• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Dark Souls III. I'm in love. It feels different than DS2 much more like DS1. It's a new release as it gets, so I'm not gonna post any of my close to 200 screens but man, believe me when I say, this is gorgeous. A much more stunning start than DS2. Just in terms of visuals. Love the color tone.
All those hundreds of hours made me forget how darn vulnerable one is at the beginning. Without any good shield or knowledge of the area. It's great to re-learn walking.
I had only very infrequent stutters thankfully. Not sure what is different with me since friends with pretty much identical hardware are having a rough time with hitches. I installed the game on SSD. No overclocked CPU or GPU.

yeah, it just feels so good to play. you're really fast, enemies are fast and aggressive, the level design is great so far. the weapon arts are a fun addition. I'm having weird little stutters too, I think they happen on saving because they seem to happen when I pick up items

Backlogger

It's nigh on impossible for an actual game to find itself stuck in Greenlight these days. Valve's greenlit almost 400 titles in the past ~five weeks alone.

Reminds me to check my spreadsheet to see if I have any unclaimed keys laying around.

If you want to see some real Dark Souls, go check the Oculus forums on reddit.

They just updated everyone's orders with revised shipping estimates, and they're really, *really* bad for the most part. Lots of people with original estimated March orders in the first 8 minutes now pushed out to the end of May, people who got that "1-3 weeks!" e-mail a few weeks ago also pushed to early May, etc. The wailing and gnashing of teeth is pretty damned loud

(my order also got shoved out to the end of May, but I very quickly learned to not trust anything shipping related from Oculus, so I'm not surprised or worried. It's just a headset at the end of the day)

Mivey

It's nigh on impossible for an actual game to find itself stuck in Greenlight these days. Valve's greenlit almost 400 titles in the past ~five weeks alone.
What's the point of having that system then? Just make it a standard 100$ fee like the AppStore and anyone can release anything, with Valve reserving the rights to throw you out for whatever.

Dsyndrome

Pissed at the first mimic in DS3; doing well and hadn't died up to that point, and I knew he was a mimic, but the stupid guy leaped around the ladder I was using to keep him away and at me just like he would've if I was a dumbass around treasure chests.

Remembered at that point that life was like in Demon's Souls and was now much less, at least I beat the thing the second time and got to the next bonfire.

Dsyndrome

Getting older still in a few days, but won't be around to give something away since we're going to see 2Cellos in San Jose that day.

What does that mean for y'all? Giveaway sooner! Wanted to give away something that not everyone has yet (only two folks on my friend list thus far), so good luck!
Edit: It's the new one.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

doom_alt_boxart.0.0.jpg

DOOM -- MB-2CE8877885251D20 - Taken by Backlogger. 107 entrants total.

t1460523812z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's the point of having that system then? Just make it a standard 100$ fee like the AppStore and anyone can release anything, with Valve reserving the rights to throw you out for whatever.

That was the end goal originally, more or less. I'd guess Valve's decided to keep Greenlight in place as a filter against copyright infringement and the like.

MUnited83

For you.
this first area is huge

but dual wielding is essentially the same?

was far as I was informed, it's not. There's no power stance/dual wield. A couple of weapons have dualwielding as a weapon art, but it's not something that is common to all weapons like DS2 is, and it wastes the blue/magick thingy.

zkylon

zkylewd
was far as I was informed, it's not. There's no power stance/dual wield. A couple of weapons have dualwielding as a weapon art, but it's not something that is common to all weapons like DS2 is, and it wastes the blue/magick thingy.
the dual wield swords you get as mercenary you can two hand for "power stance" or whatever and then it's:
r1 - right sword light attack
r2 - right sword heavy attack
l1 - cool dual wield move
l2 - sword art dual wield move (costs mana)

so yea it's kind of the same or very similar at least

remains to be seen how many dual wield weapons are there

Oublieux

I haven't visited the thread in a while as I've really scaled back my purchasing (both impulsive and planned). It's a mix of lack of time and just the necessity to save financially.

But it gave me time to work on my backlog! I'm in the middle of... Dragon Age: Origins. I clocked in at least 60 hours previously but just never finished it because I wanted to complete every little quest. It's still as fun as strategic as I remember it.

I think my only foreseeable purchase soon will be Overwatch. I know it's a non-Steam game, but is anyone else going to be playing it?

MUnited83

For you.
the dual wield swords you get as mercenary you can two hand for "power stance" or whatever and then it's:
r1 - right sword light attack
r2 - right sword heavy attack
l1 - cool dual wield move
l2 - sword art dual wield move (costs mana)

so yea it's kind of the same or very similar at least

remains to be seen how many dual wield weapons are there

yeah. its only specific weapons.

that SUCKS

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Now will look at people not complaining about mobs because Miyazaki its at helm when I see similar situations to DS2 already
KuGsj.gif

Its great but the DS2 and DS1 roots in there are obvious.

drakaenae

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Quantum Rush Champions -- MB-9A438148E4A950B0 - Taken by texhnolyze
Coffin Dodgers -- MB-8082FA37B9BD2D13 - Taken by Loptous
The Slaughtering Grounds -- MB-4A36D938D35C21DD - Taken by bloke
Orbital Gear -- MB-AC975764E2CDD1AB - Taken by ExoSoul
Indie Game Battle -- MB-CA0137FA22353CFA - Taken by Kifimbo
Grave Prosperity Redux part 1 -- MB-B2A661C8DDA7C9F0 - Taken by Abomination
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-32CE0725172E8722 - Taken by Lashley
Alterworld -- MB-3C4E3DE80D9E18C7 - Taken by Belgarion
Mechanic Escape -- MB-4B3BD05AE98FC4D9 - Taken by Costa1774
Galactic Hitman -- MB-95E8D2E305F32BE1 - Taken by Ozium - Taken by bobnowhere
Temper Tantrum -- MB-5623957890C4337C - Taken by Kagemusha
Yargis Space Melee -- MB-9CF8049B3C95C9F3 - Taken by Saty
breakout invaders -- MB-9442B8823FC52EDF - Taken by fuzzy123
Phoenix Force -- MB-B474050FFC2124FF - Taken by GaussTek

MUnited83

For you.
Now will look at people not complaining about mobs because Miyazaki its at helm when I see similar situations to DS2 already
KuGsj.gif

Its great but the DS2 and DS1 roots in there are obvious.

I bet they are not going to complain there's too many bonfires either. All hail Miyazaky trumps everything! :p

zkylon

zkylewd
beaten the second boss, was pretty easy compared to some of the regular enemies lol

i kinda like medium shields not being able to parry, means i gotta go light shield for the dungeon and then two fist for the bosses

yeah. its only specific weapons.

that SUCKS
it's probably more limited but i'd argue dual wielding in dks2 wasn't very good in the first place so idk if we're missing much :p

MUnited83

For you.
beaten the second boss, was pretty easy compared to some of the regular enemies lol

i kinda like medium shields not being able to parry, means i gotta go light shield for the dungeon and then two fist for the bosses

it's probably more limited but i'd argue dual wielding in dks2 wasn't very good in the first place so idk if we're missing much :p

power stancing and dual wields were amazing, shut up :c

The Pin Steam app is updated to work on Win 10 now and it solved all my issues and replaced Steam Tile finally.

My start menu is all sorted and looks great and this app launches games without leaving itself and another window open on the desktop unlike ST.

I'm very happy with the change.

Deques

Why were you all excited for the price mistake that was in Mexico and disappointed when it was released? Isn't it region blocked?

Still there were some who are not south americans and still got pissed for missing the mistake >.<

Kinda sucks for you then :(

I found a few people selling it way more than the price mistake price. Like 30x times more

that's kind of expected, it was a mistake and it is like almost free profits. That's how the market works if there's demand for something.

and there is for dsiii with season pass on the cheap side. :p

zkylon

zkylewd
the dungeons in dks3 are pretty huge and labyrinthic but i'm hoping it opens up soon

even if i'm given two choices i like having that

also i'm so glad sheaths are back

words of someone that didn't used it :p. Dual fists/dual large clubs/dual katanas are freaking amazing. Rapiers too.

i goofed around with it on ng+ but never really serious

yeah I tried powerstances for a while, never found one that was good enough for me, except maybe double maces early game.

the "cool" ones just required too high stats to work like powestance majestic greatsword

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
8.5GB of the 9.9GB Doom beta update is audio. Judging from the files and folders, that's all of the game's audio.

Has anyone managed to fix controllers that don't work in Dark Souls 3? My Steam, X1 and 360 controllers all don't work in the game. I can look around with the Steam controller but nothing else works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom