• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There's a All New Releases tab; if you're talking about new sales throughout the week, they usually pop up in the top right, also think Cheapassgamer keeps track of that stuff.

Powered by Enhanced Steam

MUnited83

For you.
e9da171014.jpg
75d0643423.jpg
Fahrenheit is getting achievements soon.

Anyone that hasnt bought it yet should get Tales from the Borderlands ASAP

FLD

Fahrenheit is getting achievements soon.

I thought it already did? Or are they not active yet? I won it in a giveaway when it first came out but held off on playing because the devs said they would patch in achievements later. Feel kinda bad about putting it off for so long, I kinda figured they'd be faster about it...

Speaking of giveaways, that Telltale bundle gave me quite a few spares. I already have a bunch I've been meaning to give away for a while, I should probably get around to looking into how to set one up with Modbot.

Ucchedavāda;200797232 said:
Speaking of Darksiders 2, you can get the deathinitive edition for free if you already own the standard edition, via this website:
http://ds2dekeyredeem.nordicgames.at.

Holy shit, thanks for pointing that out! I was actually considering buying it.

Teggy

Regarding Darksiders 2 Deathinitive, don't download the beta patch unless you run into a roadblock - it makes the performance worse. I wound up having to download it to get past one particular bug and then rolled it back. The devs seem to have left the game for dead and people who bought it are not too happy as you can see in the discussion boards. Except for that one bug I had to work around it played very well.

Hektor

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hektor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

- -- MB-331B6B3E0ABDA22A - Taken by ussjtrunks
Brothers -- MB-88F4E09881299E77 - Taken by Megauap

huh, it's only Brothers a tale of two sons. Dunno why there are two giveaways, and which the right one is.

yuraya

Been waiting for a Telltale bundle for well over a year now. Good shit humblebundle. Got the BTA and only game I already owned was Tales from the Borderlands.

ModBot said:
Instructions for yuraya:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yuraya, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tales from the Borderlands -- MB-2ABD01447551C888 - Taken by Vazduh. 21 entrants total.

t1460486853z1.png

C4rter

The awesome Fahrenheit
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered -- MB-F3F334A780B6F7AD - Taken by Natty1

Dr.Acula

Banned
first time i hear of this

rockstar never cahnges i guess

13. Appreciative of his inclusion as a “Rockstar Principal,” Mr. Benzies worked tirelessly with his team at Rockstar North for five years to create GTA 4: The Lost and Damned; GTA 4: The Ballad of Gay Tony; and GTA 5. During that time, Sam Houser regularly referred to Mr. Benzies as his “partner,” sending dozens of emails praising his work and promising to always protect Mr. Benzies’ interests. Emails from Sam Houser to Mr. Benzies included statements such as “I’ve got your back,” and “It is always a pleasure to look out for you,” as well as “so proud to be partners with you,” “Partners for real!!” and “Together Forever!” GTA 5’s release broke seven Guinness World Records and thrilled fans around the globe. To date, GTA 5 has generated approximately $3 billion in sales.

14. Seeming to recognize the tireless dedication required to produce this world-record-breaking economic success, the culmination of 19 years of diligence and achievement by Mr. Benzies and his team, in 2014 the Defendants flew Mr. Benzies to New York and encouraged him to take a six-month sabbatical to recharge his batteries. The Defendants told Mr. Benzies that the sabbatical was a well-earned rest period, and that “they greatly appreciated his dedication to its business and products.”

15. As it turns out, Defendants had a more permanent separation in store for Mr. Benzies, who when he attempted to return as scheduled from his sabbatical learned he had been ousted from Rockstar. Mr. Benzies also learned that while he was away the Houser brothers had allocated at least $93,000,000 in profit-sharing payments to themselves, with another $523,000,000 in profits still unaccounted for. During that period, Mr. Benzies did not receive a single dollar in profit-sharing payments, a significant and dramatic departure from the former practice of profit-sharing equality among the three “Rockstar Principals.”

Damn!

Ryne

I know everyone is on DS3 right now, but did anyone give Stories: Path of Destinies a shot? Despite the shitty title, it looks interesting to me as a different type of action RPG.

Well I went ahead and bought it. For those who care, the graphic options in-game are "Low", "Medium" and "High", and you can only go to a resolution of 1920*1080.

I'll post later with some impressions.

Balthuk

13. Appreciative of his inclusion as a “Rockstar Principal,” Mr. Benzies worked tirelessly with his team at Rockstar North for five years to create GTA 4: The Lost and Damned; GTA 4: The Ballad of Gay Tony; and GTA 5. During that time, Sam Houser regularly referred to Mr. Benzies as his “partner,” sending dozens of emails praising his work and promising to always protect Mr. Benzies’ interests. Emails from Sam Houser to Mr. Benzies included statements such as “I’ve got your back,” and “It is always a pleasure to look out for you,” as well as “so proud to be partners with you,” “Partners for real!!” and “Together Forever!” GTA 5’s release broke seven Guinness World Records and thrilled fans around the globe. To date, GTA 5 has generated approximately $3 billion in sales.

14. Seeming to recognize the tireless dedication required to produce this world-record-breaking economic success, the culmination of 19 years of diligence and achievement by Mr. Benzies and his team, in 2014 the Defendants flew Mr. Benzies to New York and encouraged him to take a six-month sabbatical to recharge his batteries. The Defendants told Mr. Benzies that the sabbatical was a well-earned rest period, and that “they greatly appreciated his dedication to its business and products.”

15. As it turns out, Defendants had a more permanent separation in store for Mr. Benzies, who when he attempted to return as scheduled from his sabbatical learned he had been ousted from Rockstar. Mr. Benzies also learned that while he was away the Houser brothers had allocated at least $93,000,000 in profit-sharing payments to themselves, with another $523,000,000 in profits still unaccounted for. During that period, Mr. Benzies did not receive a single dollar in profit-sharing payments, a significant and dramatic departure from the former practice of profit-sharing equality among the three “Rockstar Principals.”

Damn indeed, this is some crazy stuff. Haven't read the article yet but that quoted part sure is something.

Edit: Looks like it is a 71 page complaint so I guess I won't read that any day soon. I guess someone will go through and summarize it into an article, check with both sides etc.

Dark Souls games have always been uneven visually. There are beautiful, amazing sections and then there are parts of the game that look like they pulled them from an early ps2 game.

Just how they do things over there

zkylon

zkylewd
not sure if that was a joke post, but i never get the point of showing a game's most unflattering angle as demonstrating something. every game looks ugly if you want it to. meanwihle the 99.5% remaining spots are beautiful

dex3108

That is just beginning

X post from lawsuit thread

Damn

In 2014, the Housers forced an abrupt and unannounced end to Mr. Benzies’ profit-sharing payments, without notice or warning, and without reference to exactly where they or the companies obtained this authority. Mr. Benzies received only a simple message from an executive vice-president at Rockstar: “Sam thinks you’ve had enough.”

And whole this section.

Denial of Royalties, Attempted Return, and Ouster

It soon became clear to Mr. Benzies that the “sabbatical” was actually an expulsion – the commencement of Defendants’ campaign to oust Mr. Benzies. By September 2014, Sam Houser had ceased all communications with Mr. Benzies. Mr. Benzies’ company Blackberry was remotely disabled without notice and his company email account was locked, over Mr. Benzies’ objections. Mr. Benzies requested access to the account during the sabbatical, which was wholly rejected.

During Mr. Benzies’ sabbatical, Sam Houser terminated or forced-out some of Mr. Benzies’ key support staff. Mr. Benzies was not consulted about those decisions or any other business decisions during his sabbatical.

During the sabbatical, Mr. Benzies had infrequent contact with Rockstar through Ms. Kolbe. He was not allowed to speak with any other colleagues at Rockstar, and was not allowed access to any data. Long-time colleague Andy Semple refused to meet with him. Mr. Benzies was now completely cut-off, including from colleagues he had worked with for up to twenty years.

While Mr. Benzies was on his sabbatical and through the date of this Complaint, Sam Houser and Dan Houser (through the “Allocation Committee” comprised of the Housers, and one Take-Two representative) awarded themselves at least $93,000,000 in profit sharing distributions derived from the exploitation of GTA 5, and potentially as much as $523,000,000. During that period, Sam Houser awarded Mr. Benzies no shared profits, a violation of the 2009 Royalty Plan, his own fiduciary duty to Mr. Benzies, and the long-standing actual practice of treating the Rockstar Principals identically with respect to royalties. Mr. Benzies also failed to receive quarterly reports describing the “royalty pool” (as was his contractual right, and Take-Two’s contractual obligation, under the 2009 Royalty Plan), until March 2015. He received no notice that any Plan profit shares were distributed to his fellow Rockstar Principals.

More i read more i think how bad are Housers

As neither Take-Two nor Rockstar had issued any notice of termination or discharge, Mr. Benzies began preparing to resume his duties in anticipation of his April 1, 2015 return to work. He requested that his email access be restored, that meetings with the other Rockstar Principals and key Take-Two executives be scheduled, and that he receive status reports on certain employees, particularly those who left while he was on sabbatical.

Instead of facilitating responses to these requests, and inconsistent with Mr. Benzies’ Sabbatical Agreement’s specific ending date of April 1, 2015, Ms. Kolbe and Sam Houser traveled to Edinburgh to purportedly survey Rockstar North employees about Mr. Benzies’ return. On information and belief, Ms. Kolbe and Sam Houser used the “survey” to make statements to Rockstar North managers and employees (and attempted to elicit statements from those managers and employees) intended to undercut and complicate Mr. Benzies’ ability to return to Rockstar North.

This all could be lie but i don't think that you go against one of the richest people if you don't have some proof.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks for that. Looks like I'm not spending a single cent on a Rockstar game again.
honestly, this doesn't concern me much

it's a lot of money from a big exec guy which i guess sucks but when i compare it to the dozens of layoffs, months of forced crunch, pay cuts and generally bad working conditions, it's really not something i care about too much

if there's a reason you shouldn't give rockstar money i think that's the #1

like from a drama and news standpoint this is a big thing but the people that actually make games every day have been screwed by rockstar for years

Hektor

I think i just had my biggest WTF moment in all of souls.

Maybe because you wrote "Brothers - a tale of two sons"?
You can't use "-" outside of the key.

Oh yeah, that must be it. Makes sense at least, thinking about it. The Name was written with that on the Humble Page.

not sure if that was a joke post, but i never get the point of showing a game's most unflattering angle as demonstrating something. every game looks ugly if you want it to. meanwihle the 99.5% remaining spots are beautiful

I didn't even recognized you at first. Your Avatar is not anime enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom