• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
KT HB! believe.
Are we getting another HB today, or only one at the time as it used to be?

No idea but I always follow these words of advice:

dissapointment.jpg

Why do so many people like to pretend to farm? That's weird.

Have you ever actually farmed? Its hard work.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Fear Effect kickstarter is live, with a 15€/$17/12£ early bird, limited tier for the just the game and a 100k goal.

I really loved the Fear Effect games, but I'm not feeling this new top-down view or combat changes (personally). That being said, I'd probably buy this but I don't see myself backing it.

I really loved the Fear Effect games, but I'm not feeling this new top-down view or combat changes (personally). That being said, I'd probably buy this but I don't see myself backing it.

At least they got the look right

and who knows, with the recent release of the resident evil remasters and the greenlighting of an RE2 remake, maybe if this takes off Square Enix will see that there is interest in both Fear Effect and a fixed camera shooter?

one can only dream

Lain

Understandable. I decided to go in for 15€. Them having gone and picked the original writer gives me some confidence at least for the story not changing too much.

Btw. before FF9 was at the end of April in the upcoming release list, now it moved in-between other April 14 releases, so I guess that April 14 release that was seen on that Japanese document or whatever it was, was true. Poor Arthea.

Knurek

Btw. before FF9 was at the end of April in the upcoming release list, now it moved in-between other April 14 releases, so I guess that April 14 release that was seen on that Japanese document or whatever it was, was true. Poor Arthea.

Don't worry, C&D from makers of BlueStacks incoming.

Sch1sm

I seem to hear framerate issues with the XB1 a lot in general. Is that a persistent problem?

If you Google it, there's at least 5 games that show up in the first page that are just people on forums having a moment over x game they're experiencing drops of, including, but not limited to a Halo title, Black Ops 3, ARK: Survival Evolved, Neverwinter, etc, etc.

I've never really experienced that issue, but I haven't bought a new game for XB1 since Q4/Holiday 2014 outside of NBA 2K16 and whatever I've gotten free from GwG. Overall, my experience with it is fine, personally.

Also, I'm pretty sure DS3 got a patch on PC/XB1/PS4 to fix those same frame rate drop issues, have you got that installed on your XB1?

Tenrius

I was about to say, 8GB of RAM should not be the issue. I remember reading DS3 benefiting a lot from CPU, so maybe your laptop's one is most likely the issue.

My CPU is actualy pretty decent. It's an i7, a mobile i7, but still.

The game kinda worked on my fourth try, I was even able to play for ~20 minutes and beat the first boss before it crashed again. I got 15-20 FPS on the average with some occasional drops to 10-12 in graphics heavy places (like looking at the castle in the distance), which is actually pretty decent for a modern game on my hardware. However, those "insufficient memory" errors and crashes are strange, I don't get those with any other game including The Witcher 3.

And it actually kicked me out of the online mode lol, because I had a low framerate. "Unsuitable for online play", hmph. If it wasn't for this and the crashes, I'd consider playing through the game like this, but I think I'll have to hold off until getting a PS4 or a better PC (the latter is much more likely to happen soon).

Ludens

Banned
So FFIX is, again, in the "coming soon" releases, with a 14th April supposed date (because it's still "earlt 2016").
Will SE fuck up for the fourth time?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Dsyndrome, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

DOOM -- MB-2CE8877885251D20 - Taken by Backlogger. 107 entrants total.

t1460523812z1.png

Anustart

My steam wallet sits at 10.63 but my heart yearns for Dark Souls 3. If only I didn't have a wife that insisted on "responsibilities" coming first.

Red Hood

Banned
Bought the Darksiders Pack but the confirmation page doesn't seem to be checking out. The thing is, it charged me. Sigh, customer service here I come

shockdude

I have some leftover wallet money, might as well pick up Darksiders II Deathinitive.
I bought the original Darksiders II a while back, I probably should play it.

Edit: On second thought, eh. I have too many games and I don't need the extras.

zkylon

zkylewd
yo, I've heard you like Dark Souls.
Seriously how come steamgaf is such a DS fangirls club?
idk, good aaa hardcore games? they don't make many of those anymore

I should play Rage sometime, it's been on my backlog for a long time.
you should, it's pretty good

Firekeeper is the true souls waifu.
i don't like her much, emerald herald wasn't great but she had a few more lines of dialogue at least

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I've been liquidating inventory to try and afford Dark Souls 3 without it costing too much.

Valve making those TF2 sunglasses marketable from like three or four years ago helped a bit. Thanks Valve

Kanokare

Added the link to my initial post for Darksiders 2 DE. Dropped to 90 percent off fast and doesn't seem to be a price error... yet.

Tenrius

Isn't a mobile i7 pretty much an equivalent of desktop i3?

I guess!

Anyway, I don't think the CPU is the issue here, the GPU is. As with most games, I'm getting a decent framerate (30-35 works good enough for me) until it overheats and drops its core clock from ~900 to ~300. That takes 2-3 minutes, so that's about 2-3 minutes of relative smootheness for me and it's consistent across multiple games (some don't overheat the GPU that much or don't suffer that much of a performance hit, but it's basically the same). I'm pretty sure the cooling system is dirty as hell though, as I never cleaned it. Might want to get to that.

As for the crashes, I'm not sure what's causing them, but many others seems to be reporting the same issue, even with decent overall performance.

Darksiders 2 DE edition also integrated the DLC into the main game and rebalances the loot system for the whole game to take into account loot from the DLC, too, making it kinda like the SOTFS edition of Darksiders 2

Lain

Darksiders link on Steam frontpage doesn't work for me. I wonder why.
More curious than anything, I already have 1, 2 and the 2 DE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom