• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, 35 is still an infant in dragon years. : )

Which reminds me that Game of Thrones is back this month. Can't wait.

Thanks for Fahrenheit Anteater, I hope I can get it to run, played it back in the day on PS2 and there are sections I'd like to revisit, it's a shame the game didn't maintain the level of quality of its best segments throughout.
Choice and consequence and the ability to influence the story are things I love in games so I always end up getting some enjoyment out of QD's games, it's a shame David Cage is such a fail in the storytelling department, especially since the concept is always interesting.

Almost ten hours and still in
Undead Settlement
. Mainly being a summon and helping others. All the while carefully clearing the area in my own game alone.... since every damn time i try to summon help it say "unable to summon" ( °_°)

Since Dark Souls 3 is DirectX 11, GeDoSaTo does not work with it. And so goes the chance at mods to replace Xbox buttons with Playstation ones I guess. What a shame :'(
so tell me gaf,how good is dark souls 3 ?
more like dark souls 1 or more like dark souls 2?
I like it a lot. Feels an amalgamation of Demon's, Dark 1 and Dark 2. In a good way.
e9da171014.jpg
75d0643423.jpg
I'm not visiting the thread for a day and already new bundles and additions. I should leave more often.
Not bad a bundle.
[...]
And it actually kicked me out of the online mode lol, because I had a low framerate. "Unsuitable for online play", hmph. If it wasn't for this and the crashes, I'd consider playing through the game like this, but I think I'll have to hold off until getting a PS4 or a better PC (the latter is much more likely to happen soon).
Very nice!
Well...I just discovered that I'm old now.

It's April 13, 2016...my Birthday.

I'm 35.
Me too, happy birthday, person exactly two years older than me!
Happy Birthday :D
It's mine as well, though I'm only 24 :p
Happy birthday to all of you!

Oh, didn't see that Dsyndrome and Kaname had a birthday too! :eek:

Happy birthday!

@Veggie ; yeah, there's this weird failure rate with summoning phantoms. I keep trying until it works.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
-Only SteamGaffers with OVER 9000 posts in this thread can enter this giveaway.

Brothers - A tale of two sons-- MB-69DAF3A90BECA996 - Taken by Jalal
GRAV -- MB-A719447B12CF1C66 - Taken by Ludens

Have fun.

Tizoc

edit: oh wait someone bought the foil i put up hah
Ah well selling it for usd 10 was the sensible thing to do anyways :3

MaxiLive

AHA-Lambda

Anyone else get an email about a £10 cash back offer on GMG via Quidco?

Sounds very generous, makes me wonder what the catch is? :/

Parsnip

Did you know that if you do the "toast" gesture in front of the firekeeper, she'll respond with a little kind of sort of pirouette? Try other gestures too. :p

Best waifu.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Unknown Battle -- MB-C07323B925CDD82F - Taken by Valahart

I feel really dumb. I played the new Hitman for 20 hours.
20 hours spent on doing the same three levels again and again.
It's not a bad game, but hell if IO isn't pushing the "great replay value with cheap methods" way.
I'm not even sure I spent 20 hours on Hitman Contracts, and I fully played it two times, one on Pro getting all Silent Assassin ranks, another on Normal to grab all weapons.
I feel forced to complete that checklist no matter what, and I still miss something like 30 challenges. IO should focus on give us more levels with less challenges, the full game will be six levels and two tutorial levels from what I understood, it's just a poor offer for 60€ for me.

Since the DS3 thread moves too fast. Two questions:

Do the candle holding statues have any significance in the first normal area? I mean if you go right you end in an area where there is one statue on a carpet.

I freed that guy from the cell in the first area and he gave me a ring to give to someone called Loretta or so. In the Undead Village I found her bones. What to do?

Ludens

Banned
When Nvidia will release new drivers? I mean, they only released broken drivers, some major games came out, like DS3, and still no driver update to fix the mess they did with the latest driver (for some people it works, but for a majority it doesn't, and it gives problem with DS3 it seems).
DX12 support would be nice too.

When Nvidia will release new drivers? I mean, they only released broken drivers, some major games came out, like DS3, and still no driver update to fix the mess they did with the latest driver (for some people it works, but for a majority it doesn't, and it gives problem with DS3 it seems).
DX12 support would be nice too.

What ver. are broken ???

AHA-Lambda

Does it discount gbp 10? Cuz id love to use it to get yokai watch 3ds :p

I'm not entirely sure, I got the impression you'll get £10 back later on, and if it's via Quidco I assume it'll be cash not credit, so I may well be able to get Banner Saga 2 for almost free :eek:

I'll try it later tonight and report

donny2112

Happy Birthday :D
It's mine as well, though I'm only 24 :p

Happy Birthday!
(and you're old now. Too far past High School/College age to still hang out with school kids = adult for reals = old)

Me too, happy birthday, person exactly two years older than me!

Happy Birthday!

Well...I just discovered that I'm old now.

It's April 13, 2016...my Birthday.

I'm 35.

You've been old for 11 years. It should be old hat by now.

Oh and Happy Birthday! \(^o^)/

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered -- MB-64C557E398675328 - Taken by Zeeman. 7 entrants total.

t1460551356z1.png

Did you know that if you do the "toast" gesture in front of the firekeeper, she'll respond with a little kind of sort of pirouette? Try other gestures too. :p

Best waifu.

I still maintain the Emerald Herald was better.

Bearer of the Curse (the dialog) and the Majula theme was stuck in my head for weeks.

Now that I think about it, I've never heard a more obnoxious repeating dialog than the Gransys shopkeeper from Dragon's Dogma. God damn that was annoying.

Anno

So what does NG+ do in a Dark Souls game? Just make the enemies incrementally tougher? Or does it also change how high your character can scale? Seems like you'd eventually not be able to keep up if the enemies change a lot.

Since dark souls is the hot topic of the hour: I'm playing DS2 SOTFS and I just got to Drangleic Castle.

How much would one say I have left? Im at the 30 hour mark and i'm starting to get worn out by the game a bit so im hoping to start wrapping it up soon.

also, the Consortium: The Tower figstarter has been funded. Seems like the move to Fig worked out for them in the end

Since dark souls is the hot topic of the hour: I'm playing DS2 SOTFS and I just got to Drangleic Castle.

How much would one say I have left? Im at the 30 hour mark and i'm starting to get worn out by the game a bit so im hoping to start wrapping it up soon.

To give you a general idea.

Drangleic Castle > ???? > ???? > ???? > ????? > ??? > ? > Final Boss

If I had to guess, I'd say you have about 10-15 hours to go.

There's not much left. I'd say you'll wrap it up in another 5-7 hours.

If I had to guess, I'd say you have about 10-15 hours to go.

Man have I forgotten DS2? I can't remember doing much after Drangleic castle.

EDIT - Yeah I was wrong. Probably 10 hours to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom