• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

I usually like the fact that I can easily RDP to my home PC from work.

friends3ijue.png

But not always.

There's always sabbatical leave, if that's an option in Austria's universities.

Hektor

First impressions:

The game feels more like BB x DeS, rather than Dark Souls. Not that that is a bad thing.
That
Resident Evil like
moment was amazing.
Designwise this game is already top notch and 'll buy the artbook.
Runs with 60FPS, but some severe hick ups every now and then.

Is From serious about that?

(Spoilers from first real area)

That's even worse than DSII's trees, lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
maybe get a proper computer and bump the settings to max because my game doesnt look like that >_>

mp1990

Banned
I'm trying to get my friends on the overwatch hype train but they just won't! The trailers look amazing to them, the gameplay looks amazing, yet they don't want to spend the money. Please friends, please!
Considering the disappointing word of mouth I've heard regarding Overwatch, I can't blame your friends for not getting excited about it. Some podcasts I follow reported the gameplay being janky and unbalanced, and in conjunct with the high price tag, my excitement for it deflated pretty quickly.

Oublieux

I'm trying to get my friends on the overwatch hype train but they just won't! The trailers look amazing to them, the gameplay looks amazing, yet they don't want to spend the money. Please friends, please!

If you preorder the game you actually get an extra early access open beta key to share. It starts May 3, if I remember correctly. Maybe it will be enough to convince one of your friends! I played during a weekend beta and it was a blast.

Mivey

Stardew Valley is going to break 1 million soon
I still find it hard to believe that Valve almost begged the Harvest Moon guys to release something on PC, but they were like "No, we're good.". I guess a PC must have bullied them in childhood.

Balthuk

Considering the disappointing word of mouth I've heard regarding Overwatch, I can't blame your friends for not getting excited about it. Some podcasts I follow reported the gameplay being janky and unbalanced, and in conjunct with the high price tag, my excitement for it deflated pretty quickly.

Well I'd be more interested in playing with friends for fun, not competitive but I see how that might not be fun if it's janky and unbalanced. I haven't heard such a thing though and from the gameplay videos I've seen, I'd be happy to jump into it.

If you preorder the game you actually get an extra early access open beta key to share. It starts May 3, if I remember correctly. Maybe it will be enough to convince one of your friends! I played during a weekend beta and it was a blast.

Well, the point is I'm not to keen to buy the game alone in the first place. But isn't the open beta open anyway? As in open for everybody? I thought that was my chance of getting everybody to try it out. Who knows? Maybe after playing it I don't enjoy it after all, or they do.

Lain

Well I'd be more interested in playing with friends for fun, not competitive but I see how that might not be fun if it's janky and unbalanced. I haven't heard such a thing though and from the gameplay videos I've seen, I'd be happy to jump into it.

Well, the point is I'm not to keen to buy the game alone in the first place. But isn't the open beta open anyway? As in open for everybody? I thought that was my chance of getting everybody to try it out. Who knows? Maybe after playing it I don't enjoy it after all, or they do.

I haven't heard any bad word of mouth for the game, at least on GAF and nothing looked janky or unbalanced when watching streams, though who knows. Getting friends to buy the game is a bit difficult though, I still try to get one to buy it.

Open beta should be open, preorders just get like a what, 2 or 3 days head-start? I'm not even sure I'm gonna get that head-start since Amazon Italy hasn't updated the info on their store page to include that, so I'm guessing I'll get to try it out together with everyone else when the open beta drops.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hoping for some nice aditions to humble to justify the $12 tier. well I wanted homefront anyway but still ;_;

garath

Hoping for a small xcom2 sale soon. I've waited this long for it, I might as well wait until the sale. I'd probably even pick it up at $40.

JustinBB7

maybe get a proper computer and bump the settings to max because my game doesnt look like that >_>

I have everything maxed out and that part looks like that no matter what settings you have. It's not a main part of the game, it's a random outside the world texture that just looks horrible.

Balthuk

I haven't heard any bad word of mouth for the game, at least on GAF and nothing looked janky or unbalanced when watching streams, though who knows. Getting friends to buy the game is a bit difficult though, I still try to get one to buy it.

Open beta should be open, preorders just get like a what, 2 or 3 days head-start? I'm not even sure I'm gonna get that head-start since Amazon Italy hasn't updated the info on their store page to include that, so I'm guessing I'll get to try it out together with everyone else when the open beta drops.

Cool, so the open beta is my chance.
I haven't heard any bad word of mouth as well but I mean I've mostly followed a couple of youtube channels so that doesn't say much. I have been eyeing some pretty expensive(for my standards) games, R6 siege, overwatch, the division, xcom2 and I have been trying to get others to get one of them as well, so I can have friends to talk/play with and overwatch seems the best fit for most of my friends.
And I know these games are not full price all the time but it still is quite a lot of money for me. Which is why I appreciate it when games offer demos/open betas.

Knurek

If not, maybe they will put up a new bundle that's worth $12
who am I kidding?

Humble Sekai Project bundle.

$1 for Planetarian, Nekopara Vol. 1 & Narcissu 1st & 2nd.
BTA for Nekopara Vol. 0, Asphyxia and Yohjo Simulator
$24 for Fruit of Grisaia*

*codes will be available on MayJuneJulyAugust, after the game hits $2 on Steam Summer sale..

mp1990

Banned

To be fair, the only time I've heard bad impressions about it was through this podcast, so take my sources with a bit of salt, they might be a bit misguided. I'd love giving Overwatch a try, considering how much I love TF2, but unless they release an open beta I'm not willing to blindly take the risk.

Anno

To be fair, the only time I've heard bad impressions about it was through this podcast, so take my sources with a bit of salt, they might be a bit misguided. I'd love giving Overwatch a try, considering how much I love TF2, but unless they release an open beta I'm not willing to blindly take the risk.

Good news is there is an open beta, I believe beggining of May.

Arthea

Dark Souls isn't even an Arthea-approved game tho.

I don't like dying in general and in any games, that's kinda my character quirk or something if you want it to see it that way, and has little to do with games where you die a lot being good or bad, or having my approval or not, not that I never touch such games, I just prefer other kind as a general rule.

I still find it hard to believe that Valve almost begged the Harvest Moon guys to release something on PC, but they were like "No, we're good.". I guess a PC must have bullied them in childhood.

I'm kinda glad it turned this way, I actually like Stardew Valley more than HM games, not that I've played all, but those I tried.
On second thought, competition is good, bring on HM too and while at it Rune Factory too!

derExperte

Relive the Terror of the ALIEN Universe in Aliens vs. Pinball

We are excited to reveal that we have teamed up with Fox Digital Entertainment to create an all-new pinball three-pack set in the blockbuster ALIEN Universe. Relive the terror in the Aliens vs. Pinball pack!

[...]

The Aliens vs. Pinball pack will be released on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PSN, Steam, Windows 10, Mac, iOS, Android and Amazon on April 26th.

Balthuk

I'd love giving Overwatch a try, considering how much I love TF2, but unless they release an open beta I'm not willing to blindly take the risk.

Cool then try it out may 5-9 like me

if you pre-purchase Overwatch for any platform digitally or at selected retailers by April 29, you’ll also get early access to the Open Beta for you and a friend from May 3–4. After that, everyone will have a chance to play free during an all-access Open Beta period from May 5–9.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

We are excited to reveal that we have teamed up with Fox Digital Entertainment to create an all-new pinball three-pack set in the blockbuster ALIEN Universe. Relive the terror in the Aliens vs. Pinball pack!

[...]

The Aliens vs. Pinball pack together will be released on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PSN, Steam, Windows 10, Mac, iOS, Android and Amazon on April 26th.

this was kinda stealth announced with the cinema re-release of the two first Alien movies, but I think most people missed that... I'm looking forward to the Aliens table :)

I'm still bitter that there are no showings for the movies here in Germany, would love to see both on the big screen

[...]

The Aliens vs. Pinball pack will be released on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PSN, Steam, Windows 10, Mac, iOS, Android and Amazon on April 26th.

"Aliens vs Pinball" sounds like an April Fools joke on the level of Lord of the Rings go kart racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom