• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

bde8f0e009828fd323fe3a867f3891412d6b8a59.jpg

Finished Sniper: Ghost Warrior yesterday. I expected a sniper game but it wasn't really a sniper game which was really disappointing. You had to run and kill enemies, just like a normal fps game too and it was like 2/3 of the game. The times where you actually could snipe enemies were kinda bad too. The enemies could easily hit you from long distance and even when you are covered by a wall.
The game is plagued by game breaking bugs, enemies seems to spawn randomly with no whatever reason, so it's not possible to stealth through some levels and not get exposed. And not mention that I was hit by enemies when I was behind walls

Tizoc

If Nintendo actually brought their games to PC you know they would start their own download service, you would never see their games on Steam
Hey long as fan hacks or mods can be applied and the service isnt restrictive (bear with me) than that's fine
Really tho ninty feels to me unaware of the moola they could make be offering their old catalogue on a service thAt isnt their own damn hardware
Which by now i feel may meed a miracle to keep them on the map

kagamin

bde8f0e009828fd323fe3a867f3891412d6b8a59.jpg

Finished Sniper: Ghost Warrior yesterday. I expected a sniper game but it wasn't really a sniper game which was really disappointing. You had to run and kill enemies, just like a normal fps game too and it was like 2/3 of the game. The times where you actually could snipe enemies were kinda bad too. The enemies could easily hit you from long distance and even when you are covered by a wall.
The game is plagued by game breaking bugs, enemies seems to spawn randomly with no whatever reason, so it's not possible to stealth through some levels and not get exposed. And not mention that I was hit by enemies when I was behind walls

Sniper Elite V2 was a good sniper game.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah dark souls 3 is great, but how you progress dungeon by dungeon in a "straight line" is not so great

it just feels a lot less adventurous to just go forward all the time, and going back to the "nexus" just isn't as interesting if you're not gonna be able to go to a new place instead

so far i've been making progress pretty steadily but if someone gets stuck on a boss what other options do they have but to keep trying over and over?

that part i'm not a big fan of and it's a pity cos the level design is probably the best since demons, if not ever

that's a bit disappointing i guess, and i'm not 100% on the fan service-y stuff, but the rest is pretty great, the boss fights have been more hit than miss (and the misses at least had cool visual designs), and i'm liking the characters and the areas and the combat is probably the most enjoyable it's ever been, if a bit too fast paced for me heh

i'm at 12 hours i like less than two days lol

this game is awesome

Granjinha

So, right now i'm playing Dark Souls 3 and Enter the Gungeon.

And my friend gave me his PC spare key of Quantum Break.

Pretty nice. <3

dex3108

Hi, any details on what you mean? Do you mean there is going to be another version, newer than the Redux version?

They offer VR version as DLC on Steam.

Also Quantum Break won't get better visually according to this.

http://community.remedygames.com/forum/games/quantum-break/261576-quantum-break-status-update

Render technique and resolution on Windows 10
The Windows 10 version of Quantum Break uses the same reconstruction method as on Xbox One. If your resolution is set to 1080p, the game temporally reconstructs the image (except UI) from four 720p buffers rendered with 4xMSAA, just like on Xbox One. Engine assigns input geometry samples from 4xMSAA rendering into shaded clusters in order to maximize covered geometry while keeping the performance on acceptable level by reducing expensive shaded samples. When you change the resolution, the buffers used to construct the image are always 2/3rds of the set resolution, i.e. in 2560x1440 they would be 1706x960.

Tellaerin

Playing Dark Void now. (It seemed fitting to start it after finishing Bionic Commando.) Heard lots of negative things about this one. Turns out it's actually a pretty competent TPS/arcade-y flight title. Nothing amazing, but decent enough fun. Smooth transitions from ground to aerial combat are nice (once you get the jetpack), and hijacking flying aircraft is fun. The story's all over the place, though - feels almost like they didn't have time to do everything they'd planned, so they tried to fit the bits that were finished together as best they could. Kind of says something when you find yourself gleaning crucial bits of background info from the loading screens.

New store page

Looks interesting. Wishlisted.

Though that purple bunny-thing is nightmare fuel.

Feeling pretty old at 35, not gonna lie...

Hey, 35 is still an infant in dragon years. : )

Anteater

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered -- MB-61E951434A201E04 - Taken by Dragon1893

last time I tried playing this game, it just crashes on start up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom