• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

Cards? Is that a first for a Souls game? These better be some quality emoticons
Not sure but you might be right. Unless SOTFS had cards, I can't recall I have gotten any.
nxKcMNk.png

MUnited83

For you.
No way DS3 hits 200k. That is like Bethesda territory.

DS2 peak was 79k. As long as it does higher than that it will be good news.

Probably have to wait until the weekend to see the peak anyways. That is how it was with The Division which got 113k.
DS2 was released one month after consoles. As well as the downgrade talk, AMD after one motnh people were already saying how it wasn't as good as 1.
DS3 has huge potential. At the very least it will do double of what DS2 did.

Talking about short games, I'm too tired today to play anything, anybody knows any relaxing game that is not bad and I haven't played it yet?

Since I just finished it, I'm going to recommend Papo & Yo, which is a rather unusual (very light) puzzle platformer, that takes about 3½ hours to beat. It is unusual both in terms of the underlying theme, and that aesthetics are African in nature, which makes for a visually very distinct and very pleasing experience (IMO). Notably, you manipulate the environment using calk lines, which transform the fantastical shanty-town around you in many strange ways, such as making parts of the ground peel away, or make houses sprout limbs and move on their own accord:

oh i know a short game

squarecells!
I got that, at your recommendation I think, and I ended up putting 40+ hours into the trilogy .. I suppose if it'll fit the bill if you only get the first one.
EDIT: Misread as "Hexcells" .. derp.

Vuze

Ucchedavāda;200722880 said:
Since I just finished it, I'm going to recommend Papo & Yo, which is a rather unusual (very light) puzzle platformer, that takes about 3½ hours to beat. It is unusual both in terms of the underlying theme, and that aesthetics are African in nature, which makes for a visually very distinct and very pleasing experience (IMO). Notably, you manipulate the environment using calk lines, which transform the fantastical shanty-town around you in many strange ways, such as making parts of the ground peel away, or make houses sprout limbs and move on their own accord:
+1

Fantastic game and a pretty stunning visual experience too!

Amzin

Ah, that's another one I half finished. I have been wanting someone to come up with a cross-reference between your library and howlongtobeat - that would be so good. I mean, the work must basically be done because there are those sites that will tell you how long it will take to finish your library.

You can import your library into howlongtobeat actually, if you make an account. I found it a pain in the ass to manage which game I'd beaten but you can do it, anyway.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ucchedavāda;200722880 said:
I got that, at your recommendation I think, and I ended up putting 40+ hours into the trilogy .. I suppose if it'll fit the bill if you only get the first one.
EDIT: Misread as "Hexcells" .. derp.

to be fair i wasn't sure how many hours each lasted and i was thinking around 8ish but i just checked and im at like 10-20 each lol

except hexcells 1 that's a solid 5 hours, so i guess that one fit

mp1990

Banned
Are the Endless games from 4X worth grabbing, considering they're on sale? Endless Legend looks pretty cool so I'm tempted to at least buy that one.

EDIT: guess it wasn't a smart choice to question this right now, considering everyone's on the souls fever and this will probably be overlooked lol :|

Uzzy

Are the Endless games from 4X worth grabbing, considering they're on sale? Endless Legend looks pretty cool so I'm tempted to at least buy that one.

Yup. Endless Legend especially, it's a fantastic 4X, probably the best in recent years. I love the setting for it, really strong flavor and aesthetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom