketplace and get steam wallet funds for them to buy whatever.

Anno

Looks like a cool bundle. Several things that were always interesting but that I probably wouldn't buy if left to myself, which is what I like out of bundles. Same with Mad Max for next month.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Pleased I didn't get this months bundle. Very tempted to get next month's for Mad Max though.

Tizoc

What a GUREYTO-DAZE day it's been;
JoJo part 4 anime ep. 1 was superb
Mad Max in the new monthly
Gonna go grab a few games from steam in a few hours too; DanganRonpa 2 pre-order isn't up yet?

Wow incredible bundle.

Nuclear Throne (YES!)
Renowned Explorers
Nova 111
The Magic Circle
Super Avalanche
Stikbold
Tailwind

Next month's early unlock is Mad Max.

Don't know a single one of these (Nuclear Throne rings a bell I guess). How do you guys keep up with all this stuff?

Hm, Mad Max is tempting.

Granjinha

People really go apeshit over review scores, huh? So weird. That post showing the Uncharted 3 review thread and some of the posts on the Quantum Break one... Wow.

Also

Holy shit at Mad Max being the preview game

I need some money ;-;

Arthea

Should I stick to my principles or Mad Max, decisions, decisions.
So far all monthly bundles had games I already have and some I'm not interested in, that means this one will be no different... but Mad Max... but principles.

Surely... right? Right?

doesn't it make you wonder what they are waiting for?
it can't be those iOS sales and double dipping, or can it?
I thought not many people do that in the first place, but maybe I'm wrong.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
People really go apeshit over review scores, huh? So weird. That post showing the Uncharted 3 review thread and some of the posts on the Quantum Break one... Wow.

Also

Holy shit at Mad Max being the preview game

I need some money ;-;

No idea why they do. Only review/opinion that should matter is your own.

AFAIK, only GTAV is Social Club exclusive. The rest of the games should be steam keys

edit: oh, you mean just their DRM-uplay stuff? Well, i had some issues with getting Max Payne 3 to load but, luckily, there are plenty of guides out there to walk you through any issues you may have

Aside from tying you, the user, into Rockstar's ecosystem? No.

I never had any problems with it from a technical perspective, but I do resent being forced to install it to begin with. It added nothing while being yet another account to keep track of.
NinjaEdit: Oh you mean downloading from their site. I had the Steam version, so nevermind me!

I had given up on the idea of getting a bundle but you two have made me interested again, I guess I can uninstall the rockstar stuff once I've played through the games.

Should I stick to my principles or Mad Max, decisions, decisions.
So far all monthly bundles had games I already have and some I'm not interested in, that means this one will be no different... but Mad Max... but principles.
Madciples, Princimax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom